1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Vote!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Pokefan, Feb 5, 2008.

1. im4okst

im4okst Protecting this house. A/V Subscriber

Re: Vote!

PokeHopper, so I take it you don't think any candidate is "the man for the job"?

2. PokeHopper

PokeHopper Deputy

I didn't say that, did I?

3. im4okst

im4okst Protecting this house. A/V Subscriber

To be honest, I don't know what you said other than you have the right to bitch for things you made no effort to fix or change.

4. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Territorial Marshal

It's laughable, listen to the pre-election promises from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s...literally anytime in history and the rhetoric is exactly the same as the tripe being spoken now. Just fine lines between either party with no intention of fullfilling the promises unless it keeps them in office. It would be interesting to have a huge majority of the population just decide they wouldn't pay tax until it was addressed to the majoritys demands. What the hell could they do? There aren't enough prisons around to put everyone in one.

5. ostatedan

ostatedan Sheriff

I agree. I think you can complain even if you don't vote if your reason for voting is disapproval of both candidates. I think refusing to vote for two candidates you don't agree with is exercising your right not to vote. I've voted in every presidential election I've been able to, but it's been hard at times. I voted for Kerry only to vote against Bush. I was very close to not voting at all because neither candidate was very good in my opinion. I would have the right to complain considering my problem was with the choice of candidates. If you don't vote, the only argument you can't make is that we'd be better under the other guy.

6. FrankStallone83

FrankStallone83 Sheriff

It wouldn't suprise me at all if this happens in the next 100 years.

7. Erick

Erick Master in the art of Gem├╝tlichkeit

I agree with everything you said here.

Are you dense, man? Let me spell it out for you.

1. Vote for a candidate that best represents your views.
    2. If the person that you voted for wins, and fails your expectations, don't vote for him no mo. (Form the movie The Man That Shot Liberty Valance)
    3. If no candidate is acceptable, run yourself.
    4. If you are in a majority, you win. If your views are not like the majority's , you loose.
    5. In none of the above, don't vote and complain about everything on a sports message board.

8. GoPokes82

GoPokes82 Sheriff

Sure, there aren't enough prisons going around, but they can garnish your wages.

9. OKCPoke

Point being who's gonna collect them and what's the penalty? Threats? With hold Social Security? I mean, what can they really do if the majority tells em to shove it?

10. OKCPoke

It needs to happen tomorrow.

11. GoPokes82

GoPokes82 Sheriff

When I looked at my last paystub, it had already taken out my federal and state income taxes. I can't stop it, it's done already. It would be a simple, but lengthly, process to have even more taxes taken out.

12. PokeHopper

PokeHopper Deputy

And you know this of me, how? :rolleyes: Quit trying to make it sound like I am saying something other than what I typed out here. Go back and read my first post.....that should clear it up for you.

13. Cowboy916

Cowboy916 Sheriff

I Voted!! Yay for me! :)

14. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Territorial Marshal

Ummmm...I didn't vote in the primary but I'll be voting in the general election. Does that mean I can still bitch for the next four years?

15. PokeHopper

PokeHopper Deputy

1. Why? If the best they can do is but one thing I could agree with, why would I vote to put them in office?

2. I do just that.

3. I guess you have no clue how you get elected in the country. Besides, I am not the type, contrary to what you my think from this thread.

4. See above where you agreed with what I said.

5. What exactly did I complain about? Other than the fact that I think anyone has the right to complain even if they do not vote.

16. FrankStallone83

FrankStallone83 Sheriff

i agree but it will take more than just a few of us enlightened souls;). It won't happen until the poor can no longer afford necessities.

17. OKCPoke

All I see they would do by taking more is make more people go on welfare, they would quit earning money and the economy would tank, no one to pay taxes. Now who do they collect from? Plus, everyone that is unemployed floods the government offices in protest, these govt officials couldn't even get into their offices. Point is, nothing is going to change until these govt officials are held accountable for their promises without using other officials as an excuse of nonperformance. Change term limits to 1 year and sooner if their progress is not significant. How long would your employer pay you if you didn't perform, make him money? I doubt if you'd get 1 year...why should they?

18. Epperley28

Epperley28 Federal Marshal A/V Subscriber

I voted for Pepsi!

...and Hillary Clinton, so I could cancel out OKC's "cancelling out" vote.

Just kidding. :D I voted for McCain. :eek:

Kidding again. I voted for Animal for Craziest Muppet. :confused:

You guessed it! I was kidding yet again. I really voted for John Edwards because I couldn't decide who to vote for, his name was on the ticket even though he's no longer in the race, and I want to retain my complaining rights for the next four years without feeling guilty if the person I voted for gets in there and totally screws up like the last guy! (Any of you Republicans feeling guilty about what Bush has done? No? Well you should!)

19. OKCPoke

I'll feel guilty about Bush when you feel guilty about Clinton...wait, no I won't, you should just feel guilty...yes, you should.

20. OKCPoke

You mean before the middle class can no longer afford necessities. We be payin the majority of those taxes.