Spencer Sanders Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
FWIW on the Cowboy Insider Podcast this week RA/Dave H said Sanders is 100%. If SI starts that will go completely against how he has handled QBs up to this point in his career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We'll find out tomorrow. Sanders is an injury prone turnover machine, plus he's not an accurate passer, not even close. I really hope SI starts and will remain the starter until his eligibility is exhausted.

Gundy did say that the offense hadn't flowed in years like it did in the Kansas game.

I would surmise there is a chance that SS or SI will transfer without the starting gig at QB. Maybe not tho. But SI obviously has a much higher ceiling in terms of passing, which passing, especially huge yardage passing, is essential for the offense to have any chance of having a running game.

I think 20-30 points a game is the ceiling with Sanders at the helm. With SI at the helm,.I think the offense will have no problem scoring 40-50 points a game.

Perhaps SI and SS will be the next rendition of Rudolph/Walsh tho.
Gundy does not like playing freshmen qbs, don’t think that will change tomorrow. I think SS starts but SI will see playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
I will be incredibly shocked if Sanders doesn’t start. He had problems last year but he has a world of upside. Plus he really helps the run game by opening up the zone read.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Either guy is fine to start we will see if sanders can shake of the rust, but I hope we don’t lose while shaking it off. I’m very happy with the freshmen’s play but I also really like the way Sanders has been in the room while healing up. He seems to be a great young man. It’s nice to have two guys who can win games if needed. All that said SI is the future. 6-6 230 with that arm is just going to be very hard to keep on the sideline when/if we struggle.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
If this isn’t RA telling us exactly who’s going to start behind a thin veil, then I don’t know what is.

This how he ends the article:

Not this week. Not this year, even if the backup quarterback is always the most popular man on campus.

Sanders is the major threat.

“He can throw the ball 70 yards down the field, or he can take off running down the middle and you’ve gotta try and catch him,” Wallace said. “It’s hard defensively to stop him because you’ve got to worry about him running the ball and throwing it.”

End.

That’s a big don’t buy into the smokescreen.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Either guy is fine to start we will see if sanders can shake of the rust, but I hope we don’t lose while shaking it off. I’m very happy with the freshmen’s play but I also really like the way Sanders has been in the room while healing up. He seems to be a great young man. It’s nice to have two guys who can win games if needed. All that said SI is the future. 6-6 230 with that arm is just going to be very hard to keep on the sideline when/if we struggle.
Careful. Arms DO NOT win football games. It’s what is between the ears that matters.