Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I mean, why not throw a end zone fade to a TE once in a while or even twice in a row ? What are these coaching thinking of ignoring the TE !!!!!
Your wasting your time...those folks turned off their tv long before that happened...not that I blame them...but I watched every miserable play.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Your wasting your time...those folks turned off their tv long before that happened...not that I blame them...but I watched every miserable play.
Our coach fans have such short memories.
They clambered for SI
They beg to use the TE

then they get what they want and yet still bellyache and moan

Loyal and True

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Yikes. I turned it off at the first interception. Down 21-0 in the 1st Q in Norman? No thanks, not my idea of a good time. I was already breaking my own rule. I vowed years ago never to watch Bedlam again (except for a replay after I know we won). Just too painful.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yikes. I turned it off at the first interception. Down 21-0 in the 1st Q in Norman? No thanks, not my idea of a good time. I was already breaking my own rule. I vowed years ago never to watch Bedlam again (except for a replay after I know we won). Just too painful.
So it's your fault...dude...come on man. :)
I was looking for bits and pieces of hope...I found a few, but others will laugh so I won't share them. We have some talent, we just don't have an Oline to save our butts. We will recover defensively and win this weekend....IF we don't I'm going to be calling for someone's head whom I absolutely think is the best coach to ever happen to us...sad deal if that occurs. Like everyone else, I expected to lose Bedlam, so I was already pissed about the game BEFORE it started. I'm over it now.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
i haven't watched a bedlam fb game since i attended the 2011 game we won. i give my tickets away and never turn the tv on. went to bed saturday nite and woke up sunday morning and still didn't know who won till i got the paper.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
i haven't watched a bedlam fb game since i attended the 2011 game we won. i give my tickets away and never turn the tv on. went to bed saturday nite and woke up sunday morning and still didn't know who won till i got the paper.
That’s just pretty much my everyday. I pretty much get emotional about the things I can control. Not because I’m a cowboy but because I’m old.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
i too am old. i hear or read the younger people say osu should be this or that. should hire this guy or that guy. but i know the deck is stacked against osu. for a myriad of reasons. name me 3 schools in the last 20 years who have jumped from being a decent program to the upper echelon of college fb. then, if you can name any, tell me where they're located. that'll give you the inside scoop on why the same teams go to NY's bowl games and the playoffs.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
Oregon is one of those teams and has a familiar story to OSU. Rich guy puts a ton of money into the program, located in a small college town, had a nice run and head coach retired. Hired a new HC and things went sideways for a couple of years. Hired a new coach who is recruiting his butt off and Oregon is back to being relative.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Oregon is one of those teams and has a familiar story to OSU. Rich guy puts a ton of money into the program, located in a small college town, had a nice run and head coach retired. Hired a new HC and things went sideways for a couple of years. Hired a new coach who is recruiting his butt off and Oregon is back to being relative.
relative, but elite? clemson is one program that has climbed to elite status in recent years. located in the southeast in a hotbed of talent with plenty of money.
here's the point i was trying to make. it's really, really difficult to move up the ladder. we made the jump from terrible fb team and tradition to a good program. facilities, focus on fb, coaching stability, boones money, etc. have elevated our program. but we're facing an uphill battle to move up. facing a geographic location issue. not only because stillwater is kinda in no mans land but because we're 4 hours from any DI, P5 talent. there's some in oklahoma, but not enough to make a living on. if your baylor or tcu (our real competitors for talent) you can swing a dead cat and hit 250 DI players. clemson is in the same boat, only they have access to even more players.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2012
Going out at the high water mark. I like it.

I was at that game. It was awesome. Hey OU.....we are fixin’ to administer a beat down on your Sooner behinds and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
relative, but elite? clemson is one program that has climbed to elite status in recent years. located in the southeast in a hotbed of talent with plenty of money.
here's the point i was trying to make. it's really, really difficult to move up the ladder. we made the jump from terrible fb team and tradition to a good program. facilities, focus on fb, coaching stability, boones money, etc. have elevated our program. but we're facing an uphill battle to move up. facing a geographic location issue. not only because stillwater is kinda in no mans land but because we're 4 hours from any DI, P5 talent. there's some in oklahoma, but not enough to make a living on. if your baylor or tcu (our real competitors for talent) you can swing a dead cat and hit 250 DI players. clemson is in the same boat, only they have access to even more players.
We never going to be elite. We are actually quiet content for being a consistent winners year in year out.

What is sad is that we came into a rivalry game where our rival for a very long years NEVER did admit that we were their rival.

BUT. They came to the game well prepared, more fired up, well executed than we were.

We came out Flat, No energy, No new wrinkles, ..... Same Old Gundy 101 Offense.
Out coached every year!

This is very upsetting.

....and we abandon our the pocket passer Offenses that initiated by Holgerson in the Weeden era into the Chelf, Rudolph and Corndog era where the whole nation admires our offenses. Now we back stuck into Bobby Reid era where the QB is a liability. This Gundy 101 Offense with no tweaking with an external OC is sad.

Without Bone Pickens now, I am afraid Gundy head may get too BIG.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
is there any report on testing? Just saw OU game this weekend postponed. Wonder how many of our players might been exposed
Considering many of our team were apparently positive in the summer and they are talking about immunity possibly lasting years, I'd say most of our team should be fine.
This does make me wonder when you add up the fact that as late as Thursday they were talking about possibly postponing our game, how many guys did they play that were positive? Is it possible they did fudging on numbers so they would have plenty of people to play us?

I mean, the ou basketball team had to postpone their opening game today.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
i too am old. i hear or read the younger people say osu should be this or that. should hire this guy or that guy. but i know the deck is stacked against osu. for a myriad of reasons. name me 3 schools in the last 20 years who have jumped from being a decent program to the upper echelon of college fb. then, if you can name any, tell me where they're located. that'll give you the inside scoop on why the same teams go to NY's bowl games and the playoffs.
I would say Clemson University. Seems like a clean program and I haven’t heard of any scandals. University of Georgia comes to mind as well. You could through in UCF and Cincinnati