Texas Tech Baseball Series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
I’m disappointed because it’s been 2 full seasons now with a patchwork pitching staff. At least the hitting improved this year, but being so thin on pitching is killing us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were shy on pitching, because our #1 and #2 pitcher were hurt and never played this year!

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
I’m disappointed because it’s been 2 full seasons now with a patchwork pitching staff. At least the hitting improved this year, but being so thin on pitching is killing us.

We were shy on pitching, because our #1 and #2 pitcher were hurt and never played this year!
Exactly! Why do we have so many damn injuries??

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
NewsOK reporting Dobbs (previously reported in this thread) and Taylor are no longer with the team. There’s a chance that Taylor returns next season. Anyone have info on this?

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Exactly! Why do we have so many damn injuries??

Geesh, I guess we planned it that way. Damn coaches!
It’s not that they planned it, but is there something they are doing that is putting our players in position to be injured more frequently? It’s ok to question things ya know, don’t really need a smart ass answer for everything.

Last edited:

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Ive been wondering what has happened to those two?
Dobbs asked for and received his release.

It sounds like after Taylor got hurt, he got into the doghouse, but can work himself back.

I’m more concerned that all the redshirt position players have stopped being in the dugout as well. It’s too early for them to have gone to summer ball. But I have no info in that regard.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Still a lot of baseball left. College baseball is all about who gets hot at the right time. This isn’t actually “the right time” to be hot. Two weeks from now is.

The regular season title would have been nice, but oh well. Just need to generate a little momentum next week at the Brick and then go take our best shot at a regional somewhere.

It looks bad now, but if you follow college baseball you know things can do a 180 at any second.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Texas Tech 7, OSU 3

Oklahoma State closed out the regular season with a third loss in three games to No. 10 Texas Tech at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium.

The 14th-ranked Cowboys finish Big 12 Conference play with a 16-8 mark and in second place in the standings behind league champion Texas. OSU is 29-22-1 overall and will open play at the Big 12 Tournament at 4 p.m. Wednesday against No. 7-seed West Virginia in Oklahoma City.
Link