Trump selects Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I like the pick and what he has said in the past. Seems pretty straight forward and not an activist judge
So, what you're saying is he's a Nazi. I feel pretty confident I'll see that one from the uber left...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Prepare for Bork x10 from the left. Absolute armageddon from the left should be expected but if Republicans hold firm, they should be able to confirm him while also forcing red state Dems to vote either way.
the "left" is irrelevant in this nomination... slam dunk appointment is in short order.

For those of us hoping that Trump would swing for the fence... this is probably a ground rule double... better than Kennedy... and hopefully "good enough" in the long run.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
the "left" is irrelevant in this nomination... slam dunk appointment is in short order.

For those of us hoping that Trump would swing for the fence... this is probably a ground rule double... better than Kennedy... and hopefully "good enough" in the long run.
Great for the second ammendment thought but unknown on abortion really. We get him in and we wont have to worry about encroachment by gun control loonies for the next 30-40 years. Wouldnt be opposed to clarence thomas retiring after the midterms while republicans hold onto the senate.

Nov 26, 2008
I already died from net neutrality ending and my family is away at the re-education camps to become Handmaidens so I don't care one way or another who ended up being the selection

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
So, what you're saying is he's a Nazi. I feel pretty confident I'll see that one from the uber left...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The left wouldn't vote for Jesus if Trump nominated him.....

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Seems more likely he was picked because of his belief that President should not be indicted while in office.
hmm... his believe that "the Constitution" does not support indictment while in office.

His belief is that impeachment exists for that purpose, which is the role of Congress (not a judge)

"If the President does something dastardly, the impeachment process is available," Kavanaugh wrote in the Minnesota Law Review in 2009. "No single prosecutor, judge, or jury should be able to accomplish what the Constitution assigns to the Congress."

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
hmm... his believe that "the Constitution" does not support indictment while in office.

His belief is that impeachment exists for that purpose, which is the role of Congress (not a judge)

"If the President does something dastardly, the impeachment process is available," Kavanaugh wrote in the Minnesota Law Review in 2009. "No single prosecutor, judge, or jury should be able to accomplish what the Constitution assigns to the Congress."
Let's be honest here, if you own the House, Senate, President, and now the Supreme Court what are the realistic chances that this President could literally shoot someone on 5th Avenue and NOTHING would happen? Impeachment? Not a chance. But being able to pick yourself a favorable judge personally, check! Sweet deal indeed!

Oct 30, 2007
Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves. Checks and balances my ass.
Our founding fathers would've wanted a strict constitutionalist who would interpret the law as written without any political bias. What has Kavanaugh done that makes you believe he won't fit that mold?

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
No I think that the Founders are glad to see the Supreme Court return to its original role of judging the law as written.
Well I sure hope and pray that if I ever get in legal trouble that I can effectively silence my prosecutors and interview and select my own judge!