Spencer Sanders - Bringing something back

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
He got much better after a few bad games and it was a shame he got hurt...we would have won the bowl and given a much better showing verse the sooners. He's a talented player just made Freshmen mistakes. I watched the Texas game again the other day and he was both outstanding and made bad game losing mistakes. I was pissed off at the time and thought he should be benched, but Brown just didn't have the playmaking ability that Sanders had, especially without a great WR who was also benched with injury. Those two being back SHOULD provide lots of fireworks in the fall, provided we can get our act together on covid as a society.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
He got much better after a few bad games and it was a shame he got hurt...we would have won the bowl and given a much better showing verse the sooners. He's a talented player just made Freshmen mistakes. I watched the Texas game again the other day and he was both outstanding and made bad game losing mistakes. I was pissed off at the time and thought he should be benched, but Brown just didn't have the playmaking ability that Sanders had, especially without a great WR who was also benched with injury. Those two being back SHOULD provide lots of fireworks in the fall, provided we can get our act together on covid as a society.
I got blasted on here when I said we couldn't win the bowl without him.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
that takes me back.
It really wasn't Pena's fault. We moved Donovon Woods to defense and then had a couple of injuries. Most offenses suck once you get down to the 4th team QB. That is just the way it is.

Which makes that one year where we played Lunt, Walsh, and Chelf and made it to a bowl and mud-stomped Purdue pretty freaking amazing. There aren't many teams in the country with three QBs that can get them to a bowl game.