Presidential meltdown coming?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Should we be on the lookout for a Presidential meltdown? When you consider the fragile mental condition of our President, do the current and upcoming conditions signal a meltdown in the making? Consider this:
1. Despite his denial, he suffered a significant defeat at the polls in the mid-term elections. He lost the House and faces huge defeats in the 2020 congressional elections, given the makeup of the election map. Look it up.
2. Having lost the House this year, he is facing an onslaught of indictments, regardless of how much validity one places on those attacks.
3. His White House is in crisis. His wife just got a member of his inner circle fired and others are rumored to follow .
4. Next (and possibly most important) the election season is over, removing the opportunity to conduct his ego-stroking rallies, which are obviously a requirement to preserve his fragile self-image.
5. And finally...was the no-show in France to the single most important event he went to attend a pre-cursor for what we should expect from him in the future ?

It's going to me an interesting 2 years, to say the least.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
If and when Mueller indicts family members, meltdown will not even come close to describing what will happen. I'll admit that what he might do scares me. Marshal law, emergency broadcast system taken over, loyalty pledges, etc. I shutter to think.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
If and when Mueller indicts family members, meltdown will not even come close to describing what will happen. I'll admit that what he might do scares me. Marshal law, emergency broadcast system taken over, loyalty pledges, etc. I shutter to think.
First off I appreciate the different opinion you bring around here usually compared to the group think that can sometimes occur, however with that said you have been going a little off the deep end lately.

I am hoping you are just stirring the pot because I don't believe that you believe an of those things you mentioned. Now I have no doubt that Trump would probably like to do some of them, but no way he actually does any of them.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
First off I appreciate the different opinion you bring around here usually compared to the group think that can sometimes occur, however with that said you have been going a little off the deep end lately.

I am hoping you are just stirring the pot because I don't believe that you believe an of those things you mentioned. Now I have no doubt that Trump would probably like to do some of them, but no way he actually does any of them.
I appreciate your contention, but I have no such faith. What Trump might be allowed to do before January keeps me up at night. The country has never seen anything like even this. Wait till Daddy Bear is revealed.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Carter and Obama were the worst presidents and it's not even close.
You are so all out WRONG on that I can only take pity out on you as a human being. While Obama was president, maybe you didn't own stocks as the stock markets steadily went up, while the unemployment rate went down. Unlike Bush, not very many two term presidents had any recessions. Maybe you didn't notice that Obama saved GM and Chrysler. Maybe you thought the capture and killing of bin Laden was a hoax. And then Obamacare. If Obamacare is so bad and wrong, then why the hell hasn't Trump abolished it and replaced it with something even better like he said he would do?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Actually the Democrat meltdown appears to be on solid footing as it prepares to move into 2019 and beyond.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
:blink: I JUST NOW realized that was a woman... I'd never seen the "interview" at the end, only the screaming. I swear, I thought this whole time that was a dude...

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
You are so all out WRONG on that I can only take pity out on you as a human being. While Obama was president, maybe you didn't own stocks as the stock markets steadily went up, while the unemployment rate went down. Unlike Bush, not very many two term presidents had any recessions. Maybe you didn't notice that Obama saved GM and Chrysler. Maybe you thought the capture and killing of bin Laden was a hoax. And then Obamacare. If Obamacare is so bad and wrong, then why the hell hasn't Trump abolished it and replaced it with something even better like he said he would do?
Several things wrong with your statement

1) Stock markets rose yes but at historically slow rates. Trump in comparison is BOOMING (Though i'm sure you'll try to credit Obama for that)
2)Unemployement went down because the number of those looking for work fell dramatically. If you aren't looking for work then you aren't counted as unemployed in the numbers.
3)Obama saved GM and Chrysler? You mean he bailed them out with public money that he shouldn't have done, not a positive at ALL.
4)As Obama said himself he did not capture and kill Bin Laden, our armed forces did. We were lucky enough that he kept out of their way enough to allow them to find him. He then like you proceeded to 'spike the football' like he said he wouldn't do.
5)Obamacare is an abomination, it can't be removed as easily as any politician says because it would cost tons of money to do so, the figures escape me, but it basically was a cancer that will extract significant costs if you want to remove it. Obamacare also is only a tax according to the courts so how would i think that was such a great thing?

Obama declared he could only fix the economy if he had a magic wand and had the slowest recovery on record. Trump obviously found it since we have been booming ever since he took office. (Deregulation is what I believe helped but Obama and the Libs HATE deregulation and giving up power). Obama also didn't have to deal with a terror attack like 9/11 as did W and or the housing market crash which was instigated by Bill Clinton (https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/28/are-the-clintons-the-real-housing-crash-villains.html)

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
People have been predicting a Trump meltdown for 3.5 years. It’s not going to happen. Just because you are in constant meltdown mode over an election loss that is over 2 years old now doesn’t mean Trump is on the verge of being like you. He is wired very different from most people. Trump is your typical head of a conglomerate billionaire. He throws little tantrums to get the frustration of not getting his way out of his system and moves on to the next thing. Guys like him don’t let it build up and then completely lose it. It’s just not how they’re wired. They have thin skin but oddly can bounce back really quickly from disappointment. It’s part of being a narcissist.

The mid-terms were a very mild loss compared to what happens in modern history and keeping the senate is something he can hang his hat on. I honestly think in his mind he came out a winner and all that matters to guys like him is what he thinks. I realize the unhinged left badly wants Trump to mope around feel like a loser but he will never do that. He will always be convinced he won. And to those saying Trump will declare himself dictator and declare martial law, you are 1000x the whack job that you think Trump is. That’s like the far right whack jobs that said Obama was going to find a way to get a third term and beyond. Please join the rest of us in reality.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
People have been predicting a Trump meltdown for 3.5 years. It’s not going to happen. Just because you are in constant meltdown mode over an election loss that is over 2 years old now doesn’t mean Trump is on the verge of being like you. He is wired very different from most people. Trump is your typical head of a conglomerate billionaire. He throws little tantrums to get the frustration of not getting his way out of his system and moves on to the next thing. Guys like him don’t let it build up and then completely lose it. It’s just not how they’re wired. They have thin skin but oddly can bounce back really quickly from disappointment. It’s part of being a narcissist.

The mid-terms were a very mild loss compared to what happens in modern history and keeping the senate is something he can hang his hat on. I honestly think in his mind he came out a winner and all that matters to guys like him is what he thinks. I realize the unhinged left badly wants Trump to mope around feel like a loser but he will never do that. He will always be convinced he won. And to those saying Trump will declare himself dictator and declare martial law, you are 1000x the whack job that you think Trump is. That’s like the far right whack jobs that said Obama was going to find a way to get a third term and beyond. Please join the rest of us in reality.
OSU doesn't have medical school. Where did you receive your degree in psychology, and when did you interview and evaluate Trump?
Doctor?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Several things wrong with your statement

1) Stock markets rose yes but at historically slow rates. Trump in comparison is BOOMING (Though i'm sure you'll try to credit Obama for that)
2)Unemployement went down because the number of those looking for work fell dramatically. If you aren't looking for work then you aren't counted as unemployed in the numbers.
3)Obama saved GM and Chrysler? You mean he bailed them out with public money that he shouldn't have done, not a positive at ALL.
4)As Obama said himself he did not capture and kill Bin Laden, our armed forces did. We were lucky enough that he kept out of their way enough to allow them to find him. He then like you proceeded to 'spike the football' like he said he wouldn't do.
5)Obamacare is an abomination, it can't be removed as easily as any politician says because it would cost tons of money to do so, the figures escape me, but it basically was a cancer that will extract significant costs if you want to remove it. Obamacare also is only a tax according to the courts so how would i think that was such a great thing?

Obama declared he could only fix the economy if he had a magic wand and had the slowest recovery on record. Trump obviously found it since we have been booming ever since he took office. (Deregulation is what I believe helped but Obama and the Libs HATE deregulation and giving up power). Obama also didn't have to deal with a terror attack like 9/11 as did W and or the housing market crash which was instigated by Bill Clinton (https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/28/are-the-clintons-the-real-housing-crash-villains.html)
At best you make somewhat of a case as to why Obama wasn't one of the best presidents ever. Hardly anybody think Obama was one of the best presidents.

Better hope this latest weakness in the stock market is just another bump in the road on the way to another record high.

Last edited: