This morning's Fox News polls

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
First off...way too early to be pointing towards the general election
Second...Rasmussen is probably the best number as they are the only outfit conducting DAILY tracking polls on POTUS approval numbers

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I will be voting for him in the upcoming election (assuming Republicans in the Senate don't do something extremely stupid) for the reasons you stated. Not that I would ever vote for someone from the Democrat party, in its current iteration. But, I was content with "throwing my vote away" and writing someone in again. But the Democrats have made me very angry. And I have a hunch that there are more people like me than there are people who won't vote for Trump again.
My wife and I are right there with you. Both of us are registered independents, didnt vote for him last time, but will be this time. That makes four of us just in this thread!

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This morning's Fox News presidential polls (RealClearPolitics) show the top 6 Democratic candidates all beating Trump by between 1-9 points. I am wondering what you think will happen when a single candidate is announced and Dems (most) coalesce behind that candidate. Your thoughts?
This shit right here is why you lost in 2016 and it’s why those of us in the middle won’t back you in 2020. It’s like the democrats have purposefully refused to learn any lessons from four years ago. Maybe whoever gets the nod will beat Trump, but god damn, you make it hard on yourself.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The irony of the whole thing is the Democrats are accusing Trump of election interference but that's exactly what they are hoping to do with this impeachment.

Oct 30, 2007
This morning's Fox News presidential polls (RealClearPolitics) show the top 6 Democratic candidates all beating Trump by between 1-9 points. I am wondering what you think will happen when a single candidate is announced and Dems (most) coalesce behind that candidate. Your thoughts?
Trump is an anomaly when it comes to polls. His favorability rating was only polling at 37% going into the 2016 election. His approval rating has pushed up to an all-time high of 45%. So it appears that he has more support now than when he won the last election.

IMO, Trump is almost guaranteed a second term if Warren or Sanders win the candidacy. Biden could give him a run for his money, especially if we see any type of significant economic downturn between now and the election.

It should be interesting to watch. :popcorn:

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
WHITE HOUSE
Nickname and shame: Trump taunts his 2020 Democratic rivals
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/02/2020-democrats-trump-nicknames-856800
The president hopes to shape the images — and psychology — of his would-be challengers just as he did to his 2016 GOP rivals. But some may welcome the attention.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 10/02/2018 05:04 AM EDT

“Crazy Bernie.” “Pocahontas.” “One Percent Biden.”

President Donald Trump, who humiliated his 2016 Republican opponents with sticky monikers like “Lyin Ted” Cruz, “Lil Marco” Rubio and "low energy” Jeb Bush, is already salting the earth for Democrats lining up to run in 2020.

“They got some real beauties going,” Trump said at a Monday rally in Johnson City, Tenn., after slamming several potential Democratic contenders by name.

It’s an unusual approach: Sitting presidents rarely seek to play a spoiler role in the opposing party’s nominating contests. But Trump has never been deterred by historical codes of conduct.

“He is a man who charges into the arena and dictates the terms of the contest,” said Brian O. Walsh, president of the pro-Trump group America First Action. “I would expect the same in 2020 across the board.”

In Trump’s parlance, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who challenged Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic primaries, is “Crazy Bernie.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is “Pocahontas,” a reference to a decades-old claim she made to partial Native-American heritage. And “One percent Biden” refers to former Vice President Joe Biden’s ill-fated bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Trump also attacked Warren on Monday, as well as at his Saturday event. “They have been taken so far left where Pocahontas is now considered a conservative in the Democrat Party,” Trump said.

“Oh, I dream of these people every night,” the president confided to his West Virginia audience. “The only thing I worry about is that some total unknown that nobody ever heard of comes along.”
Just wondering...when did childish name calling and schoolyard bullying become acceptable behavior in American politics?

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Yes we have been reminded of the popular vote many times. That doesn't count for anything.

Some, like myself, aren't necessarily ashamed of voting for Trump, but know we will offend those who don't agree with us, so I keep it to myself.

I was sure Trump wouldn't win the first time. Given the benefit of hindsight, you seem surprisingly cocky about the results this time. The thing Trump and Obama both reminded us, you don't have to be liked by a majority of Americans, just LOVED by about 20%.

Incumbents have a pretty good track record with the economy is going well. Despite what your lefty websites may be telling you, the economy is going well.
Two thoughts: 1. I don't recall predicting that the Dems will win, and 2. Realclearpolitics.com isn't a lefty website.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I find it very simple.
https://www.oddsshark.com/other/2020-usa-presidential-odds-futures
1). Money talks. Odds are heavy on Trump.
2). Bernie is the only candidate that can draw over 1,000 folks to hear him. While Trump sells out crowds everywhere. With thousands more waiting outside the main event just to watch on jumbotrons.
3). Yahoo news is a collection of every liberal outlet all in one place. In the comment sections even there, Trump supporters are out commenting non Trump fans at 100’s to one.
4). Independents like me that didn’t want to vote for either party, will come out to vote for him this time to show our anger at the impeachment costs and at the willingness of the dnc to try to slow the advancement of Americans first at every turn. If they would’ve worked with the repubs the last 3 years, America would be churning on all cylinders and issues such as healthcare, education and immigration and could’ve all been on paths to greatness of unseen before highs. Therefore giving themselves a boost as well as the right.
5.) Lastly, we are so turned off at the amount of hate and venom that was displayed by our media outlets, the unwavering lies by biased journalists, the fake outrage of self diluted celebrities and the outright vanity of social justice warriors and the fake pc culture they brought with them. Only a democrat can evolve from blackface college days but no Republican can.
How can you, ksupoke, McKeen the Cowpoke possibly support a mass liar like Trump? Are you all ignorant or forgetful of the fact that ObamaCare could have been abolished if Republican McCain had cooperated? If Trump wins and Democrats keep the House, things won't get any better about health care, immigration and education. If you don't like the hate and venom on the media outlets then change the channel to Fox News and love Sean Hannity for starters.

And I can only assume you pretty strongly believe that Trump was right for wanting military aid to Ukraine withheld until that country agreed to investigate Biden for corruption. It's simply how the game of politics is played and Democrats would likely play it, too. But it's against election law and Democrats should have been harping on making Trump pay a fine. I'm still proud I had the good sense not to vote for Trump and still won't.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I will be voting for him in the upcoming election (assuming Republicans in the Senate don't do something extremely stupid) for the reasons you stated. Not that I would ever vote for someone from the Democrat party, in its current iteration. But, I was content with "throwing my vote away" and writing someone in again. But the Democrats have made me very angry. And I have a hunch that there are more people like me than there are people who won't vote for Trump again.
My wife and I are right there with you. Both of us are registered independents, didnt vote for him last time, but will be this time. That makes four of us just in this thread!
Lefties here will probably say that if you aren't a lefty then you are lying. And you'll either stay home or you really did vote Trump last time and were scared to let people know.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
WHITE HOUSE
Nickname and shame: Trump taunts his 2020 Democratic rivals
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/02/2020-democrats-trump-nicknames-856800
The president hopes to shape the images — and psychology — of his would-be challengers just as he did to his 2016 GOP rivals. But some may welcome the attention.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 10/02/2018 05:04 AM EDT

“Crazy Bernie.” “Pocahontas.” “One Percent Biden.”

President Donald Trump, who humiliated his 2016 Republican opponents with sticky monikers like “Lyin Ted” Cruz, “Lil Marco” Rubio and "low energy” Jeb Bush, is already salting the earth for Democrats lining up to run in 2020.

“They got some real beauties going,” Trump said at a Monday rally in Johnson City, Tenn., after slamming several potential Democratic contenders by name.

It’s an unusual approach: Sitting presidents rarely seek to play a spoiler role in the opposing party’s nominating contests. But Trump has never been deterred by historical codes of conduct.

“He is a man who charges into the arena and dictates the terms of the contest,” said Brian O. Walsh, president of the pro-Trump group America First Action. “I would expect the same in 2020 across the board.”

In Trump’s parlance, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who challenged Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic primaries, is “Crazy Bernie.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is “Pocahontas,” a reference to a decades-old claim she made to partial Native-American heritage. And “One percent Biden” refers to former Vice President Joe Biden’s ill-fated bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Trump also attacked Warren on Monday, as well as at his Saturday event. “They have been taken so far left where Pocahontas is now considered a conservative in the Democrat Party,” Trump said.

“Oh, I dream of these people every night,” the president confided to his West Virginia audience. “The only thing I worry about is that some total unknown that nobody ever heard of comes along.”
Just wondering...when did childish name calling and schoolyard bullying become acceptable behavior in American politics?
Hmm, I seem to remember from history class that it went on in the 1800's also. So a longtime.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2011
NEW HAMPSHIRE POLLS SUMMER 2016:

Quinnipiac7/23 - 7/28 Clinton +12
McClatchy/Marist7/22 - 7/28 Clinton +16
CNN/Opinion Research7/22 - 7/25 Clinton +16
PPP (D)7/20 - 7/21 Clinton +13
USA Today/Suffolk7/9 - 7/12 Clinton +17
CNN/Opinion Research6/26 - 6/28 Clinton +24
FOX News6/21 - 6/23 Clinton +17
Quinnipiac5/19 - 5/26 Clinton +18

NEW HAMPSHIRE POLLS NOV 2016:

Bloomberg11/4 - 11/6 Clinton +3
IBD/TIPP Tracking11/4 - 11/7 Clinton +1
Economist/YouGov11/4 - 11/7 Clinton +4
LA Times/USC Tracking11/1 - 11/7 Trump +3
ABC/Wash Post Tracking11/3 - 11/6 Clinton +3
FOX News11/3 - 11/6 Clinton +4
Monmouth11/3 - 11/6 Clinton +6
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl11/3 - 11/5 Clinton +5
CBS News11/2 - 11/6 Clinton +4

ACTUAL NH VOTE COUNT:
Clinton 46.8
Trump 46.5

Clinton +0.3

I had a pollster actually call me once during an election year. Do you know what I told them?

"...click."

Much like @McKeen the Cowpoke and @UrbanCowboy1 , the extremist democrats have talked me into voting for Trump for the first time.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Well, there is no arena where what is acceptable is more readily apparent than politics. People actually vote on acceptability in politics instead of just having an opinion like in other arenas. So, the obvious answer to your question is that it becomes acceptable when a candidate that tries it wins.

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
You are proud and you do have good sense and you are very humble, you got a lot going for you for sure. You are not deplorable, not a traitor, not a Bible believer, not an America Firster or a gun toter.You my man are a high flyer and a Harvard type thinker. CONGRATS!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
July 4th, 1776, seriously, read a history book...the only difference is fast mass media. Certainly it's been divisive lately, but this isn't really anything new...just more reported on and more widespread throughout the populace due to that media.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
July 4th, 1776, seriously, read a history book...the only difference is fast mass media.
Whether the words of the time back then were considered as vulgar as what our president now says I'll leave to the historians, but don't even try to pretend that what he has done has been acceptable and normal for politicians in modern times. Doing that disrespects the honorable ones. Can you really see Reagan or Bush or Carter talking about a woman's menstrual period or making fun of a disabled person? You may rationalize his actions as acceptable because you like his politics. But, let's be real, if Trump had stayed a democrat, and won the election as a democrat, and acted just as he is now doing but was promoting democrat policies, you would be on here stating that he is proof of the absolute moral decline of our society instead of defending him.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
July 4th, 1776, seriously, read a history book...the only difference is fast mass media. Certainly it's been divisive lately, but this isn't really anything new...just more reported on and more widespread throughout the populace due to that media.
Preston Brooks beat Charles Sumner with a cane on the floor of the Senate. He resigned but was reelected later that summer in a special election.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Two thoughts: 1. I don't recall predicting that the Dems will win, and 2. Realclearpolitics.com isn't a lefty website.
I thought maybe it was implied when you site a source telling of Trump trailing in the polls. Why else start a thread with polls showing him trailing if not predicting a loss?

Realclearpolitics wasn't talking about the economy. I was referring to my guess that you may believe the economy isn't going well if you do look at lefty sites.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Whether the words of the time back then were considered as vulgar as what our president now says I'll leave to the historians, but don't even try to pretend that what he has done has been acceptable and normal for politicians in modern times. Doing that disrespects the honorable ones. Can you really see Reagan or Bush or Carter talking about a woman's menstrual period or making fun of a disabled person? You may rationalize his actions as acceptable because you like his politics. But, let's be real, if Trump had stayed a democrat, and won the election as a democrat, and acted just as he is now doing but was promoting democrat policies, you would be on here stating that he is proof of the absolute moral decline of our society instead of defending him.
And he would have been impeached in his first year in office.