The Bernie "That wasn't real soclialism" thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
So, is he gonna be for Bernie or someone who has the best chance to run Trump's a-- out of office, because they are mutually exclusive?
He has said in interviews that the Dem's will never win the Senate with Bernie so he will not be able to accomplish anything other than stand at the microphone and yell about the Revolution.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I refuse to click on a salon article. Please tell me about Republican voter suppression?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Maybe if you did not refuse to take in knowledge from all sources you would not be ignorant of such a commonly known subject. If you really don't know what it is, I suggest you try google. If you are just trying to bait me into a pointless attempt at debate by saying "republican suppression" when I said both parties do it..... no thanks.
If you are talking about redistricting, then yes, both do it. And the majority of the time it really doesn't have a large affect on politics, but more with how local government is run. If it's talking about voter ID, then that's a bunch of crap. The idea that black people are incapable of getting a driver's license when there are many states that even have DMVs in buses that drive around neighborhoods to help people get identification especially with the real ID act coming into play, is just racist.

I get my information from many sources on all sides, but Salon is one I won't touch even with ad blockers installed. Along with BuzzFeed.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Yeah this whole, tired "making people get id's is raaaaaayyyyyyyyciiiiissssst!!" theme is really worn out and no one with a scintilla of brain activity believes it.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What happens when you can't stomach either candidate? Not vote?

I wonder if voter turnout will be smaller than usual. That would probably help Trump, wouldn't it?
That's pretty much where I found myself in the voting booth in the last election. I voted for the one that made me throw up in my mouth the least.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If you are talking about redistricting, then yes, both do it. And the majority of the time it really doesn't have a large affect on politics, but more with how local government is run. If it's talking about voter ID, then that's a bunch of crap. The idea that black people are incapable of getting a driver's license when there are many states that even have DMVs in buses that drive around neighborhoods to help people get identification especially with the real ID act coming into play, is just racist.

I get my information from many sources on all sides, but Salon is one I won't touch even with ad blockers installed. Along with BuzzFeed.

It goes far beyond those things.

Essentially, as an American, we should want every American who wants to vote to be able to vote even if we disagree with them. Rights like that are what people like me served to protect. If you pass laws making it more difficult to vote, especially if those laws affect certain people more than others, then you are putting your personal beliefs in front of the country. I'm not going to go through each and every way that it has occurred to have you say something like, 'Well, exact match laws do make sense. If you have a hyphen in your name on your driver's license, it should be present on your voter registration too since that is your legal name..."

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yeah this whole, tired "making people get id's is raaaaaayyyyyyyyciiiiissssst!!" theme is really worn out and no one with a scintilla of brain activity believes it.
My Grandfather in law was very politically connected all his life, but he was still stuck in the past. He once told me the election could hinge on the weather because more Democrats were too poor to have shoes and they couldn't walk to the polls in bad weather.

Apparently the Air Jordan's must be mostly sold to Republicans.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
My Grandfather in law was very politically connected all his life, but he was still stuck in the past. He once told me the election could hinge on the weather because more Democrats were too poor to have shoes and they couldn't walk to the polls in bad weather.

Apparently the Air Jordan's must be mostly sold to Republicans.
i must be super poor. i havent had air jordans since the late 80s.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
i must be super poor. i havent had air jordans since the late 80s.
I bought Air Jordans for my cousin last year for basketball, does that count? (At least I think they were, they were some kind of expensive Nike that he has since outgrown)

It was pretty funny... his mother, also my cousin (of course), made a video of him unboxing them. He opens the box, gets big eyes, and explodes, "THANKS MOM!" and throws both arms around her. Man, I wish she had left it at that, because that moment was sweet and that would have been enough for me (well, that and this humble brag). But she made him send me a thank you video, too. She sent me a couple of videos of him playing junior high basketball, too.

Nov 6, 2010
Bernie is going to be tough to beat in the primary. He's got the RNC, the Russian government and last but probably least, his own campaign organization working for him.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

It goes far beyond those things.

Essentially, as an American, we should want every American who wants to vote to be able to vote even if we disagree with them. Rights like that are what people like me served to protect. If you pass laws making it more difficult to vote, especially if those laws affect certain people more than others, then you are putting your personal beliefs in front of the country. I'm not going to go through each and every way that it has occurred to have you say something like, 'Well, exact match laws do make sense. If you have a hyphen in your name on your driver's license, it should be present on your voter registration too since that is your legal name..."
You won't argue it because you know that it should match and you can't argue that. That is why it's called your legal name. If you can't make sure your i.d. matches your birth certificate and then you're registration matches your I.d. then something else is wrong.
Let me guess, they also argue with the legality of clearing the voter rolls? Voter rolls need to be cleared of dead people and people that no longer live where the rolls say they do. This stuff is only common sense.

Here's a little short about voter ID.

https://youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs