PFB blog

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
They are the ones fanning the flames today. I barely heard of OAN before today and personally I think it's good that kids now have a voice that previous generations didn't have. I hope both the players and coaches learn from events today and use their combined platforms to make the world a better place.

That being said, there are good platforms and bad platforms. A bad one is PFB. The Kyles are opportunists who use our fandom for personal profit. If anyone subscribes to their service, I say drop them. They clearly have an anti Gundy agenda and have used recent events to promote that.

Again, I sincerely hope today was a learning experience for players and coaches that they all use to grow and promote a better world, but I hope another learning experience for our fanbase is that trash site doesn't deserve another penny from us.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
They are the ones fanning the flames today. I barely heard of OAN before today and personally I think it's good that kids now have a voice that previous generations didn't have. I hope both the players and coaches learn from events today and use their combined platforms to make the world a better place.

That being said, there are good platforms and bad platforms. A bad one is PFB. The Kyles are opportunists who use our fandom for personal profit. If anyone subscribes to their service, I say drop them. They clearly have an anti Gundy agenda and have used recent events to promote that.

Again, I sincerely hope today was a learning experience for players and coaches that they all use to grow and promote a better world, but I hope another learning experience for our fanbase is that trash site doesn't deserve another penny from us.
Well said.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The only positive I see is it sparked the needed conversation between players and coach.

I do think Seth Duckworth does a great job covering wrestling for them. His articles will be my only site traffic
Agree. The Kyles agenda is garbage, but him and Adam Lunt (both post in the AV FWIW) provide excellent content. They aren't part of this.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Yup, I got fed up with their crap a long time ago. Here or Cowboys Ride for Free is the way to go.

But it doesn't help that this site links PFB as "new feed" article about OSU . ..

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Some do. i want to subscribe just so I can cancel my subscription . .

Funny that a few weeks ago, one of the Kyles did a post where he actually reflected that maybe he should just stick to sports. He referred to a tweet from Spencer that said "you talk too much". . and he agreed. Guess he didn't heed his own advice.

Mar 11, 2006
I need to heed that advice @cowboyinexile. You are right they are garbage, but I have been clicking on their links and reading their articles. No more for me. I don’t need or want orange colored glasses reporting, but I certainly don’t want the Kyle’s negative reporting. Their tweet today was only designed to gather clicks, divide, and inflame.
Don’t need that for Poke fans.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I need to heed that advice @cowboyinexile. You are right they are garbage, but I have been clicking on their links and reading their articles. No more for me. I don’t need or want orange colored glasses reporting, but I certainly don’t want the Kyle’s negative reporting. Their tweet today was only designed to gather clicks, divide, and inflame.
Don’t need that for Poke fans.
Yep. The Kyles care more about green than Orange. It's their driver. There is content here, CRFF, Tape Doesn't Lie podcast, or RA that is way better than their drivel.

We as fans need to boycott their garbage.

Nov 2, 2010
The Kyles hate Gundy. The site tries to do everything they can to encourage his removal as head coach. They rarely talk about our football program in a positive light, ultimately hurting us in recruiting and national image. Both seriously feel like closet sooner fans. Most articles seem like a joke now, because of how negative they paint our program. It’s sad because it was a decent site at one time and they do get most news out fast but their goal is no longer to help oSu, they only care about helping themselves.

Apr 7, 2006
I know some here will look at this thread as supporting Gundy, but if you put that aside for a minute..

PFB has been doing this type of thing mostly with Gundy for 2 years. Generate controversy, fan flames and watch the clicks come in and then double down for days afterward on how right they were. I won't waste the time to rattle off the numerous instances. It's become a thing.

Regardless of your opinion on today's events, this is yet another example of them showing their true colors.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I know some here will look at this thread as supporting Gundy, but if you put that aside for a minute..

PFB has been doing this type of thing mostly with Gundy for 2 years. Generate controversy, fan flames and watch the clicks come in and then double down for days afterward on how righr they were. I won't waste the time to rattle off the numerous instances.

Regardless of your opinion on today's events, this is yet another example of them showing their true colors.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I have been saying that PFB was a horrible hack blog for years! Have never respected the Kyle's. Their blog needs to be disbanded or canceled and they need to go look for a new line of work. They are hurting future recruits to OSU! I am not a huge fan of Gundy anymore but I wouldn't blatantly try everything I could on my blog to get him fired. I think this apology was forced on both sides. Burns and Mike told Gundy to do this to keep his job and then the powers that be made Chuba relent and apologize. If you watch the video, its obvious it was forced to smooth over the complete turmoil that got out of control very quickly yesterday. I think OSU needs a guy with no ties to the university to come in and completely change the culture and instill his values, systems, etc. Gundy's time should be up! Tired of the circus show every year. Either that or just shut up and coach! We don't need to hear his opinions on anything but coaching football. End rant!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have been saying that PFB was a horrible hack blog for years! Have never respected the Kyle's. Their blog needs to be disbanded or canceled and they need to go look for a new line of work. They are hurting future recruits to OSU! I am not a huge fan of Gundy anymore but I wouldn't blatantly try everything I could on my blog to get him fired. I think this apology was forced on both sides. Burns and Mike told Gundy to do this to keep his job and then the powers that be made Chuba relent and apologize. If you watch the video, its obvious it was forced to smooth over the complete turmoil that got out of control very quickly yesterday. I think OSU needs a guy with no ties to the university to come in and completely change the culture and instill his values, systems, etc. Gundy's time should be up! Tired of the circus show every year. Either that or just shut up and coach! We don't need to hear his opinions on anything but coaching football. End rant!
Smokin' hot take!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

PFB has been doing this type of thing mostly with Gundy for 2 years. Generate controversy, fan flames and watch the clicks come in and then double down for days afterward on how right they were. I won't waste the time to rattle off the numerous instances. It's become a thing.

Yes, whether it's Gundy personally, his recruiting, or his coach hiring, they have seemed to have nothing nice to say these past few years. They always seem happy when they are able to write bad things about him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk