TV/Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I haven’t been able to watch the games this weekend, but I have been impressed with Thompson at 3rd so far. Are we talking about one bad game? Or has he really been that bad of a train wreck this week?

I’m still not concerned about our bats, and I’m not really concerned much about our defense. I think we’ll have a very good offense, and a solid defense. I’m just still worried about starting pitching. I want Standlee in the rotation, and maybe Davis too. After the way Bowman and Cheney looked last week, I would let them as well as Osmond and/or Campbell audition for your fireman/middle relief/long relief roles. I think Cable has the makings of being a decent set up guy personally.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
So we had 7 Ks Friday and just 3 Ks yesterday. We’re hitting the ball hard but right at someone this weekend. When we have RISP we just can’t get one to squeeze through. Yesterday Illinois first baseman made 2 plays that could be his best 2 plays of this season. Pitching yesterday was pretty good but no run support and not even a threat until the bottom of the 9th.

Get those Aggies!

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
I haven’t been able to watch the games this weekend, but I have been impressed with Thompson at 3rd so far. Are we talking about one bad game? Or has he really been that bad of a train wreck this week?

I’m still not concerned about our bats, and I’m not really concerned much about our defense. I think we’ll have a very good offense, and a solid defense. I’m just still worried about starting pitching. I want Standlee in the rotation, and maybe Davis too. After the way Bowman and Cheney looked last week, I would let them as well as Osmond and/or Campbell audition for your fireman/middle relief/long relief roles. I think Cable has the makings of being a decent set up guy personally.
He has not looked comfortable in the position all so far this weekend. I had thought watching some of the earlier games on tv that the one long hop throws were actually being coached but seeing him in person, he is aiming the ball and throwing them short, especially when he has time to think instead of just picking them and throwing. . Been setting about 30 feet from him during the games so I’ve had a pretty good view of him. He is a good hitter and we need his bat in the lineup, but his body language says he’s not a third baseman.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
He has not looked comfortable in the position all so far this weekend. I had thought watching some of the earlier games on tv that the one long hop throws were actually being coached but seeing him in person, he is aiming the ball and throwing them short, especially when he has time to think instead of just picking them and throwing. . Been setting about 30 feet from him during the games so I’ve had a pretty good view of him. He is a good hitter and we need his bat in the lineup, but his body language says he’s not a third baseman.
Interesting. Kind of what we did early last year with Navigato. Wonder if we should just switch Thompson and Polcovich.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
FWIW, I’m in the park, the wind speed is way up today, but it seems to swirl more than it did the previous two days when it was consistent to the LF foul pole. May play a bigger role in high hits today.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
What’s your take on the team so far this year MattBob?
It’s early. One weekend doesn’t mean anything. We need more consistency from starting pitching, but otherwise, I think we are solid. A win today vs a struggling aTm and the general tone of our fans would change, but we won’t be any better or worse. It just feels that way when you win.

Aug 1, 2008
Remember, RV was a great 3rd baseman. Hopefully he can get Thompson straightened out.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Really impressed with UCLA. Very solid defensively, a lot of speed and a great hitting team. No big swings, smooth, lots of line drives, just solid fundamental station to station baseball.