Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The lady who called the cops in Central Park on the Black man who was bird watching after he told her she needed to have a leash on her dog is being charged with filing a false police report. She called the police and claimed he was threatening her..

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1280221233423044609

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
The lady who called the cops in Central Park on the Black man who was bird watching after he told her she needed to have a leash on her dog is being charged with filing a false police report. She called the police and claimed he was threatening her..

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1280221233423044609
Is there a proven racial component to this story? I’m not familiar with it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Is there a proven racial component to this story? I’m not familiar with it.
Not sure other than she..specifically called him by race and gender. Not sure why she thought it was important in quantifying him like that before she made the call and to make up the part about him threatening her life

She didn't run away or seem to feel threatened in the video and to quantify the man before making the call makes it seem to be not motivated by feeling threatened

Christian Cooper posted on Facebook a part of their exchange that he recorded, and it went viral. In the recording, he is silent for the most part, while she frantically tells police he is threatening her and her dog.
"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," she is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Not sure other than she..specifically called him by race and gender. Not sure why she thought it was important in quantifying him like that before she made the call and to make up the part about him threatening her life

She didn't run away or seem to feel threatened in the video and to quantify the man before making the call makes it seem to be not motivated by feeling threatened

Christian Cooper posted on Facebook a part of their exchange that he recorded, and it went viral. In the recording, he is silent for the most part, while she frantically tells police he is threatening her and her dog.
"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," she is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."
Seems more like a kook doing what kooks do rather than anything racial. Maybe something will come out that proves it was race related but until then I will reserve judgement.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Seems more like a kook doing what kooks do rather than anything racial. Maybe something will come out that proves it was race related but until then I will reserve judgement.
if it wasn’t race related why would she bring up his race? You can make an argument for anything but this one seems kind of desperate. There are some things I give the benefit of doubt and there are some things I just wouldn’t defend. That’s my take.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
@Bay Area Poke i mean here u asked if a person yelling white power did so in earnest. I can tell you one thing i wouldn’t watch a 30 second video of someone yelling hi hitler and ask if they did so in earnest. Not only did he say it he used the Aryan fist when saying it. Especially for a person that I did not know. I am going to take what they said at face value.

Attachments

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Sound like fine, upstanding citizens (please don't sue me for talking about you)

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_281d9989-373e-53c3-abcb-ecd0225dd287.html

But public records and interviews reveal a fuller picture than emerged two weeks ago. They show the McCloskeys are almost always in conflict with others, typically over control of private property, what people can do on that property, and whose job it is to make sure they do it.

They filed a lawsuit in 1988 to obtain their house, a castle built for Adolphus Busch’s daughter and her husband during St. Louis’ brief run as a world-class city in the early 20th century. At the McCloskeys’ property in Franklin County, they have sued neighbors for making changes to a gravel road and twice in just over two years evicted tenants from a modular home on their property.

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.
It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.

This court record shows the McCloskeys challenged a Portland Place resident “at gun point” who they said encroached on their property.
The McCloskeys have filed many other lawsuits. They sued a man who sold them a Maserati they claimed was supposed to come with a box of hard-to-find parts. In one trip to the courthouse in November 1996, Mark McCloskey filed two lawsuits, one against a dog breeder whom he said sold him a German shepherd without papers and the other against the Central West End Association for using a photo of their house in a brochure for a house tour after the McCloskeys had told them not to.

“I guess we were saving gas,” he would quip in a deposition in another case about why he filed two lawsuits at once.

Attachments

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Sound like fine, upstanding citizens (please don't sue me for talking about you)

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_281d9989-373e-53c3-abcb-ecd0225dd287.html

But public records and interviews reveal a fuller picture than emerged two weeks ago. They show the McCloskeys are almost always in conflict with others, typically over control of private property, what people can do on that property, and whose job it is to make sure they do it.

They filed a lawsuit in 1988 to obtain their house, a castle built for Adolphus Busch’s daughter and her husband during St. Louis’ brief run as a world-class city in the early 20th century. At the McCloskeys’ property in Franklin County, they have sued neighbors for making changes to a gravel road and twice in just over two years evicted tenants from a modular home on their property.

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.
It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.

This court record shows the McCloskeys challenged a Portland Place resident “at gun point” who they said encroached on their property.
The McCloskeys have filed many other lawsuits. They sued a man who sold them a Maserati they claimed was supposed to come with a box of hard-to-find parts. In one trip to the courthouse in November 1996, Mark McCloskey filed two lawsuits, one against a dog breeder whom he said sold him a German shepherd without papers and the other against the Central West End Association for using a photo of their house in a brochure for a house tour after the McCloskeys had told them not to.

“I guess we were saving gas,” he would quip in a deposition in another case about why he filed two lawsuits at once.
They’re very litigious which is annoying but not surprising for two attorneys. Have they ever been arrested? Because all that background tells me is that they understand the law very well and probably wouldn’t overstep in the situation in question. I get that some people want these two to be the bad guys in that situation but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
They’re very litigious which is annoying but not surprising for two attorneys. Have they ever been arrested? Because all that background tells me is that they understand the law very well and probably wouldn’t overstep in the situation in question. I get that some people want these two to be the bad guys in that situation but I don’t think that’s going to happen.
Slip and fall lawyers. That is what they do.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
i wonder why you defend these two so much? I don’t know them from a can of paint but they don’t seem like people I would endorse.
EAC6DB84-D795-4A83-883E-BB6F7E679FDF.jpeg
297B22A6-8FE0-4498-ABCB-BFF156C37273.jpeg
4E38682D-D5F9-4469-A0AC-9D9DFBEEDD9A.jpeg

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My perspective on this has always been more common sense than legal. They were probably within their legal rights to run around on their lawn pointing guns, but, in my opinion, not using the best common sense.

As far as their history it really doesn't change this situation. There is stuff floating around the interwebs about George Floyd's colorful past. He was not always the sweet cuddly figure he's not presented to be, but that doesn't change the circumstances around his murder by the popo.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
The guy is clearly an asshat, however that still doesn't give the "marchers" the right to tear down a gate and invade private property.
Especially if you note, that further information has come out that they were outside without their guns at first. The "protesters" were yelling at them and telling them they were going to break into their house. They were talking about which bedroom they were gonna make theirs... Sounds like an instance where I'd go get a gun to protect my home

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Especially if you note, that further information has come out that they were outside without their guns at first. The "protesters" were yelling at them and telling them they were going to break into their house. They were talking about which bedroom they were gonna make theirs... Sounds like an instance where I'd go get a gun to protect my home
Wow, I hadn’t heard any of this. If true then that pretty much settles it, no? The only real defense I’ve seen for the mob is that the guns were out from the get go and the couple intentionally riled them up.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
who did that info originate from? Let’s think about this logically... If I was going to break into your house would I tell you that I was going to do it? Also, if I have never been in your home how would I know about the bedrooms in your home were they yelling I’m going to make the master bedroom mine? Did they call the police and report those details?Can anyone corroborate those details? Remember these ppl are lawyers they get paid to come up with theories like this.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Wow, I hadn’t heard any of this. If true then that pretty much settles it, no? The only real defense I’ve seen for the mob is that the guns were out from the get go and the couple intentionally riled them up.

They should have locked their doors, and taken up positions on the balcony. They're stupid. They're also assholes. They are literally on an island here. The po-po and the DA hate them because of their civil rights suits against the city/county/PD. The right despises them for their left lean. The left thinks they are unhinged gun nuts, and the gun nuts think they are just stupid and careless. The whole world hates these idiots.

Regardless of their normal cause or lean, they have the right to keep and bear arms, just like everyone else, and I don't take sides on a position based on the participants. I know lots of people that do, but I don't. I don't feel sorry for them because they are assholes, but they still have rights.

They're likely to win an 7-8 digit law suit against the .gov here.