1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU Police Issues Timely Warning Following Reported Forcible Sexual Assault

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OP 9000, Apr 28, 2012.

1. OP 9000

OP 9000 Administrator Staff A/V Subscriber

Oklahoma State University Police is investigating a reported rape in the Village D apartments that the victim said occurred around 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The victim, an OSU student, reported the incident to OSU Police around 5:30 p.m. Friday.

The victim said the suspect threatened her with a pocket knife and followed her to her room. The suspect is a black male, 5'10" to 6' and around 200 pounds. His hair is a short, military cut and he has facial hair on his chin. He was wearing black jeans and a black polo shirt.

At this time the campus community is asked to remain viligant and take extra precautions, such as avoiding dimly lit areas and walking alone, and being aware of suspicious persons.

Please report any suspicious persons to OSU Police at 405.744.TIPS (8477). The university appreciates your patience and understanding during this incident. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.

2. Stingray

Stingray Deputy

Timely? Over 6 hours after it was reported....

RoughRider likes this.
  3. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

I'll be on the lookout, but I'm fairly sure I won't have a problem with any rapists.

4. RoughRider

RoughRider Deputy

I agree. I got my message at 12:32. 7 hours after being reported is not timely in my book.

5. im4okst

im4okst Protecting this house. A/V Subscriber

Lacie Lowry News On 6
    UPDATE: OSU Police say they've discovered inaccuracies in a rape case. Alleged victim has now declined to pursue prosecution of the suspect.

PrincetonPoke23 likes this.
  6. PrincetonPoke23

PrincetonPoke23 Sheriff A/V Subscriber

Hmmm... Female falsely accusing innocent male of rape?? I've never heard of this before... ahem... Duke... ahem...

dds115 likes this.
  7. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

That really f'd up the coach of Duke... and still pissed me off to this day.

8. Blue_Cowboy

Blue_Cowboy Cowboy

Ruined the prosecutor's career though (and rightfully so). Here's a fun fact, the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse guys of rape is currently on trial for murder...

Regardless, I support the idea that women should be able to report these heinous crimes without fear of judgment or doubt. Some women (Duke accuser for example) may exploit it, but I'd rather that than a culture of blaming the victim
    [steps off soapbox]