Should the NCAA be dissolved?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Not until the NFL acknowledges the obvious and creates a D league to give the athletes that have no interest in going to college an avenue to ply their trade.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
They need to be sued for unfair and inconsistent enforcement that results in financial damages to a school that are not incurred equitably by another elite school that has the same of far worse infractions. When they lose one of those or at least have to incur the expense of defending themselves and their decisions they might take consistency more seriously.

There should be no purely sports people on the infractions committee, that is to say no people like the two from OU or people from other universities that have bias and school allegiances. Really since this is a legal issue should be managed by attorneys. Somebody like Condi Rice would be a good choice to lead the committee.....

As far as our end, there’s nobody I would rather have representing us than Mike Holder. He’s smart, courageous and the man bleeds pure Orange!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not until the NFL acknowledges the obvious and creates a D league to give the athletes that have no interest in going to college an avenue to ply their trade.
But I think it needs to be more like the baseball model. If they choose not to go from high school direct to the minors then they have to spend a certain number of years at the school before they can then declare again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
Just have the power 5 start their own entity. The NCAA would fall under its own weight.
I agree. The Power 5 would be much better off severing themselves from the NCAA and creating their own governing body. The NCAA manages over 1100 programs, and what's best for Oklahoma State isn't necessarily what's best for Oklahoma Baptist.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
They need to be sued for unfair and inconsistent enforcement that results in financial damages to a school that are not incurred equitably by another elite school that has the same of far worse infractions. When they lose one of those or at least have to incur the expense of defending themselves and their decisions they might take consistency more seriously.

There should be no purely sports people on the infractions committee, that is to say no people like the two from OU or people from other universities that have bias and school allegiances. Really since this is a legal issue should be managed by attorneys. Somebody like Condi Rice would be a good choice to lead the committee.....

As far as our end, there’s nobody I would rather have representing us than Mike Holder. He’s smart, courageous and the man bleeds pure Orange!
And the NCAA needs to be made aware that we stand fully prepared to take that action in Federal Court and request an injunction against implementation of their penalties immediately upon notice of anything other than a complete reversal of the post season ban. No more Mr nice guy.

Nov 6, 2010
Stop cooperating with the NCAA from here on out. Innocent until proven guilty, make them find all the details out themselves just like a prosecutor in a criminal case.
Yea, I think if this penalty sticks, that is a reasonable course of action moving forward. Just lawyer up and fight tooth and nail. What do we really have to lose?

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Maybe I’m clueless, but how will a new entity more heavily weighted by the bluebloods of the Power 5 be any less inconsistent and unfair to the non-bluebloods?
I think we're operating under the "there's no way it could be any worse" theory. And no, there is no way it could be any worse for OSU.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Maybe I’m clueless, but how will a new entity more heavily weighted by the bluebloods of the Power 5 be any less inconsistent and unfair to the non-bluebloods?
Not heavily weighted. ONLY Power 5 schools. All teams could be in the tourney, Rewrite the rule book so it makes sense, you have all the TV rights, and let the NCAA run the mid majors and D2 and D3.