The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
SNOPES is confirmed fake news checker
I've never heard criticisms of Snopes, I don't trust them blindly, but following up on cited references shows where someone can make that leap that the Sanders-Iran meme maker made.

It's difficult to find news without any implicit or explicit bias;

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I've never heard criticisms of Snopes, I don't trust them blindly, but following up on cited references shows where someone can make that leap that the Sanders-Iran meme maker made.

It's difficult to find news without any implicit or explicit bias;
Snopes has been under a lot of criticism since the staffing and funding changes. There are now instances on there where democrats and republicans have said the same thing and the democrat told the truth and the republican lied.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Aug 16, 2012
I always thought it was impossible to "have your head up your a$$" but somehow she pulls it off every day.
To which....I cannot believe that candybar ad during the super bowl that had the dude running around with his head up his ass. Never in a million would I have ever thought that would pass as acceptable content

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Odd to see a democrat pushing for limited government, if she's being truthful about it, but if so, more power to her...if true, we NEED more Dems like this. The funny thing is that even though I know nothing about this person, I can say with 100% certainty that she is more qualified than AOC.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/pol...challenge-ocasio-cortez-for-congress/2285594/

Former CNBC anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera will challenge progressive leader Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for her Bronx-Queens seat in Congress, she said on Tuesday.

Caruso-Cabrera told CNBC she will make a primary bid for the seat, which Ocasio-Cortez won in a political earthquake in 2018. The congresswoman, popularly known as AOC, has become a leader of the progressive movement in the Democratic party in her year in Washington.

It was not immediately clear why Caruso-Cabrera, who left her full-time CNBC role in 2018, had decided to take on Ocasio-Cortez.

But her 2010 book, "You Know I'm Right: More Prosperity, Less Government," is a paean to limited government and fiscal conservatism -- a stance that puts her well to the right of AOC, even within the Democratic Party.

“I am the daughter and granddaughter of working class Italian and Cuban immigrants,” Caruso-Cabrera said in a statement. “I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful career and I want everybody to have the opportunity that I’ve had. That’s why I’m running.”

CNBC said in a story posted on its website that Caruso-Cabrera would no longer appear as a contributor on the network.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
But her 2010 book, "You Know I'm Right: More Prosperity, Less Government," is a paean to limited government and fiscal conservatism -- a stance that puts her well to the right of AOC, even within the Democratic Party.
Heck, if she actually means it, it puts her to the right of the Republicans.