1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SAP VP caught stealing legos

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Binman4OSU, May 23, 2012.

1. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

Vice President of SAP labs Integration and Certification Center in Silicon Valley Thomas Langenbach has been arrested and charged with 4 counts of felony second degree burglary.

He was creating his own barcodes for Lego toys...going into his local Target and putting his barcodes on them which gave him a large discount at the register. He would then purchase them at the discounted price and take them home and sale them on Ebay.

Police found hundreds of unopened Lego boxes in his home and his Ebay account showed he had sold 2,100 Lego items online and made about $30,000 doing so.

Police are still unsure of his motives, as it was a very complex and time intensive process to make the fake barcodes. As a VP he was making a very good living and lived in a very nice house

When Target employees learned of what was going on, they witnessed Langenbach go into the store, place several of his barcodes on the Lego's on the shelf, but only purchased one of the items he changed the labels on. They took him into custody in the parking lot and police found 3 more barcodes in his pocket and an additional 32 bar codes in his car

http://news.yahoo.com/software-exec...1139992--abc-news-savings-and-investment.html

2. Jonkr06

Jonkr06 Territorial Marshal

What the...

3. ksupoke

ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape A/V Subscriber

There can be only one explanation

4. zachya

zachya Hero of Spielburg A/V Subscriber

...I don't blame him...Lego sets are soooooo damned expensive now...

5. P4L

P4L Deputy

I know right? I want the Super Star Destroyer set, but it's like $400, and my wife says that too much to spend on legos. And I tell her, they're legos, it's worth every penny, but then she says if I get to buy a $400 lego set then she gets to buy a $400 purse or shoes or whatever it is women buy. And I don't have $800... I only had the $400 for the thing I wanted... so unfair... women...

6. zachya

...exactly.the.same.thing.I.want...

P4L likes this.
  7. Slugger926

Slugger926 Territorial Marshal

No wonder SAP runs so poorly, their leaders aren't running the company as they are trying to create a Lego empire.

ostater2319 likes this.
  8. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

I've seen on youtube somebody make a printer out of Legos and a felt-tip marker. That was pretty cool.

9. Cowboy2

Cowboy2 Doesn't have #Ebola. A/V Subscriber

Every. D@mn. Time.

I want my legos. I can build endless numbers of things with legos. They provide hours of unadulterated entertainment. WTH can you do with a 400 dollar purse? Carry the money you no longer have?

zachya likes this.
  10. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

11. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

There was actually a pretty damn interesting documentary regarding the company and it's history on TV the other night.

This guy just sounds like he might have a slight mental issue?

12. zachya

...what does this have to do with LEGO?...I'm pretty sure this thread is about how awesome LEGO is...;)

P4L and NYC Poke like this.