Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2012
Just booked hotel and tickets for 2! Looking forward to it! I know the season wasn’t what it could’ve been, but for one of the youngest teams in college football, it still turned out good! Go get a W against the Aggies and roll into offseason with big momentum. Go Pokes!

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Wow, that’s crazy! Who could have predicted that? Oh yeah......me!
Enjoy the Aggie Cult Bowl
What choice do I have? It’s not the bowl I wanted, just the one I shared that I was told we were going to. Then after shooting the messenger and being told I’m crazy and we’re going to the Camping World Bowl or the Alamo Bowl, here we are.....

At this point, what choice do we have other than to show up and travel better than the other teams they picked for other bowls and to smoke the Aggies to show the selection committees of those bowls that we deserved a better bowl and that we would have brought more fans, more money and a more entertaining team to them if they’d have picked us. If we travel poorly and play poorly we’ll just validate their decisions!

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
I like the matchup for us. It's a Big Bowl Game Day, Good Time slot, overrated opponent with a good name and get some good local publicity in the Houston Area with a win over aTm

Texas A&M has a very smoke and mirrors record and their best win was over 6-6 Mississippi State. They also barely squeaked by the trainwreck that is Arkansas football.

This is the best case situation. Go Pokes!

Jun 12, 2007
What choice do I have? It’s not the bowl I wanted, just the one I shared that I was told we were going to. Then after shooting the messenger and being told I’m crazy and we’re going to the Camping World Bowl or the Alamo Bowl, here we are.....

At this point, what choice do we have other than to show up and travel better than the other teams they picked for other bowls and to smoke the Aggies to show the selection committees of those bowls that we deserved a better bowl and that we would have brought more fans, more money and a more entertaining team to them if they’d have picked us. If we travel poorly and play poorly we’ll just validate their decisions!
I appreciate you sharing we were headed to the Texas Bowl from about as good as source as there can be. I did find it interesting that the Alamo and Texas bowls were the last to announce their teams. It was as if the Alamo was unsure who they wanted to choose to the very end. The Camping World announced first, the Liberty, then a long pause, then the Alamo and very shortly thereafter the Texas Bowl announced. I have to wonder if the Alamo Bowl reps were concerned Hubbard would not play and that would mean fewer fans in the seats, less promotion material, weaker team, ect.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Can someone re-post what was on twitter recently about their lack of athletic success since WWII? Something along the lines of them never finishing in the top 4 in any of the 3 major sports since WWII? If it's true, they truly are the most overhyped athletic program of all time, and it's not even close. How many times have we finished in the top 4 since then? Many many times. I might have to research that.

Feb 18, 2009
True, but when you have a month to prepare, anything can and will happen.
We could also be missing all three of our best offensive players. On defense, no word on KHP yet and Stirling is out for the 1st half due to the "targeting" call.

We might stink too.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2008
Can someone re-post what was on twitter recently about their lack of athletic success since WWII? Something along the lines of them never finishing in the top 4 in any of the 3 major sports since WWII? If it's true, they truly are the most overhyped athletic program of all time, and it's not even close. How many times have we finished in the top 4 since then? Many many times. I might have to research that.
Football only that I combined from WIKI pages. Includes years with top 25 finishes, highlighted years are top 10 finishes. If you limit it to top 4 only then A&M has nothing since 1939.

1575914928244.png

1575914952999.png