Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, Tech this week...what do we need to do to win this game. They won over a talented team in Baylor last week. Glad we are playing at home. IMHO it's up to the defense to respond to a bad game and get back on track. They SHOULD be able to hold Bowman down if they put forth the effort they did against WVU, ISU, and KSU. I fully expect the offense to be MUCH improved. We will see how we respond and if we have an ounce of pride.

Aug 16, 2012
So, Tech this week...what do we need to do to win this game. They won over a talented team in Baylor last week. Glad we are playing at home. IMHO it's up to the defense to respond to a bad game and get back on track. They SHOULD be able to hold Bowman down if they put forth the effort they did against WVU, ISU, and KSU. I fully expect the offense to be MUCH improved. We will see how we respond and if we have an ounce of pride.
Why would you expect the offense to be much improved? They had two week to prep for OU and about 2-3 months of practice before that. One week of practice that I guarantee you will never be run at full speed and you think they will improve? Results may be better since (hopefully) Tech's defense is not as good, but it will be the exact same offense.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
baylor talented? well ok? they have a qb that hit the jackpot last year with some talent at the skill positions. a coach that knew what he was doing. this year? not so much. their defense is playing better than offense. sound familiar? expect a low scoring (relative to past b12 seasons) ugly game as both offenses suck hard.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why would you expect the offense to be much improved? They had two week to prep for OU and about 2-3 months of practice before that. One week of practice that I guarantee you will never be run at full speed and you think they will improve? Results may be better since (hopefully) Tech's defense is not as good, but it will be the exact same offense.
for one if we name a permeate QB that will be a change and imho a positive. I think that makes things better by itself. We will have to see if we do better on a level playing field in terms of talent and coaching on the defensive side for them...which gave up 62 to ou a few weeks ago and 63 to Texas in week 2. We should be better just because their defense isn’t great.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
You can have talent and only win one game so far...all their games have been close so that's what I meant.
if you’ve watched Baylor and came out thinking they have talent.....well that’s an interesting take. I’m more worried about a letdown this Saturday than a subpar Baylor team.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Why do you think the offense will be much improved? Because of the inferior defense? The offense will still be the same 5-8 plays that we run...every...single...game....There are no surprises, there never are. If I was a running back or TE i would never come play in this offense. TE's never get utilized like they should and running backs get hand off left or right. No misdirection, no wheel routes, very little screens...it's ridiculous.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Why do you think the offense will be much improved? Because of the inferior defense? The offense will still be the same 5-8 plays that we run...every...single...game....There are no surprises, there never are. If I was a running back or TE i would never come play in this offense. TE's never get utilized like they should and running backs get hand off left or right. No misdirection, no wheel routes, very little screens...it's ridiculous.
I mean, why not throw a end zone fade to a TE once in a while or even twice in a row ? What are these coaching thinking of ignoring the TE !!!!!

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
Win the TO battle and make a big play in our favor on Special Teams.

O-Line is going to limp home the rest of the year. Will need all 3 RB’s to perform at XGames mode level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Here's the game plan I received from super secret sources wearing an abbreviated mullet from the bowels of Boone Pickens stadium.

Play 1 Run Chuba to the A Gap.
Play 2 Run Chuba to the C Gap.
Play 3 Pass to Tylan, maybe Stoner if Tylan has quintuple coverage
Optional Play Run Chuba to the B Gap

They won't know what hit 'em

Aug 16, 2012
Here's the game plan I received from super secret sources wearing an abbreviated mullet from the bowels of Boone Pickens stadium.

Play 1 Run Chuba to the A Gap.
Play 2 Run Chuba to the C Gap.
Play 3 Pass to Tylan, maybe Stoner if Tylan has quintuple coverage
Optional Play Run Chuba to the B Gap

They won't know what hit 'em
Mike is going to change the locks on the building if you keep sneaking in and stealing the game plan

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
I mean, why not throw a end zone fade to a TE once in a while or even twice in a row ? What are these coaching thinking of ignoring the TE !!!!!
Yeah, because at all levels fades to the TE are a big part of the offense (insert sarcasm)...and you saw how effective they are for us...

Last edited: