1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Post Your 2012 OSU Football Predictions

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by coolreed, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

10-3 w/bowl win. I think there will be a slip up game somewhere in there and by the time Bedlam comes around, Lunt will be accustomed and a win there is possible.
  2. osupride

osupride Wrangler

GO POKES!!! 13-0!!
    cowboyethics344 likes this.
  3. jparsons87

jparsons87 Wrangler

Didn't our defense destroy every high scoring spread offense we played last year? I don't see us losing to WVU at all..
  4. Hefley001

Hefley001 Cowboy

9-4 with bowl win. This could change +/- 1 after seeing our offense against Texas.
    StillwaterMan likes this.
  5. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Cowboy

This is pretty much what I'm thinking.

I'm glad Lunt's first "test" game is vs. Arizona. It's on the road, but it's definitely winnable.
  6. Hefley001

Hefley001 Cowboy

West Virginia is a weird one. Everyone talks about thier explosive offense and how they are one of the favorites to win the Big12 this year. What no one is talking about is their defense. That defense of theirs finished the season ranked #33 in total defense (I know, I know, total defense isn't a good indicator of how the defense performs. Our case is different as we faced the top offenses in the country, but WVU however didn't).

That being said, they were ranked #33 and that was against the following offenses:

Clemson - 26
    S. Fl - 30
    Cincy - 61
    Bowling Green - 62
    Maryland - 67
    LSU - 86
    Pitt - 88
    Cuse - 90
    Rutgers - 100
    Marshall - 102
    Louisville - 103
    UConn - 108
    Norfolk St - (#2 in FCS)

Those are putrid offenses to only have the #33 ranked defense. I have a feeling they will be at the bottom of the Big12 in defense and will have to rely HEAVILY on their offense to win games (read between the lines: No 3 and outs).
  7. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

^^ Similar to Bama's stats on the offenses they faced. Of course, no one cared about that.
    orangepower317 and PokealypseNow like this.
  8. newpoke

newpoke Deputy

We know WVU's offense will be good, but their defense will not be anywhere close to ours. The fact that Defo is now their defensive coord. is even more encouraging. He was an average special teams coord., at best, I can't see him turning their defense around in short order, if at all.
  9. osucowboy79

osucowboy79 Cowboy

Obviously it is way too early to tell. The first four games will decide the season. Depending on how the team plays with the new QB we could be 2-2, 3-1 or 4-0.

If we are 2-2 with losses to AZ and Texas then it will be a long year (7-5 ish).

However, if we beat AZ on the road and Texas at home, then the new QB and the team will have confidence and a buy week to make a run and win the Big 12 again.
  10. Orangerules

Orangerules Cowboy

11. newpoke

newpoke Deputy

12. StillwaterMan

A/V Subscriber StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises

This is how I feel.
  13. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Cowboy

I don't really agree with this. He was handcuffed by Gundy a lot in his personnel he was allowed to put on special teams.
  14. osu_dna

osu_dna Cowboy

I know one thing for sure the Texas game will go a long way in determining our overall win loss record.
    Hefley001 likes this.
  15. orangepower317

orangepower317 Deputy

9 - 3 in the regular season. I don't see us losing to Texas, but we could, they do have talent. I think KSU and OU will be our toughest tests, both teams will be good with plenty of experience at the QB position. I'm also not sure about the WV game, it may very well be a toss up.

I refuse to drink the orange koolaid on Lunt or Walsh until I see one of them play well on the road against Arizona. That game will give us all a much better feel for just how good our QB play will be this season. I'm very confident in our D though. Plus, our running game should be extremely solid. I love the way Randle and Smith run, and the way they compliment each other. I think if our O-line turns out to be as good or better than last year's, then this team could be a 10 - 2 team at the end of the regular season. But, a screw up against TCU, Texas, or Arizona and we could be looking at only a 7 or 8 win season.

I won't predict on a bowl game because so much of that just depends on the opponent. If we square up against LSU or Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, that would be tough, but winnable. But, if we were to end up shipped to the Insight Bowl like OU last year, then you can pencil in an extra W for us. I'm so ready to get this thing started.
  16. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

Only loss will be to Texas. I believe they'll get some momentum later in the season and light up the competition. As well, I don't think OU is going to be very good or I would have 2 loses. I predict a flop of a season coming for them. WVU and TCU are going to be doing well to hold on to their rears being in a real conference for the first time and I think we have the defense necessary to shut down K-State's run game and without the run game, they aren't a very solid team.

Go Pokes!!
  17. OStateMan

Banned OStateMan Banned

09/01/12 vs. Savannah State Stillwater, OK W
    09/08/12 at Arizona Tucson, AZ W
    09/15/12 vs. Louisiana-Lafayette Stillwater, OK W
    09/29/12 vs. Texas Stillwater, OK W
    10/13/12 at Kansas Lawrence, KS W
    10/20/12 vs. Iowa State Stillwater, OK W
    10/27/12 vs. TCU Stillwater, OK W
    11/03/12 at Kansas State Manhattan, KS W
    11/10/12 vs. West Virginia Stillwater, OK W
    11/17/12 vs. Texas Tech Stillwater, OK W
    11/24/12 at Oklahoma Norman, OK L
    12/01/12 at Baylor Waco, TX W

I honestly think that we'll show the world that we have a legit program that can reload. So much depends on our QB play.

Coach Monken has the offense dialed in as to what he can do with what he has. So far, no one has been able to contain this offense and with careful tutilage of Lunt, Walsh and/or Chelf, we may be a little rusty early, but with 3 very winable games to start should give the QB (whomever has won the job by then) the confidence going into conference play.

Our Defense will be key in many of our wins this year, but I believe that Bill Young can be more aggressive with the players he has.
    It seems to me that in the later games last year, BYoung was much more aggressive in his playcalling and the results were impressive.

We are not afriad of anyone anymore, but having to play ou in Norman is always tough. Stoops has a nearly unblemished record there and with last year's complete annihilation in Bedlam, Bobby is PO'd and wanting to circle this a his statement game.

Texas always has been "loaded" with talent, but hasn't produced of late. With new defensive coordinator, they will bring the swagger back, but will it be enough in Stilly?
    I don't think so.
    We may have a question mark as to how Lunt will play, but we've seen what Ash and McCoy can do and it's not that impressive.

West Virginia and TCU coming into a fired up BPS will be tough, but we prevail by the skin of our teeth.

Playing at KSU with a healthy Klein will be tough, but I believe Coach Young will have a plan with results similar to what we did against RG3 in the past. With Klein on his heels, we win.

I can't wait to see Lunt run this offense with his skills. Can't wait to see our maligned defense rise to dominance.

Go Pokes!!
  18. OSU79

A/V Subscriber OSU79 Wrangler

They do seem to be polite young men. ;)
  19. orangepower317

orangepower317 Deputy

My bad, *complement*
  20. OSU79

A/V Subscriber OSU79 Wrangler

I make typos or other mistakes (even their/there) all the time, but I never pass up a cheap joke.