1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pasta Salad recipe

Discussion in 'Tailgating, Cooking, Intoxicology' started by okstate5968, Jul 27, 2009.

1. okstate5968

Staff A/V Subscriber okstate5968 Orange Power Goddess

Figured since we have the broad title of "cooking", I can throw in a great pasta salad recipe!!

1 bag rotini pasta (or bow tie, or whatever pasta shape you like)
    2 zucchini's chopped in bite size pieces
    1 bunch green onions, chopped
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    (you can use any veggies you like...these are just my faves. Cucumbers are also good instead of zucchini)

Dressing:

1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1 cup sugar
    Fresh garlic, parsley, and/or cilantro to taste
    Salt and pepper to taste
    (it's also good w/ garlic salt and italian seasoning...whatever you prefer!)

Put noodles on to boil, but don't over cook them. You want them firm, but not crunchy in the middle. (They will absorb some of the dressing)

While noodles cook, stir together vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. This takes a few minutes. Add chopped veggies and set aside.

Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Stir in dressing and veggies. Refrigerate over night.

This makes ALOT of pasta salad!! It is so easy and versatile. Just toss in whatever you like! The main part is the vinegar and sugar dressing and noodles...everything else is whatever you like best. This combo is my boys' favorite.
  2. dds115

A/V Subscriber dds115 Laughable

My mom makes a similar one. She puts some cheddar cheese cut into cubs, and cooks up some salami and throws it in there too.
    A little red wine vinegar also adds a nice tang.
  3. OP 9000

Staff A/V Subscriber OP 9000 Administrator

I'm a huge fan of pasta salad. Especially with grilled chicken. Will definitely give this a try. Thanks Becky!
  4. AnniePokely

AnniePokely Cowboy

I wish I knew who brought the pasta salad to my mom's birthday party. Man, that was the best tasting stuff I have ever had.

I'll definitely try this one. I LOVE pasta salad.