1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Should OSU allow beer sales at BPS?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by OStateMan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

Those clips are just proof of the Tulsa World trying to force something or other Gundy aw hell I got nothing.
    Epperley28 and OrangeForever like this.
  2. StillwaterMan

A/V Subscriber StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises

Hell I even puked without drinking as crazy as that sounds.
  3. StillwaterMan

One thing to consider in this discussion is that the people who want to be drunk during the games already are.
  4. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Isnt the alcohol ban a big 12 rule not up to the schools?
  5. pokieokie

pokieokie Cowboy

they already do
  6. teibbor

Staff A/V Subscriber teibbor Moderator

A lot of people say that but i have never seen the actually rule. I know they allow it at off campus games like championships/ RRR/ Bedlam baseball etc so that makes me think it is the schools.
  7. Epperley28

A/V Subscriber Epperley28 Cowboy

That was my understanding. I thought it was the Big 12, or maybe the NCAA that banned alcohol sales at events. I know they have beer sales at the Big 12 tournament, or at least they did in OKC, so maybe it's just for events on campus.

I tend to like the rule, though. Obnoxious drunks around us seem to have had no trouble imbibing their drug of choice in excess during the ban. On the one hand, the ban isn't stopping anything so what's the point? We might as well make some money. On the other hand, OSU sports are supposed to be a family event. I don't think the University needs to enable and encourage bad behavior by fueling already annoying fans with booze delivery to individual seats.
  8. OrangeSkunk

OrangeSkunk Cowboy

We still don't have 6.0 beer in Oklahoma. I think that's a bigger issue than allowing it to be sold inside the stadium. We are the laughing stock of the nation with some of our laws, it's embarrassing.
  9. StillwaterMan

You mean we dont have "Full Strength" beer in gas stations. Gas station Bud light, Miller lite, Coors light in Oklahoma is 4.0% by volume. All other places its 4.2% by volume, basically meaning you have to drink 21 Oklahoma Bud Lights to get the Buzz 20 Texas Bud lights would give you.

Now if you drink, Bud, MGD, or Coors Original there is a differance, but the kids these days dont touch that stuff.
  10. Chi Phi Poke

Chi Phi Poke Cowboy

Guys guys there's no arguing here. Think half time show. Drunk co-eds battling each other in obstacle courses......... :D
    OStateMan likes this.
  11. Chi Phi Poke

Chi Phi Poke Cowboy

Guys guys there's no arguing here. Think half time show. Drunk co-eds battling each other in obstacle courses......... :D
  12. BeatOU

Staff A/V Subscriber BeatOU GGBTW

Alcohol is no longer permitted at "Big XII" events. That doesn't include regular games, though.

For example: The Bedlam baseball series is held at Brickown and beer is sold. On the otherhand, the Big XII baseball tourney is also held at Bricktown and beer is not sold.
  13. BeatOU

Staff A/V Subscriber BeatOU GGBTW

I leave for halftime. My tailgate is very close to the stadium. I do guzzle a couple of beers, but that isn't the only reason I go back out there. I check on things, eat a snack, chat with friends about the first half, etc.

Personally, I don't want to be locked in the stadium just so I'll buy $8.00 beers. But if that's what they come up with, that's what I'll do.....
  14. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

NCAA bans alcohol sales at championship events. in 2008 the Big 12 banned alcohol sales at their championship events as well.

I read that it is not a rule except by schools. But championships the alcohol sales are banned.
  15. Celldweller7

Celldweller7 Deputy

I like beer (though I am a bit of snob about it) but I am not the biggest fan of alcohol & large crowds. WVU fans riot after games, I'm not convinced their perspective of a good, controlled post-game experience is what OSU has in mind. ;)
  16. StillwaterMan

Thats about how I see it. It has its positives and negatives.
  17. okstate87

okstate87 Wrangler

I doubt we'll see this occur. too many barriers. and stillwater is definitely making its fair share of money on alcohol sales currently. it would have to make it through the state government, county, probably the city, and then the school. No reason to fix what ain't broke.
  18. OSUCowboy29

OSUCowboy29 Cowboy

No! People manage to get drunk enough before the game.
  19. OSUAviationBoy

OSUAviationBoy Cowboy

If the NCAA banned alcohol sells, how are they allowed to sell at bowl games? Is that independent of the NCAA?
  20. oufannot

oufannot Wrangler

I thought the Stadium was annexed and that was the reason they could sell alcohol in the suites. Which is just like the Student Union, cause I know they are annexed and they could sell alcohol if they choose too.