1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by sc5mu93, Nov 11, 2011.

1. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Honestly, I am not a fan of Zelda, period. Never have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheOSUDude

TheOSUDude Sheriff

I'm partway through Skyward Sword now, and I love it!! I love everything about it!! The story is epic, the dungeons are a bit challenging, the boss fights feel epic! I also am a fan of the concept of having consistent contact with the story's antagonist, in this case Ghirahim. (And if he's not the main antagonist, don't tell me!!) Ghirahim keeps on showing up, growing more and more agitated with Link each time they meet, for one reason or another, whether it's because Zelda escaped again or he just can't come up with a good plan to carry out his ultimate goal and needs to blow off steam.

I'm also a big fan of the idea of upgrading your items/weapons as you go along and collect materials necessary to do it, so you can buy an Iron Shield and take it and a few other small items to the mechanical guy and he can make your shield more durable (and yes, you have a durability meter, which makes for a little more realism). Speaking of realism, I like the idea of the stamina meter you have. It gets irritating at times, but let's face it, it's more realistic than Link being able to just scale a wall endlessly. At some point you have to figure he's tired and has to rest, even if it it is just for a minute.

It's all great so far! 10/10 as far as I'm concerned.

3. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

I think they should retool the stamina meter for running purposes. It blows my mind that Link can't sprint for longer than 10 seconds.

4. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

He's carrying a lot of stuff. Probably upwards of 50 pounds of gear on that tiny frame. It's hard to sprint for that long with all that stuff :p

5. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

Yet he can swim/spin underwater for close to five minutes without the need for a breath? ;)

I think they got those two parts wrong in the game. I am playing through this slowly because I don't have a lot of spare time, but I am loving it.