The Only Time DOK Mentions OSU Golf... (OU Golf Finishes Third, OSU Fourth In Separate Tournaments)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Oh and that's the only coverage of OSU Golf so far this season.

And then there's the wrestling coverage from the Big 12 Tournament...

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.13.19 AM.png

They rain on the Big 12 title parade with the headline on the left... and then highlight the OU champion on the right without mentioning that OSU named 6 champs at the tournament.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.12.23 AM.png

Then there's this garbage that is just flat out making fun of OSU.

The DOK is garbage... and the editor is garbage. Thanks for being better, @TulsaWorld.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This isn't a Bedlam & Flame post and is relevant to OSU's perception outside of Oklahoma... But y'all can take OSU's internal approach to this and ignore it. That's fine. Site is dying anyway.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The wrestling headlines seem to me like they are trying to grab readers from the OSU and OU fanbases by putting up headlines for each program. And the basketball thing, good....the men's and women's programs should get it rubbed in their faces that they aren't dancing. What exactly are they supposed to write about them at this point? Anyways, whatever with all that. I'm gonna lose a ton of sleep.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
You don't. Just don't read it. Problem solved.
That's not the issue, man! The issue is that the Oklahoma calls itself "The State's Newspaper" and it's not a fair representation of the state's teams.
It's biased and purposely attempts to slight OSU at every opportunity.
To simply say, "Well, stop reading it then." is rather lazy, irresponsible and honestly stupid to say.

If that's the way you feel, then why don't you just stop feeling the need to comment when another Poke fan points out the problem. Is that your answer to problems we face as a nation as well? Just don't pay attention to it?!

The Ouklahoman sucks. I get better coverage of OSU sports in the Tulsa World and Cowboys Ride For Free, but I expect more fairness from "The State's Newspaper". You should too.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That's not the issue, man! The issue is that the Oklahoma calls itself "The State's Newspaper" and it's not a fair representation of the state's teams.
It's biased and purposely attempts to slight OSU at every opportunity.
To simply say, "Well, stop reading it then." is rather lazy, irresponsible and honestly stupid to say.

If that's the way you feel, then why don't you just stop feeling the need to comment when another Poke fan points out the problem. Is that your answer to problems we face as a nation as well? Just don't pay attention to it?!

The Ouklahoman sucks. I get better coverage of OSU sports in the Tulsa World and Cowboys Ride For Free, but I expect more fairness from "The State's Newspaper". You should too.
So please tell us all the ways you're working to change things.

I'm on pins & needles, just dying to hear.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So please tell us all the ways you're working to change things.

I'm on pins & needles, just dying to hear.
Raising awareness of it is a start... There are more OSU alums in Oklahoma than OU alums... And while there are more OU fans, they aren't educated, therefore their income on average lower, therefore they don't typically spend time or money with the paper.

It's time for us, as a fan base, to stop lying down and taking this shit like a bunch of kicked dogs! Our programs, athletes, and fans deserve better!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Raising awareness of it is a start... There are more OSU alums in Oklahoma than OU alums... And while there are more OU fans, they aren't educated, therefore their income on average lower, therefore they don't typically spend time or money with the paper.

It's time for us, as a fan base, to stop lying down and taking this shit like a bunch of kicked dogs! Our programs, athletes, and fans deserve better!
Is this a post from 2001?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Still haven't put anything up. Got the Master's story up. Four Thunder stories. Sooners picked up a commitment for the 2021 class. No news about Hovland's achievement.