1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Shooting mystery: Miami-Dade teen killed by a crime watch captain

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by kenny41, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JTB1897

JTB1897 Cowboy

So after 34 pages of discussion on this issue, you have no opinion whatsoever as to whether or not you think Zimmerman should be charged with a crime?

2. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

Have you seen any factual information that says he committed a crime or just rumors and mis-truths?

The only person (outside of Zimmerman) at this point that has the most access to those facts is Angela Cory and there are even several legal experts who are suggesting she screwed up the facts.

3. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Territorial Marshal

Here's another sad situation spawned by this hyped up case.

Suspect claims he attacked white teen because he was angry over Trayvon case, police say
    Published April 26, 2012 FoxNews.com

CHICAGO – An black 18-year-old suspected of a violent attack on a white teen told Chicago police the beating was motivated by his anger over the Trayvon Martin case in Florida, MyFoxChicago reports.

Alton Hayes III was charged with a hate crime after he and a 15-year-old attacked the 19-year-old man at about 1:00 a.m. on April 17 in Oak Park, a Chicago suburb.

Police say Hayes and his teenage partner, who has not been named since he is a juvenile, picked the man apparently at random and pinned his arms to the side.

Hayes allegedly then picked up a tree branch and demanded the victim give them his belongings, saying, "Empty your pockets, white boy."

The suspects then rifled through the victim's pockets, threw him to the ground and punched him numerous times in the head and back. Both suspects are black and the victim is white, according to police.

MyFoxChicago reports Hayes told police he decided to attack his victim because he is angry over the death of Trayvon Martin. Hayes said he chose his victim because he is white.

Hayes was charged with attempted robbery, aggravated battery and a hate crime, all felonies. His teenage comrade was referred to juvenile court.

Trayvon Martin, 17, is the unarmed black teenager who was fatally shot as he walked through a gated community in Sanford, Fla. on Feb. 26. George Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder, went into hiding Monday as he awaits trial.

Read more: Suspect claims he attacked white teen because he was angry over Trayvon case, police say | Fox News

4. Cimarron

I'm expecting to hear from Al Sharpton any time on this hate crime....

bleedinorange and osupride97 like this.
  5. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Deputy

That isn't my job.

We have people that are paid to do that. They interrogated Zimmerman for 6 hours and determined they didn't have anything to charge him with - so they released him. If they released him at the scene, like so many keep falsely claiming on here, then I would question it and hope it would be looked into further. But, since he was interrogated for 6 hours, it appears they did their job.

Of course politicians and media gets involved and throws a race label on the matter. Now, he has been charged. Perhaps that is a good thing. We will let the courts decide now. I trust in our system - it may not be perfect but it is still the best in the world.

So, if a Judge tosses it or a jury finds him not guilty, will you consider the matter closed????

6. Cimarron

That will be interesting to watch if he is found innocent.

7. SiggyPoke

We may be hearing about cars and homes being firebombed if that happens.

8. osupride97

osupride97 Ambassador of Quan A/V Subscriber

And worse. People will get killed.

Cimarron and SiggyPoke like this.
  9. SiggyPoke

Unfortunately, you may be right.

10. Cimarron

Based on the reports we are already getting in regards to hate crimes based on this issue I wouldn't be surprised to see it escalate.

11. osupride97

osupride97 Ambassador of Quan A/V Subscriber

Do you ever read my posts????

12. Cimarron

:) not always before I respond, which is to what I read. We just think alike. :)

osupride97 likes this.
  13. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

Zimmermans MySpace page coming back to haunt him

His 2005 Myspace page has the following on it...and it has been confirmed by his lawyer that it is his

also there is a post on there about his ex in which he had brush ups with the police

He even spoke of his Felony charges on police officers saying
    he even spoke of a friend who went to jail for him but didn't rat him out saying
    Prosecutors are already looking at this info to paint Zimmerman of having a history of racial profiling