Tyrell Alexander

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Didn't see anything posted about him entering the portal as a grad transfer. I remember he was a pretty highly sought after recruit, just couldn't quite crack the depth chart here. Had the misfortune of a ton of really good WR depth in his time here, so no shame in that. Glad to see he has graduated and has another year to move on somewhere and get another opportunity. This one seems like a win win and a good use of the portal. He has a chance to go somewhere and get an opportunity, we reclaim a scholarship that can be awarded to a walk on or a transfer. Hoping he does well wherever he goes.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Didn't see anything posted about him entering the portal as a grad transfer. I remember he was a pretty highly sought after recruit, just couldn't quite crack the depth chart here. Had the misfortune of a ton of really good WR depth in his time here, so no shame in that. Glad to see he has graduated and has another year to move on somewhere and get another opportunity. This one seems like a win win and a good use of the portal. He has a chance to go somewhere and get an opportunity, we reclaim a scholarship that can be awarded to a walk on or a transfer. Hoping he does well wherever he goes.
Kevin Henry chose Tulane. Injuries derailed his career here and he would of been behind Rodriguez, Harper, Bundage, and Ogbongbemiga. Now since he took care of business and got his degree he can go home, likely start/play more and earn a degree from Tulane. That’s pretty cool to me and shows what the transfer portal was probably originally designed too do.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
FYI you don’t get to reclaim scholarships of players that leave for the portal. In fact Gundy had a mini rant about this very thing last year in an interview. You get to bring in 25 players a year no matter how many you lose to the portal. That’s 25 from high school and juco and transfers in. However we are still a little over the 85 max player limit if we bring in our full 25 this year so losing Alexander does help with that. Expect a couple more to leave before fall camp for the same reason.

Jan 14, 2006
LC Greenwood entered the portal today. Pretty much the same situation as Tyrell. The guy is good enough to be a starter somewhere. Hope he goes somewhere and tears it up.

Jan 14, 2006
Side note: JD King rushed for 800 yards and 8 TDs at Georgia Southern and was honorable mention all conference. Hopefully these guys can find the same success.

Aug 19, 2006
Agree completely. We've had A LOT of guys transfer out this cycle. It's easy to be upset about that but they're just trying to find playing time somewhere. They've obviously done the math and worked out it's not likely to happen at OSU based on the talent in front of them. Can't blame them for exploring opportunities elsewhere.

I'd be completely fine with the transfer portal arrangement if the NCAA would just make the change Gundy keeps asking for. Let a school pick up as many transfers as it loses in a cycle. It's the only way to keep the rosters even.

Jan 14, 2006
Agree completely. We've had A LOT of guys transfer out this cycle. It's easy to be upset about that but they're just trying to find playing time somewhere. They've obviously done the math and worked out it's not likely to happen at OSU based on the talent in front of them. Can't blame them for exploring opportunities elsewhere.

I'd be completely fine with the transfer portal arrangement if the NCAA would just make the change Gundy keeps asking for. Let a school pick up as many transfers as it loses in a cycle. It's the only way to keep the rosters even.
And for those worried about the program because of the transfers, we are still one over our 85 player limit if we take a full class. IMOn this speaks how solid the program is since we aren't losing guys for other reasons.

Mar 31, 2011
McKaufman is the one I had really high hopes for and is now in the portal. You also have to remember, if I remember correctly, that they can always choose to stay!

Aug 19, 2006
And for those worried about the program because of the transfers, we are still one over our 85 player limit if we take a full class. IMOn this speaks how solid the program is since we aren't losing guys for other reasons.
Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't realize that was the case. I just assumed the number of transfers we've had exceeded the number of new recruits we could sign in this class. As long as we're still at 85 then we're fine.

Another way of looking at this is the transfers give us an opportunity to trade up. If the players choosing to leave the program weren't good enough to get playing time here, maybe their replacements will be.

I wish them well. Hopefully they'll find success wherever they end up. As long as it's not in Norman!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
I think that leaves us with 7 returning scholarship WR's with 3 of them being Seniors. I hope we don't lose anyone else to the portal at that position.

Need at least 1 of the 3 signed WR's to get some playing time next year or a portal player for 2021. If not, we will have to start utilizing the Cowboy Back. :runaway::lol:

Feb 15, 2017
Texas

If they let you replace a portal for a portal it will just ENCOURAGE more transfers. Right now if all schools took 25 HS players then There would be NO spots for any transfer at any school. That would shut down the madness