Thread For 'Ol Joe: It's Time

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Didn't watch last night, but damn, he's getting harder & harder to watch. It's like watching Lee Corso struggle through College Gameday.

A beauty from last night:
Near the end of the debate, Biden answered a question about the legacy of slavery and segregation with a rambling discourse that touched on mortgage policies, teacher salaries, parental responsibility and circled around to Venezuela.

Biden: “Well, they have to deal with — look, there’s institutional segregation in this country. And from the time I got involved, I started dealing with that. Redlining, banks, making sure we are in a position where — look, you talk about education. I propose that what we take is those very poor schools, the Title I schools, triple the amount of money we spend from $15 to $45 billion a year. Give every single teacher a raise to the equal raise of, getting out—the $60,000 level. Number two, make sure that we bring in to help the teachers deal with the problems that come from home. The problems that come from home, we need — we have one school psychologist for every 1,500 kids in America today. It’s crazy. The teachers are — I’m married to a teacher, my deceased wife is a teacher. They have every problem coming to them. We have to make sure that every single child does, in fact, have 3, 4 and 5-year-olds go to school. School. Not day care, school. We bring social workers into homes and parents, to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help, they don’t know quite what to do. Play the radio, make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night, the phone — make sure that kids hear words, a kid coming from a very poor school — a very poor background will hear 4 million words fewer spoken by the time they get there. There’s so much –”
Moderator: “Thank you, Mr. Vice president. “
Biden: “No, I’m going to go like the rest of them do, twice over. OK? Because here’s the deal. The deal is that we’ve got this a little backwards. And by the way, in Venezuela, we should be allowing people to come here from Venezuela. I know Maduro. I’ve confronted Maduro. Number two, you talk about the need to do something in Latin America. I’m the guy that came up with $740 million, to see to it those three countries, in fact, changed their system so people don’t have a chance to leave. You’re all acting like we just discovered this yesterday. Thank you very much.”

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Biden has been in government for 5 decades. If there is still institutional segregation in this country then maybe he's proven he's not the right person to deal with it.

Trump has been in government for 3 years and minority unemployment is at record lows. Hmm, who best to deal with this problem, what a tough decision. :rolleyes:

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Biden has been in government for 5 decades. If there is still institutional segregation in this country then maybe he's proven he's not the right person to deal with it.

Trump has been in government for 3 years and minority unemployment is at record lows. Hmm, who best to deal with this problem, what a tough decision. :rolleyes:
This is the amazing thing with his & Beto's campaigns. They've both literally said "rich white guys have screwed things up for way too long...., but I'm the rich white guy (in Biden's case I've also been part of the system over half a century) you need to elect to fix it!"

One of the stranger campaign pitches I can ever recall.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
What about an answering machine? Don't I have a right to have a free answering machine???

You aren't gonna need one because you're gonna be at home because you won't be at work because there won't be any jobs. Answering machines will be obsolete.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
He reminds me of Chevy chase in spies like us. He comes out and gives a briefing for a couple minutes and talks but says absolutely nothing.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I'm going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it! Vinyl is coming back strong, and high quality record players are hard to find and expensive. We need 57 pages of record player jokes like AOC's now! Lol

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it! Vinyl is coming back strong, and high quality record players are hard to find and expensive. We need 57 pages of record player jokes like AOC's now! Lol
I cringe at a lot of stuff Trump says or Tweets, but seriously, I almost feel sorry for Biden watching him.

I deal with patients every single day with cognitive issues (TIA's, etc...) & he honestly exhibits some of their behaviors. One of THE most common ones is difficulty with word finding, & he sounds ALOT like one of those patients.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I cringe at a lot of stuff Trump says or Tweets, but seriously, I almost feel sorry for Biden watching him.

I deal with patients every single day with cognitive issues (TIA's, etc...) & he honestly exhibits some of their behaviors. One of THE most common ones is difficulty with word finding, & he sounds ALOT like one of those patients.
And Trump makes perfect sense? Right?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
And Trump makes perfect sense? Right?
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I WANT Biden to win the nomination, genius.

His rambling is becoming more & more of an issue the more appearances he makes, & it's been reported on now for months. It's not just me saying this, it's been out there awhile & his campaign has clearly limited his appearances.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Don't you know that cracking jokes about one politician means that you blindly follow and support EVERYTHING about their opponent???

Seriously, Beto said it last night...anyone who supports ANYTHING about the current administration's stance on immigration is racist.

It is a dangerous view point, and it seems to be the norm now.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Don't you know that cracking jokes about one politician means that you blindly follow and support EVERYTHING about their opponent???

Seriously, Beto said it last night...anyone who supports ANYTHING about the current administration's stance on immigration is racist.

It is a dangerous view point, and it seems to be the norm now.
& the only thing you can call that point of view is support of open borders. What he's saying is in direct opposition to what our Presidents have said going back to Reagan, Repubs & Dems both.