Softball: Hall Of Fame Classic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
OSU is hosting the HOF Classic starting today at the ASA HOF Stadium in OKC.

Our Cowgirls opponents today will be:
Purdue
Drake

Tomorrow opponents:
St Francis
UCONN

Sunday opponent
Pacific

Cowgirls are 14-6 on the season and rank 24th in the country.

If anyone can make the trip, lets support these ladies.

Go Pokes!!!

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Bad news: Cowgirls 24 straight innings holding our opponents scoreless was snapped in the 2nd inning by St Francis.

Good news: our Cowgirls went on to win 7-1.

HOF Classic Finale for our Cowgirls be tomorrow vs Pacific

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
College softball: Upcoming week highlighted by Oklahoma State's game at Tulsa

Looking ahead: The Cowgirls will only play one game while spring break is in session. The Cowgirls play at Tulsa at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Looking back: Oklahoma State extended its winning streak to 12 by sweeping five games in the Hall of Fame Classic in Oklahoma City, outscoring opponents 35-2, and beating Illinois State and Central Arkansas at home.

Notable: The Cowgirls’ win streak is their longest since 2013. … Madi Sue Montgomery has seven home runs. … Chelsea Alexander, who is batting .357, hit her first career home run against UCA. … OSU leads the NCAA with 41 home runs and is just 12 shy from matching the program’s single-season record.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Hope to have word on attendance at GIA tonight later this afternoon, but for now, know that Oklahoma State has another sellout event today --- at TU softball:

Tulsa has announced that their Wednesday afternoon home softball game against Oklahoma State has been sold out.

Wednesday’s game between TU and OSU starts at 5 p.m. at the College Family Softball Complex.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Here's Eric Bailey's recap of the OSU-Tulsa softball game from yesterday...

Watson struck out 14 batters and only allowed three hits to become the only pitcher to shut out Oklahoma State this season.

“I’m impressed. She’s so in-check with herself, too, and understands how to pitch,” said OSU coach Kenny Gajewski, whose team’s 12-game winning streak was snapped. “It’s really kind of fun to watch her.

“It just sucks to be on the other side. She’s fun to watch and she can really pitch. What (Tulsa coach) John (Bargfeldt) and her have together is really good,” Gajewski said, before adding with a smile, “I’m ready for her to go.”

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Great feature on one of your players today: OSU softball: Vanessa Shippy could be breaking boards as a black belt in karate. Instead she is breaking softball records.

Excerpt:

Oklahoma State’s Vanessa Shippy, one of the nation’s most potent hitters, could be hitting two-by-fours instead of softballs these days.

As a child, she excelled in many sports. One day, she came to a crossroads in her athletic journey.
“My dad was ‘Do you want to do karate or softball?’ I said, ‘Karate.’ He said, ‘Great, softball,’” Shippy said, smiling. “I was playing softball no matter what. That was about 10, and I’ve been playing ever since.”

Ron Shippy also laughed about that story.

“I remember that very vividly. I still agree with it,” he said with a chuckle. “It is kind of funny. Two weeks ago, I ran into her old karate instructor. He said he thinks she made the right decision, too.”
Also the usual weekly roundup on OSU and other in-state softball teams here.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Iowa State 5, Oklahoma State 4

Oklahoma State dropped the finale of a weekend series against Iowa State in 12 innings at Cowgirl Stadium.

OSU (23-8; 2-1 Big 12) is 1-2 in extra-inning games this season.

Oklahoma State jumped out to an early lead after Madi Sue Montgomery tripled home Taylor Lynch in the Cowgirls’ first at-bats of the day. OSU extended the gap over the next five innings as Montgomery and Lynch hit a pair of home runs that saw the Cowgirls head to the top of the seventh with a 4-1 lead.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Wichita State 5, Oklahoma State 3

The No. 23 Oklahoma State softball team dropped the finale of its four-game homestand, as the Cowgirls fell to Wichita State at Cowgirl Stadium on Tuesday.

OSU (23-9) led 3-2 after two innings, but didn’t score again. Whitney Whitehorn homered in the bottom of the second to tie the game at 2, and the Cowgirls took the lead when Mackenzie Thomas scored on a fielder’s choice.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma State
Record: 29-12, 7-2 in Big 12

Looking ahead: The Cowgirls will host No. 16 Baylor with games on Friday (5 p.m.), Saturday (4) and Sunda (12). OSU plays at Wichita State on Wednesday.

Looking back: The Cowboys won four of five games, including a three-game sweep at Kansas. UT Arlington picked up a 9-2 win over OSU and the Cowgirls won 3-0 at Missouri State.
Link