Rifle builds

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Thought it might be 'fun' if we start a thread for those that enjoy building rifles, or even handguns. Some place we can post photos & update progress. Might not get much interest, but what the heck. Even if you have a build finished, post'em.

I just finished my AR build. Now I'm starting on a .300 AAC Blackout....

CMMG 300 AAC with a 1:7 twist. Floating barrel. Has the A2 flash on the front, which I HATE for this thing so that will go quickly. It's threaded (AAC of course) and the advantage of these are how great of a weapon they are silenced. Suppressor is a must at some point.

Have a couple boxes of 115 grain ammo so far but I'm waiting on the scope I just ordered. I know EOTech makes a 300 BLK scope which is freaking awesome. It has sighting for sonic and subsonic rounds, but I just can't spend the $500 on it right now. So I have another sold red-dot with a 2x coming.

The lower off my AR will work for now, but going to look for it's how lower. Anyway, here is the start of her.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I have no money for builds, and therefore will not be able to supply content to this thread.

That said, I think this is a great idea. ;) I will live vicariously through everyone else's efforts. ;)

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I have no money for builds, and therefore will not be able to supply content to this thread.

That said, I think this is a great idea. ;) I will live vicariously through everyone else's efforts. ;)
lol, well... I don't have much either. That's why I'm doing it slowly and doing a lot of 'trades'. I managed to find a lot of good deals the past year+ and have a decent ammo stockpile, to which I've traded a ton of things for. Not too long ago, I traded two boxes of .223 for a 10/22 barrel and stock (worth about $65-100) in hopes that I might find a beat up 10/22 at some point cheap. The boxes only cost me $16.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
lol, well... I don't have much either. That's why I'm doing it slowly and doing a lot of 'trades'. I managed to find a lot of good deals the past year+ and have a decent ammo stockpile, to which I've traded a ton of things for. Not too long ago, I traded two boxes of .223 for a 10/22 barrel and stock (worth about $65-100) in hopes that I might find a beat up 10/22 at some point cheap. The boxes only cost me $16.
You got a good trade. You must know a lot of SUCKERS! ;)

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
Putting together a precision AR build at the moment. Only have the lower and a LaRue APEG grip at the moment. Still trying to figure out if I want to stick with 75/77gr in .223 or go with the 6.5 Grendel.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I still would rather go with the .300 AAC or the .308 if you are going with a 'different' ammo type, other than the good ole .223/5.56

My scope came in today! Amazon Prime is amazing :) 1 day shipping for this. Anyway, got a Vortex SPARC (red dot) with a 2x add-on. GREAT alternative to Aimpoint (not quite as good, but close) and 1/3 the price. Maybe someday I can afford a EOTech 300 BLK but for now, this Vortex is outstanding. I have Magpul XTM rail covers coming which will help with the sharp edges on the rail (already cut my hand).

300b.jpeg

300a.JPG

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I have the Vortex SPARC as well. I leave the 2x off on mine. I think Erick warned in another thread to be careful with the mounting hex bolts. The have a tendency to round off.

Otherwise, pretty good for the money.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
300c.JPG
Here is the (metal) MBUS Pro installed (Magpul made these things SOLID) and you can also see the KillFLASH (honeycomb cover) on the front of my SPARC scope in the 2nd pic. In the first photo you can also see my UTG "Extended Tactical Charging Handle" which is a MUST have for any AR platform. Makes it so much easier to charge the bolt.

300d.jpeg

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
Good stuff here, guys. I picked up a finished AR last weekend, one to use for hunting, having an 18" bbl. I'll get photos and details posted.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Sig, got any pics yet?

I get my lower in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! Today I received my black Magpul AFG2 (to replace the OD Green on that I have on there) and the Magpul ambidextrous sling point. So by tomorrow, should pretty much be complete. Just need the can for subsonic rounds.

Now I just need to start reloading for this rifle because getting .300 AAC BLKOUT is impossible in shops, unless a gun store orders Remington rounds... which SUCK. I ordered some 150gr from Ozark Ordinance and they were perfect. I also bought some Hornady 220gr rounds (subsonic) for the can, once that comes in. Finding even bullets for this thing is nearly impossible, it's sorta 'who ya know' or just getting lucky. Managed to find a guy who had 3 boxes of Hornady VMAX 110gr bullets, which are on backorder on every site on the internet. They are the preferred hunting round (the 100gr).

Anyway, hopefully I'll have pics up tomorrow night of my completed (minus the can) .300!!!

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
VERY excited to have received my lower in the mail today, went by my FFL in Durant and now it's 95% complete! (minus the suppressor).

I LOVE this lower (Palmetto State Armory, Magpul edition). The stock on this weapon is by far the best stock I have ever had on a weapon. Now I just need to get started on reloading!

My CMMG .300 AAC Blackout!

300finished.JPG

300finishedback.jpeg

300finishedfront.jpeg

Dec 28, 2006
Bixby, OK
No pics for a while, as I am still in Afghanistan, but I ordered some parts for my BCM middy. It will be complete now. Parts as follows:
BCM 'blem' complete lower
Mid 16 upper with VTAC Alpha 13" handguard
BCM Full Auto BCG
Magpul MBUIS
Aimpoint PRO
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 compensator
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE grip
VTAC LUSA sling attachment w/ MI Heavy Duty QD Swivel
VTAC Wide padded sling(upgraded, has rubber grip and metal hardware)

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
No pics for a while, as I am still in Afghanistan, but I ordered some parts for my BCM middy. It will be complete now. Parts as follows:
BCM 'blem' complete lower
Mid 16 upper with VTAC Alpha 13" handguard
BCM Full Auto BCG
Magpul MBUIS
Aimpoint PRO
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 compensator
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE grip
VTAC LUSA sling attachment w/ MI Heavy Duty QD Swivel
VTAC Wide padded sling(upgraded, has rubber grip and metal hardware)
THANK YOU TRAVIS FOR YOUR SEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe and God Bless! Looking forward to seeing pics when you get back brother...

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Looks like I'm going to trade my .300 I just built for my brother-in-laws Remington 700 .308. It's freaking bad arse... so I just can't pass the trade up. Worth double my Blackout. I love my .300, built it trading things I have (gun items) and put a lot of heart into it but, well here is his 700:

photo.JPG