1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Shooting mystery: Miami-Dade teen killed by a crime watch captain

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by kenny41, Mar 24, 2012.

1. osupride97

osupride97 Ambassador of Quan

People do talk you know
  2. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

1. What is a white/hispanic? Is Obama a white/black? Race wasn't an issue until Obama's advisor Al Sharpton showed up on the scene. Are you trying to say Zimmerman shot him because he was black?

2. When Democrat Congressmen are discussing and putting on stunts in front of Congress in hoodies - I would say there are only two sides. Or maybe you fail to realize your party is ran by liberal extremists? (Obama case in point)

3. I'm pointing out #2. The Democrat party has been taken over by liberal extremism and they are very violent. Pull your head out of the sand and realize this fact. Obama is a liberal extremist. He even said the kid looked like his own son to stoke the fire of racism.

The Democrats out there with a brain (they do exist) had better wake up and realize that your party is ran by extremists. Stop towing your party line when you know it is wrong. The only reason any of you are involved or "outraged" by any of this is because Obama and your party told you to be.
  3. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

you have no peers...
  4. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

He *was* arrested. We have all seen the video of him in custody in handcuffs. The top of his head in that video has been endlessly scrutinized. He was interrogated and released. The police took his gun from him though it was later returned.
  5. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

Interrogated for 6 hours no less - then released.
  6. ScooberJake

ScooberJake Deputy

1. Zimmerman has self identified as both white and hispanic. Traditionally hispanics have sometimes been classified as white, other times not, depending on the system used. In this case it is not clear whether either classification is entirely correct.

2. Again, it is not MY party. I am a registered independent and my voting record is not heavily favored with either party. Both parties have their extremists. In my experience only extreme-right-wingers label Obama as an extreme leftist. He is far more centrist than a lot of Democrats.

3. Is your tin foil hat fitting a little tight today? You seem far more interested in labeling people and using incendiary language than having an honest discussion. This is exactly what is wrong (IMO) with the political climate in America today.
  7. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

It would seem the tinfoil hat is worn by you, sir.

You seem to believe that this kid was shot simply because he was black. You also seem to think, without any evidence of such, that Zimmerman is guilty of murder. And, you think that he was released (or not arrested lol) because he is a "white/Hispanic", whatever that is.

I see the right leaning posters all saying let the Courts decide.

I see the left leaning posters screaming racism and being "outraged".

I suggest you go look in the mirror and check your tinfoil hat.
  8. osupride97

I don't understand what you are saying here
  9. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Wrangler

It is a grand compliment.
  10. osupride97

Oh!!! Well, that was very nice! :)
  11. JTB1897

JTB1897 Wrangler

Do you think Zimmerman should be charged with 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, or not charged with anything at all?
  12. JTB1897

JTB1897 Wrangler

Tsk, tsk. Loose lips sink ships.
  13. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

But you had indicated that Zimmerman had somehow made that happen? Or were you simply exaggerating the facts as we know them?

"Zimmerman made sure he was the only one around to tell the story."

As Rx pointed out Zimmerman was arrested. So why do we keep hearing these exaggerations of the facts well after knowing them?
  14. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

I don't have all the facts in the case to make a judgement.

If I were in a jury, I would carefully weigh all the facts before rushing to judgement.

That is how it is suppose to work.

If we used the logic of some of the liberals on this board, white people should have rioted, made death threats and had bounties out on OJ Simpson.
  15. Cimarron

What system would that be?

Obama by his own voting record is on the left fringe.
  16. JTB1897

JTB1897 Wrangler

Obama could be much more to the left. For example, he's done little-to-nothing about ending the death penalty, increasing gun control, legalizing gay marriage, ending the Patriot Act, closing Gitmo, etc, etc.

Most modern day politicians are either a little bit to the left, or a little bit to the right, because they know they won't get elected/re-elected otherwise. You think there's really much difference between Obama and Romney? Hardly.
  17. Cimarron

Obama often voted "present". The purpose of that vote was pure political.

I remember seeing a voting record back in 2008 that had Obama based on his voting record the left fringes of the democrats. Interestingly Hillary though was further left than Obama was.

So if Romney is close to Obama about all that could make Romney would be a moderate. Based on that most people here on OP suggest they are moderates? I guess they'll line up and vote for Romney?
  18. Cimarron

Beating of Alabama Man Not Being Investigated As Hate Crime
    A racially charged beating of a white Alabama man by a throng of African-Americans is not being investigated as a hate crime, despite one witness' claim that she heard an assailant exclaim: "Now that's justice for Trayvon."
    Matthew Owens, of Mobile, Ala., was assaulted with baseball bats, paint cans and other weapons at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday after telling a group of children to stop playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive, according to Ashley Rains, public information officer for the Mobile Police Department.
  19. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Wrangler

20. Cimarron

Yes he does....

Legal legend Alan Dershowitz blasted the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, accusing her of hiding evidence favorable to defendant George Zimmerman and committing perjury.

ā€œIf I were this prosecutor, Iā€™d be hiring a lawyer at this point,ā€ Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/#ixzz1t9kH1Fxr