OSU vs Hoyas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I thought I read on Twitter the accused players played tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow, and Marcus Watson sits in purgatory. I am really tired of playing by different rules than everyone else.
LeBlanc and Alexander had restraining orders filed against them earlier this year due to harassment and burglary, while Gardner was accused of sexual harassment and assault.

LeBlanc was the only player of the three that did not play.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Wichita State is going to be tough. Hopefully Isaac Likekele is healthy by then.
Several people after the game were saying he has Mono. If that’s true that’s usually a minimum 6 weeks to recover and can last up to 6 months. I’m hoping that was misinformation because that would suck!
Crap, mono would be bad, long term absence.

Aug 16, 2012
Did not see the game but reading the comments about effort, is there any chance more of the guys are under the weather, just not as bad as Likele? Especially among groups that spend so much time in close proximity to each other, all the physical contact, etc, it is rare that just one guy gets something like the flu and everyone else pick up nothing.

I blame the trip. I have been sick starting 2-3 days after every plane trip I have taken in the past few years. Anymore, planes are nothing but giant aluminum incubators hurtling through the sky at 32,000 feet

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hate to say it, but tonight’s game reminded me of the Travis Ford days. No organization on offense. Poor shot selection. Lethargic defense. No fire.

I’m not worried though. We really missed Ice. Maybe a “hangover” from NYC. Boynton will get them back on track. Like others said, maybe a learning opportunity early in the season.
It's possible that Ice might be out, but others might be getting sick, or coming off of being sick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Thought they were missing 4. One guy was both entering the portal and implicated in the burglary/assault stuff.

I may have read it wrong. 2 entered portal, three were accused. Maybe one of the 2 in the portal was also accused?
I thought I read on Twitter the accused players played tonight.

The accused were supposedly suspended from the team, I read the other day.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Thought they were missing 4. One guy was both entering the portal and implicated in the burglary/assault stuff.

I may have read it wrong. 2 entered portal, three were accused. Maybe one of the 2 in the portal was also accused?
Yes, one was both accused and entering the portal.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wichita State is going to be tough. Hopefully Isaac Likekele is healthy by then.
Several people after the game were saying he has Mono. If that’s true that’s usually a minimum 6 weeks to recover and can last up to 6 months. I’m hoping that was misinformation because that would suck!
Crap, mono would be bad, long term absence.

Why would they say "day to day" then?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Very stagnant offensively. 4 guys standing around watching Waters dribble.

The center for Georgetown was a load. The little guard was a really good player. They always made the extra pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Even good teams have off nights at home (see #1 Duke vs Stephen F Austin). But it was very apparent how much OSU missed Isaac last night. I realize they were without their PG too, but the difference is that his back up was a senior, ours is a freshman. Lindy did a great job filling in, but that is not his strong suit. Hopefully Ice will be back soon.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Looked like a different team last night when compared to the focus and discipline from NY. We were cold early, and just couldn't heat up enough on the offensive end enough to stay with them. And they seemingly scored every time down the floor. IMO, that's why we need to focus on defense.

Looking at the box score, the two teams were pretty even except we took 10 more 3-pt shots than they did.

Personally, I'm hoping it was a post-NY lull coupled with Likekele's absence that caused a lack of energy and disorganization. But whatever it was - coach and players need to figure out how to handle it.

I still feel like we have the talent to compete, but we were just very un-focused last night. Georgetown definitely looked like the better-coached team. They moved the ball, and worked for open shots. We, as others have mentioned, kinda dribbled around and chunked up 3-balls. That possession in the second half where we went 0-3 on 3-pt shots in about 5 seconds was just horrific.

I know Yor was in foul trouble, but we needed to be working the ball to him on offense more. Their 7 footer dominated this game in the paint. But how about Cam? 4-5 from 3-pt land. Turn him loose!

Here's a bad stat: Our bench went 1-16 on the night from the field and 0-2 from the FT line on the night. Ouch.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Looked like a different team last night when compared to the focus and discipline from NY. We were cold early, and just couldn't heat up enough on the offensive end enough to stay with them. And they seemingly scored every time down the floor. IMO, that's why we need to focus on defense.

Looking at the box score, the two teams were pretty even except we took 10 more 3-pt shots than they did.

Personally, I'm hoping it was a post-NY lull coupled with Likekele's absence that caused a lack of energy and disorganization. But whatever it was - coach and players need to figure out how to handle it.

I still feel like we have the talent to compete, but we were just very un-focused last night. Georgetown definitely looked like the better-coached team. They moved the ball, and worked for open shots. We, as others have mentioned, kinda dribbled around and chunked up 3-balls. That possession in the second half where we went 0-3 on 3-pt shots in about 5 seconds was just horrific.

I know Yor was in foul trouble, but we needed to be working the ball to him on offense more. Their 7 footer dominated this game in the paint. But how about Cam? 4-5 from 3-pt land. Turn him loose!

Here's a bad stat: Our bench went 1-16 on the night from the field and 0-2 from the FT line on the night. Ouch.
Speaking of Yor foul trouble, that 44 center of theirs should have been in trouble in the 1st half. That guy was all over ours.

Side note. Don't remember when, but bad call against us, whole arena knows it. Georgetown guy behind me says "so what, you should try playing Duke with the way they get calls". Justifying bad calls by a ref because they get calls like that when playing Duke...