Places to stay in Boston?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I'm heading to Boston the weekend of our Oregon State game (August 28-Sept.2) to move in my oldest daughter to her college. JetBlue airfare was pretty cheap ($275) round-trip from DFW to Boston. But then I look at rooms? The cheapest I could find it $200 a night.

Anyone have any suggestions in the area that doesn't cost $1000 for a few nights? I looked at AirBnB and it's not much better.

Aug 16, 2012
I'm heading to Boston the weekend of our Oregon State game (August 28-Sept.2) to move in my oldest daughter to her college. JetBlue airfare was pretty cheap ($275) round-trip from DFW to Boston. But then I look at rooms? The cheapest I could find it $200 a night.

Anyone have any suggestions in the area that doesn't cost $1000 for a few nights? I looked at AirBnB and it's not much better.
Been to Boston once, about two years ago. Business was not actually in Boston, we just had an early flight out of Logan. We stayed south of the metro area and drove in it was so expensive to stay in Boston proper.

Sep 25, 2006
BA
Was there last month, we stayed at the DoubleTree Downtown. It was a nice enough hotel, no complaints, and it's right next to a subway stop so it made getting around easy.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
If it's BU, Northeastern, or Berklee just bite the cost bullet and stay in the Fens or Back Bay. You'll hate yourself if you try to park in that area every day and you'll end up majorly inconvenienced if you stay out in Quincy or something like that and try to ride the train in.

$200/night is pretty reasonable for this time of year in Boston.