Pinkwashing and Virtue Signaling of Corporate America

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I notice this year more than ever, all the major corporations from SAP to Infosys to Kroger are superimposing their corporate logos on to a rainbow flag to show how much they care about LGBTQLMNOP Pride month. Anyone else think that this is much ado over a lifestyle which merely entails misplacing and misuse of their human naughty bits? Why no increased awareness of Hetero Pride?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I notice this year more than ever, all the major corporations from SAP to Infosys to Kroger are superimposing their corporate logos on to a rainbow flag to show how much they care about LGBTQLMNOP Pride month. Anyone else think that this is much ado over a lifestyle which merely entails misplacing and misuse of their human naughty bits? Why no increased awareness of Hetero Pride?
Do I think it's a bit ridiculous? Yeah. Do I really care though? No. I'm sure most of them are just trying to boost their profits and find it as an opportunity to show the public "Look at us! We're a good company!" The only impact this has had on my life is that I was planning on taking my wife to one of the Zoo Date Nights they have this month for our anniversary except the one ON our actual anniversary is Pride Night so we'll be waiting for the next one. lol. I don't have anything against them, I just don't want to deal with all that when I'm just trying to enjoy a night with my wife on our anniversary. If it were just a random date night I wouldn't care. We'll just have a nice dinner somewhere that night instead.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Do I think it's a bit ridiculous? Yeah. Do I really care though? No. I'm sure most of them are just trying to boost their profits and find it as an opportunity to show the public "Look at us! We're a good company!" The only impact this has had on my life is that I was planning on taking my wife to one of the Zoo Date Nights they have this month for our anniversary except the one ON our actual anniversary is Pride Night so we'll be waiting for the next one. lol. I don't have anything against them, I just don't want to deal with all that when I'm just trying to enjoy a night with my wife on our anniversary. If it were just a random date night I wouldn't care. We'll just have a nice dinner somewhere that night instead.
Mere acceptance and/or indifference by the mainstream doesn't seem to be good enough. Now we must all signal how much we care about and celebrate gay awareness.

As was stated in a brilliant old Seinfeld episode: "You MUST wear the ribbon!"

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Mere acceptance and/or indifference by the mainstream doesn't seem to be good enough. Now we must all signal how much we care about and celebrate gay awareness.

Seinfeld wouldn't fly today. Would be banned from the airwaves, and I'm surprised the syndicated reruns are still allowed to be broadcast. That will probably be next. It's coming. Wait for it.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

Who gives a damn about the mainstream? You do you. Don't want to support pride month? Then don't. Just live your life. This month is June for me, no different than any other June of the last 32 yrs I've been on this earth..

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Who gives a damn about the mainstream? You do you. Don't want to support pride month? Then don't. Just live your life. This month is June for me, no different than any other June of the last 32 yrs I've been on this earth..
I guess you don't work at a place where if you don't "wear the ribbon" you come under scrutiny as a homophobe.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I guess you don't work at a place where if you don't "wear the ribbon" you come under scrutiny as a homophobe.
No, I don't. I'm guessing you do and it sounds like a company that I wouldn't care to work at. The company I work at is concerned with business, not social trends.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's just like the breast cancer awareness pink packages or ribbons. They just want more people to buy their stuff. Like barely anything of the pink package stuff goes to the cancer foundation and most of that is recycled back into marketing and salaries. I can't remember the name of the foundation but it's been rated one of the worst charities for making use of donated money.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It's just like the breast cancer awareness pink packages or ribbons. They just want more people to buy their stuff. Like barely anything of the pink package stuff goes to the cancer foundation and most of that is recycled back into marketing and salaries. I can't remember the name of the foundation but it's been rated one of the worst charities for making use of donated money.

The Susan G. Komen foundation.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

They don't raise money for research, and I don't believe they claim to, they do raise money for "Breast Cancer Awareness".

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I would not care if they weren't forcing it into our schools and churches.... IMHO, it's a line they should not have crossed, and as sad as it may be, anybody that publicly supports this nonsense is on my avoid list...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

They don't raise money for research, and I don't believe they claim to, they do raise money for "Breast Cancer Awareness".
Oh they help fund research too apparently. I can find on their site the way the research money is split up percentage wise, but nothing to say the percentage of donations that go to research.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I would not care if they weren't forcing it into our schools and churches.... IMHO, it's a line they should not have crossed, and as sad as it may be, anybody that publicly supports this nonsense is on my avoid list...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8I-WjhIFE

This was a PTA president. Nobody was warned. It was just listed as special surprise in the program.