Tucker Carlson is Fake News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Below is the context for those that care:

“Senator Duckworth was asked if we should tear down statues of George Washington,” the Fox host said. “We played that for you last night and we noted how grotesque it was. Only someone who hates the country would suggest ripping down monuments to its founder.”

“George Washington was a genuinely great man. But to morons like Tammy Duckworth, Washington was just some old white guy who needs to be erased.”

“Yet Duckworth is too afraid to defend her own statements on a TV show, what a coward. Tammy Duckworth is also a fraud.”

“You’re not supposed to criticize Tammy Duckworth in any way because she once served in the military,” he added. “Most people just ignore her. But when Duckworth does speak in public, you’re reminded what a deeply silly and unimpressive person she is.”

“And when vandals like Tammy Duckworth and Ilhan Omar tell us that we’re not allowed to question their patriotism, even as they scream about how horrible America is, we have every right to laugh in their faces, and we should,” Mr. Carlson said.
Really the only one I mentioned that was not a direct shot at Duckworth was "grotesque". The others were directly in context.

Also, I like how her saying "we need to have a national dialogue" about statues is spun into her being a "vandal" and the basis for her "hating America". Listening to the American people's opinions is literally the basis of what a politicians job is.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Really the only one I mentioned that was not a direct shot at Duckworth was "grotesque". The others were directly in context.

Also, I like how her saying "we need to have a national dialogue" about statues is spun into her being a "vandal" and the basis for her "hating America". Listening to the American people's opinions is literally the basis of what a politicians job is.
I don’t know man. Aren’t there some things that should be rejected out of hand? Does the country really need to have a serious dialogue about tearing down Washington memorials? I’m not a TC fan but I have a hard time not agreeing with him that kow-towing to these kooks is cowardly, moronic, and silly.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I don’t know man. Aren’t there some things that should be rejected out of hand? Does the country really need to have a serious dialogue about tearing down Washington memorials? I’m not a TC fan but I have a hard time not agreeing with him that kow-towing to these kooks is cowardly, moronic, and silly.
Well in honor of your need of "context" she simply brushed the question about the statues aside with a quick broad "we need to have a national dialogue about statues" then immediately changed the subject to the pandemic, soldiers, bounties, and POTUS 4th speech.

So I don't think we should read a whole whole lot into that comment when it was clearly a quick punt answer. To try to spin those words into saying she supports tearing Washington statues down and that she hates the founders is ridiculous.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Well in honor of your need of "context" she simply brushed the question about the statues aside with a quick broad "we need to have a national dialogue about statues" then immediately changed the subject to the pandemic, soldiers, bounties, and POTUS 4th speech.

So I don't think we should read a whole whole lot into that comment when it was clearly a quick punt answer. To try to spin those words into saying she supports tearing Washington statues down and that she hates the founders is ridiculous.
I posted her answer in quotes earlier so I provided the context. Punting on a gimme answer because you’re afraid of offending kooks is pretty cowardly, do you not agree? And she’s been going back and forth with TC and has had plenty of time to come out and say it’s stupid to even discuss tearing down GW statues. So is she not doing it because she’s cowardly or because she empathizes with it?

Jul 22, 2011
Let me know when you stand up to the GOP saying that the looters and anarchists are the Democratic "base". Ted Cruz just said as much.

Both sides do the same thing. Point out the worst in the other and project that onto the entire side. If that offends you then you are too emotionally attached to one side. If you only see one side doing it then you are clearly biased.
Did Cruz say this in an article I can read or a book I can buy or maybe a podcast to which I can subscribe?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Did Cruz say this in an article I can read or a book I can buy or maybe a podcast to which I can subscribe?
I tried to find a quote from Cruz where he says the rioters are the Dem base but to no avail. Maybe someone else can find it. I did see where he said the response to the riots were unmasking Dem leaders.

Jun 15, 2020
Tulsa
Tucker Carlson who is a Ivy League trust fund baby called Tammy Duckworth a 'coward'. She lost her legs in combat while flying a Black Hawk Helicopter. Also continued to serve after that. She served along side her husband. Also her father was a Marine.

The fact his show of rallying against the 'Liberal Elite' is so popular just shows you how easy it is to distract the average American. He and the President are literally coastal elite from generations of wealth.
Tammy Duckworth is liberal garbage...
did you read about her VA hospital scandal??
Read it, she doesn’t care about those poor VA hospital veterans....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I'm gonna pick on you for a minute.

You and people like you are why Trump was elected. People are sick of this shit, and I don't mean a little bit. There are a dozen reasons to not like Trump. He's a pompous windbag, and he's a worse person. I wouldn't want to have a cup of coffee with the guy, ever, for any reason. I have no desire to watch his speeches except for the comedic value, but people like you that keep calling him a racist, and an anti-semite and try to tie him to the worst of his supporters, like Duke, is just beyond stupid. It's moronic. It's not ignorance, it's beyond stupidity.

There are dozens of reasons to not vote for him, none of which is greater than the revulsion caused by you and people like you when you do these things.
Let me know when you stand up to the GOP saying that the looters and anarchists are the Democratic "base". Ted Cruz just said as much.

Both sides do the same thing. Point out the worst in the other and project that onto the entire side. If that offends you then you are too emotionally attached to one side. If you only see one side doing it then you are clearly biased.
Question:

How many public “white supremacists” illegal acts have been documented in the past 5 years?

How many public liberal leaning violent/murderous/looting/vandalizing acts have been documented in the last 5 years?

I don’t root for either side, but I know which side is the biggest winner. Something like 150-0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Below is the context for those that care:

“Senator Duckworth was asked if we should tear down statues of George Washington,” the Fox host said. “We played that for you last night and we noted how grotesque it was. Only someone who hates the country would suggest ripping down monuments to its founder.”

“George Washington was a genuinely great man. But to morons like Tammy Duckworth, Washington was just some old white guy who needs to be erased.”

“Yet Duckworth is too afraid to defend her own statements on a TV show, what a coward. Tammy Duckworth is also a fraud.”

“You’re not supposed to criticize Tammy Duckworth in any way because she once served in the military,” he added. “Most people just ignore her. But when Duckworth does speak in public, you’re reminded what a deeply silly and unimpressive person she is.”

“And when vandals like Tammy Duckworth and Ilhan Omar tell us that we’re not allowed to question their patriotism, even as they scream about how horrible America is, we have every right to laugh in their faces, and we should,” Mr. Carlson said.

Perhaps we should have a national conversation about jailing liberals.

Dude, there are some things unworthy of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Isn't Duckworth the person holding up something like 1100 military promotions at the moment. Thought I saw a headline about that but didn't read the article. If that's true it would be hard for me to respect her as person, even though I still respect her service.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Isn't Duckworth the person holding up something like 1100 military promotions at the moment. Thought I saw a headline about that but didn't read the article. If that's true it would be hard for me to respect her as person, even though I still respect her service.
She with held them because the Pentagon and WH wouldn't confirm if Lt Col Vindman would remain on the promotions list and be allowed to promote. She said until it is confirmed he is allowed to promote per process he was due she wouldn't move forward.

With his retirement announced yesterday I doubt she will hold them much longer

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
She with held them because the Pentagon and WH wouldn't confirm if Lt Col Vindman would remain on the promotions list and be allowed to promote. She said until it is confirmed he is allowed to promote per process he was due she wouldn't move forward.

With his retirement announced yesterday I doubt she will hold them much longer
That would be like protesting a murder by going out and committing a thousand of them....I'm sorry but you done lost the high ground at that point.