Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
"It's a peaceful protest" ended when they trespassed onto private property by breaking through a gate... Boneheaded reaction from the couple but trying to portray them as just an innocent group of peaceful protesters is dishonest.
Yes and according to some in the media: outside of the fires, looting, and private property destruction, the Minneapolis protests were very peaceful, too.

1593545408812.png

Nov 6, 2010
They definitely need a firearms safety course but hearing that some people in the mob were armed makes me want to cut them some slack. Maybe now that couple understands the world they live in and will respect firearms a little bit more.
I've always been told by the people I respect to never pull a gun on anyone unless you intend to use it. I think that is the main rule these folks broke, and are damn lucky it didn't go any further than it did because of them doing it. If they had been standing inside their door with their weapons locked and loaded, no one could criticize that. However, once you pull it out on anyone, you lose any semblance of control over the situation because there is no way to interpret how threatened the other person/people are going to feel from that.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Whatever you think about their actions you have to admit they are the most memeable people we've seen in a while.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I've always been told by the people I respect to never pull a gun on anyone unless you intend to use it. I think that is the main rule these folks broke, and are damn lucky it didn't go any further than it did because of them doing it. If they had been standing inside their door with their weapons locked and loaded, no one could criticize that. However, once you pull it out on anyone, you lose any semblance of control over the situation because there is no way to interpret how threatened the other person/people are going to feel from that.
Nobody knows if they were willing to use them or not. I saw genuine fear so I believe they were willing. You disagree and that’s fine. If their goal was to use the guns as a deterrent I think that worked. I’ve seen many say they should have stayed inside and waited to see if their property started getting damaged. I think one could argue that approach is potentially more dangerous if the mob were to encroach. At that point you are literally at the fire / don’t fire decision. At the end of the day no blood was shed so it’s hard for me to say the couple made a mistake.

I think the wait inside approach is fine if your concern is your own livelihood. If your concern is property damage (and after seeing that gate I’d wager it was), then I think making your presence known is probably the way to go. Let’s face it, there’s no right or perfect answer here for the couple. Clearly they weren’t prepared for that type of situation and did the best they could. They didn’t go seeking trouble, trouble found them.

Nov 6, 2010
Nobody knows if they were willing to use them or not. I saw genuine fear so I believe they were willing. You disagree and that’s fine. If their goal was to use the guns as a deterrent I think that worked. I’ve seen many say they should have stayed inside and waited to see if their property started getting damaged. I think one could argue that approach is potentially more dangerous if the mob were to encroach. At that point you are literally at the fire / don’t fire decision. At the end of the day no blood was shed so it’s hard for me to say the couple made a mistake.

I think the wait inside approach is fine if your concern is your own livelihood. If your concern is property damage (and after seeing that gate I’d wager it was), then I think making your presence known is probably the way to go. Let’s face it, there’s no right or perfect answer here for the couple. Clearly they weren’t prepared for that type of situation and did the best they could. They didn’t go seeking trouble, trouble found them.
You are misinterpreting my statement. There is a huge difference between willing vs intending. I'm sure they were willing, but my point, and the advice I've always been given, is if you pull out a gun and point it at someone, you better be pulling the trigger. This of course is advice for a normal citizen, not LE or any other person authorized to use a weapon in their job duties. The reasoning behind that being you don't know if the person you are pointing it at is also armed, nor how they will react to having a gun pointed at them. So if you pull out a piece and point it at someone without firing, you might end up being the one getting shot.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
You are misinterpreting my statement. There is a huge difference between willing vs intending. I'm sure they were willing, but my point, and the advice I've always been given, is if you pull out a gun and point it at someone, you better be pulling the trigger. This of course is advice for a normal citizen, not LE or any other person authorized to use a weapon in their job duties. The reasoning behind that being you don't know if the person you are pointing it at is also armed, nor how they will react to having a gun pointed at them. So if you pull out a piece and point it at someone without firing, you might end up being the one getting shot.
I don’t really agree with that sentiment but maybe that’s because I have many years of training. However, if those people waited inside with their guns for someone to throw a rock and then just came out guns a-blazin’ and killed several people they might be in jail as we speak given the current climate. I think your statement may be fine in the case of self defense but in this case I think their goal was to keep their property from being destroyed. In that scenario I find your logic flawed.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I don’t really agree with that sentiment but maybe that’s because I have many years of training. However, if those people waited inside with their guns for someone to throw a rock and then just came out guns a-blazin’ and killed several people they might be in jail as we speak given the current climate. I think your statement may be fine in the case of self defense but in this case I think their goal was to keep their property from being destroyed. In that scenario I find your logic flawed.
It was stupid on their part. I personally would not have done it. If I’m walking by on the street and someone points a gun at me, in some states especially in stand your ground states I have no duty to retreat. I could argue that my life was threatened when they pointed the gun at me and I shot them in self defense. To each its own but If I need to pull my gun on you I need to be willing to pull the trigger. You could argue the same premise I pulled my gun on you and you shot me. Those homeowners are lucky they didn’t get killed. I personally would have waited to see if someone would have encroached on my property.

Nov 6, 2010
Well, thankfully I've never had to put that theory into practice, and hope I never do. However, if I'm ever in that situation, I'm still going to avoid pulling my gun out and pointing it at anyone until it is the very last option.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Well, thankfully I've never had to put that theory into practice, and hope I never do. However, if I'm ever in that situation, I'm still going to avoid pulling my gun out and pointing it at anyone until it is the very last option.
I guess I’m not a one size fits all kind of guy. For me pulling my gun isn’t the last option. Pulling the trigger is. Had a situation once where I’m glad I didn’t abide by your policy. But everyone is different.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Is there really an atmosphere of change in LE? I feel like we’re in that situation where a mass shooting happened and people cry for more gun laws... Even though dozens of gun laws were broken already.
Really good question. I do see around the nation an attempt to address law enforcement issues. But its been through fear, not reasoned debate, or actually an understanding of the problems at hand. But the once concrete wall of law enforcement has been breached, so time will tell if positive change can move forward. I hope so.
A mass shooting right now I don't think would bring on the type of rhetoric as before. Thanks to the rioters, antifa, the looters, etc. I understand there has been a large increase in gun sales. It would seem people are more worried about protecting their propety and themselves.
Only thing I'm seeing is confidence in their mayors by LEO's going down. I see resignations and retirements by LEO's and budget cuts by cities. Basically, a bunch of stuff that's not going to effect any real change, just make it harder for the ones still employed to do their jobs. Oh, and I see it mostly in areas that already had crime issues. Does anyone really think that's going to lead to less crime?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Only thing I'm seeing is confidence in their mayors by LEO's going down. I see resignations and retirements by LEO's and budget cuts by cities. Basically, a bunch of stuff that's not going to effect any real change, just make it harder for the ones still employed to do their jobs. Oh, and I see it mostly in areas that already had crime issues. Does anyone really think that's going to lead to less crime?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwN8lx10kxg

Don't let this bs turn your city into Cleveland.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
No but it's a safe bet race or class was a factor. These aren't a bunch of corporate Senior VP's storming the Mayor's house, and lately most of the protests do have the racial element.
Yeah a bunch of mostly white Marxist screaming about race and creating division to start their Marxist revolution.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Oh man I thought they had dropped that pretense already.
Hard to keep it up when the vast majority of the people murdered during this whole thing are actually black. These people are posers coopting a movement 100%. BLM is headed by 3 people, two of which have declared they are trained Marxist.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Hard to keep it up when the vast majority of the people murdered during this whole thing are actually black. These people are posers coopting a movement 100%. BLM is headed by 3 people, two of which have declared they are trained Marxist.
You can tell it is being hijacked by people with a different agenda. Transgender issues are not a high priority for most of the black people I know and it wasn't near the top of the list when George Floyd was killed in front of cameras.