Passengers (spoilers)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Saw this movie yesterday and I feel a little bit misled by the trailers for it. There was a line in one of the trailers where Pratt's character says something like "there a reason they woke us up early", except that line is not in the movie and there is no 'they' at all. I was expecting some kind of conspiracy or mystery but It's basically a romance with a short action sequence at the end. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie. Pratt and Lawrence do a good job and have pretty good chemistry and from a sci-fi fan perspective, the ship is really cool, but I was expecting something completely different.

InTheKnow

Usually Last to Know
A/V Subscriber
Apr 1, 2007
Oklahoma
Saw this movie yesterday and I feel a little bit misled by the trailers for it. There was a line in one of the trailers where Pratt's character says something like "there a reason they woke us up early", except that line is not in the movie and there is no 'they' at all. I was expecting some kind of conspiracy or mystery but It's basically a romance with a short action sequence at the end. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie. Pratt and Lawrence do a good job and have pretty good chemistry and from a sci-fi fan perspective, the ship is really cool, but I was expecting something completely different.
I'm seeing a trend with this. If it's in the trailer, i want to see it in the movie. I saw several lines for Rougue One in trailers that didn't show up in the movie - or they showed up in a different context. They made me feel a bit misled by the trailers.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm seeing a trend with this. If it's in the trailer, i want to see it in the movie. I saw several lines for Rougue One in trailers that didn't show up in the movie - or they showed up in a different context. They made me feel a bit misled by the trailers.
I don't know about Passengers, but I know parts of Rogue One had to be shot over and others scrapped because Disney said the film was too dark.

InTheKnow

Usually Last to Know
A/V Subscriber
Apr 1, 2007
Oklahoma
I don't know about Passengers, but I know parts of Rogue One had to be shot over and others scrapped because Disney said the film was too dark.
Good point. With the early release of trailers I suppose some of that can't be avoided.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Yeah I've done some searching and it looks like they reshot several scenes for Passengers as well after bad test screenings. Can't imagine what test audience wouldn't like a good conspiracy twist thrown into this movie, unless it was a really really bad one. It's interesting to note that Andy Garcia is 5th billed in this movie but only has about 10 seconds of screen time and no lines. I suspect that whatever was cut from the movie had to do mostly with his character.

InTheKnow

Usually Last to Know
A/V Subscriber
Apr 1, 2007
Oklahoma
Well, that sucks. From watching the trailers I assumed a similar type of movie as you, with the love story as a bit of a sub plot.