SuperBowl BPS commercial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
If you were a fan that attended the WVU-oSu basketball game tonight, and happened to look out the concourse windows onto BPS field, did you notice all the activity going on in the stadium?

I asked an official in GIA what was going on.

He stated Kia was filming a Super Bowl commercial. They were using huge White Screens, so not sure just how much of BPS will be recognizable in the commercial.

There were guys dressed up as football players (two different teams) plus a bunch of other people.

I would guess approx 50-80 people total.

Just a heads up if you plan to watch the Super Bowl. And that depends if they use the commercial anyway????

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
If you were a fan that attended the WVU-oSu basketball game tonight, and happened to look out the concourse windows onto BPS field, did you notice all the activity going on in the stadium?

I asked an official in GIA what was going on.

He stated Kia was filming a Super Bowl commercial. They were using huge White Screens, so not sure just how much of BPS will be recognizable in the commercial.

There were guys dressed up as football players (two different teams) plus a bunch of other people.

I would guess approx 50-80 people total.

Just a heads up if you plan to watch the Super Bowl. And that depends if they use the commercial anyway????
I figured that it was another Bing commercial.

Nov 14, 2010
Our little stadium is becoming a star.
Boone Pickens stadium is incredible.

Its obviously not huge, but it's attention to detail is better than any place I've been to

I overheard a couple TCU college kids and an OSU fan asked them why they made the trip up

They both said they had seen Boone Pickens Stadium on TV and it looked so nice, they had to see it in person

GIA is ridiculously nice as well.

O'Brate is stupid how nice it's going to be

We are really, really lucky to have the facilities that we do.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
Boone Pickens stadium is incredible.

Its obviously not huge, but it's attention to detail is better than any place I've been to

I overheard a couple TCU college kids and an OSU fan asked them why they made the trip up

They both said they had seen Boone Pickens Stadium on TV and it looked so nice, they had to see it in person

GIA is ridiculously nice as well.

O'Brate is stupid how nice it's going to be

We are really, really lucky to have the facilities that we do.
Fwiw, the director of facilities is Nigel Jones. Not just sports, all facilities. He came to OSU about '88 and was on the architecture faculty until about 10 years ago when he moved over to facilities. He and his staff, including Jana Brown Phillips (whom I went to school with and is married to John Phillips whom I also went to school with and has been an Arch. Engineering professor for a couple decades now) have raised the bar as far as planning and ensuring top talent firms are engaged in the new work.