PFB blog

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Kyle gonna "Kyle"...

Didn't think I'd ever come across someone that I have more disdain for than blowhard Jim Traber. I'll treat Kyle and PFB like I have Jim Traber for decades.

Completely ignore. Neither have anything of value to add to any conversation or viewpoint to me.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I know some here will look at this thread as supporting Gundy, but if you put that aside for a minute..

PFB has been doing this type of thing mostly with Gundy for 2 years. Generate controversy, fan flames and watch the clicks come in and then double down for days afterward on how right they were. I won't waste the time to rattle off the numerous instances. It's become a thing.

Regardless of your opinion on today's events, this is yet another example of them showing their true colors.
Yes, whether it's Gundy personally, his recruiting, or his coach hiring, they have seemed to have nothing nice to say these past few years. They always seem happy when they are able to write bad things about him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Sounds like about half the fans on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 18, 2009
Kyle gonna "Kyle"...

Didn't think I'd ever come across someone that I have more disdain for than blowhard Jim Traber. I'll treat Kyle and PFB like I have Jim Traber for decades.

Completely ignore. Neither have anything of value to add to any conversation or viewpoint to me.
His article last week about being the "epitome of white privilege" did it for me.

Nov 18, 2010
His article last week about being the "epitome of white privilege" did it for me.
They're probably trying to get hired at ESPN. I think that's the goal of many "sports writers" and sports radio people. They look at ESPN political and social goals and they reinforce whatever is being said there, trying to curry favor and get picked to join the team.

"I'll turn on my own, if you'll let me join the club!"

Same thing you see with ex-OSU players and coaches making fun of OSU at their cushy OU radio gigs.

Those radio stations also happen to be ESPN-Disney affiliates, by the way, so I expect they'll promote this for weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2010
I agree with the others. You've got guys writing negative OSU football stories for personal gain...in a year when OSU could actually win the big 12. Why give them a platform on an OSU message board?

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
I have been saying that PFB was a horrible hack blog for years! Have never respected the Kyle's. Their blog needs to be disbanded or canceled and they need to go look for a new line of work. They are hurting future recruits to OSU! I am not a huge fan of Gundy anymore but I wouldn't blatantly try everything I could on my blog to get him fired. I think this apology was forced on both sides. Burns and Mike told Gundy to do this to keep his job and then the powers that be made Chuba relent and apologize. If you watch the video, its obvious it was forced to smooth over the complete turmoil that got out of control very quickly yesterday. I think OSU needs a guy with no ties to the university to come in and completely change the culture and instill his values, systems, etc. Gundy's time should be up! Tired of the circus show every year. Either that or just shut up and coach! We don't need to hear his opinions on anything but coaching football. End rant!
It's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but I disagree on several points. The Kyles are quite a bit more liberal politically than I think most OSU alums are, and that shines through from time to time. I disagree with most of their political positions as I have read them, but I appreciate a lot of their analysis and news on OSU football. However, they have said n numerous occasions that Gundy is the best football coach in the history of OSU - and I agree with that. They just disagree with Gundy politically and with some of his antics not directly associated with football. They can think that if they want, and I'll still read the analysis.

In this case, what did Gundy do? He was on a private family fishing trip and wore a shirt with a conservative news station logo on it. I have a big time problem with people taking such great exception to that. Chuba over-reacted and did so in the wrong format. I do not believe it should be "social unacceptable" for Gundy to watch a conservative news channel, or wear a shirt with their logo on a personal fishing trip. In spite of what mass media often presents, listening to a politically conservative news outlet does not automatically make anyone a racist, a xenophobe, or a homophobe and it certainly doesn't disqualify a person from being a football coach.

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I do not believe it should be "social unacceptable" for Gundy to watch a conservative news channel, or wear a shirt with their logo on a personal fishing trip. In spite of what mass media often presents, listening to a politically conservative news outlet does not automatically make anyone a racist, a xenophobe, and it certainly doesn't disqualify a person from being a football coach.
Although I agree with you in principle, it's easier to change Gundy than it is to change society. This is the world we live in and Gundy needs to recognize that. It still comes down to competing with OU, UT, and the rest for that 3 - 4 star recruit who will not care about respect for Gundy's right to his personal political choices.

I think Gundy has finally pushed the "any attention is good attention" idea off the table.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but I disagree on several points. The Kyles are quite a bit more liberal politically than I think most OSU alums are, and that shines through from time to time.
This is interesting. Someone on the Chuba thread accused olderschool of being Kyle because he had a post that mirrored one of his tweets. Last night, after exile started this thread, olderschool posted the famous picture of Johnny Cash flipping the bird on this thread. Which a mod deleted. Seems he took great offense to this thread for some reason. Now you're talking about Kyle's liberal politics. Did someone's sock account get exposed? Is olderschool just a fictional old miserable curmudgeon played by Kyle?

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Just to clarify; I agree that some of Gundy's antics have gone a bit far, but I consider it a minor issue. A few times I've wondered if some of what he has done just to generate pub for the program. Bottom line he's still a very good coach and he is who he is. As for politics, studies show a great majority of NCAA coaches are politically conservative:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...explains-why-football-coaches-vote-republican

So if you think conservative politics is the issue, even a new guy would likely not change the program values and systems that much.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
They are the ones fanning the flames today. I barely heard of OAN before today and personally I think it's good that kids now have a voice that previous generations didn't have. I hope both the players and coaches learn from events today and use their combined platforms to make the world a better place.

That being said, there are good platforms and bad platforms. A bad one is PFB. The Kyles are opportunists who use our fandom for personal profit. If anyone subscribes to their service, I say drop them. They clearly have an anti Gundy agenda and have used recent events to promote that.

Again, I sincerely hope today was a learning experience for players and coaches that they all use to grow and promote a better world, but I hope another learning experience for our fanbase is that trash site doesn't deserve another penny from us.
Nice job

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This is interesting. Someone on the Chuba thread accused olderschool of being Kyle because he had a post that mirrored one of his tweets. Last night, after exile started this thread, olderschool posted the famous picture of Johnny Cash flipping the bird on this thread. Which a mod deleted. Seems he took great offense to this thread for some reason. Now you're talking about Kyle's liberal politics. Did someone's sock account get exposed? Is olderschool just a fictional old miserable curmudgeon played by Kyle?

Nice job here too

Aug 7, 2006

Nah, olderschool is real... he's been around for a while. He used to just call people he disagreed with a floater back in the day.