What if OU/WV doesn't get played and both OU/OSU win out

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
To be considered for the Big 12 Championship a team has to complete in no more than 1 game under the conference average of games. Since no games have been canceled (only rescheduled) we have to assume that number is still 9. So, with 1 more game played they would be at 8 and would at least qualify. If they don't play Baylor or WVU they would likely finish under the league average.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
To be considered for the Big 12 Championship a team has to complete in no more than 1 game under the conference average of games. Since no games have been canceled (only rescheduled) we have to assume that number is still 9. So, with 1 more game played they would be at 8 and would at least qualify. If they don't play Baylor or WVU they would likely finish under the league average.
If a team only has one less game, it goes to head to head. OU in ahead of us.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
might be the only way we get in so you might want to start praying....We had an opportunity to "earned it" and we failed miserably to do so...If a championship berth gets handed to us so be it...no like we're going to be in the championship game annually.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
If ISU loses, it is a 3-way tie with all teams being 1-1 against each other. So the next tiebreak is record against next highest ranked (ie Texas). Both OU and ISU would have a win over Texas. OSU would have a loss. That would put ISU/OU in the CCG.

So no, we do not have the tiebreaker over ISU in the event of a 3-way tie between Isu/ou/Osu...

(I think)

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
If ISU loses, it is a 3-way tie with all teams being 1-1 against each other. So the next tiebreak is record against next highest ranked (ie Texas). Both OU and ISU would have a win over Texas. OSU would have a loss. That would put ISU/OU in the CCG.

So no, we do not have the tiebreaker over ISU in the event of a 3-way tie between Isu/ou/Osu...

(I think)
This is true BUT let’s say KSU were the #4 team then we would be in and UO would be out.

Kansas State’s last game against Texas. If they beat them, then KSU is officially the #4 team.

You could also make a case for WVU beating the 4th team as well.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

(I think)
I'm confused about this...I'm thinking that if ISU loses then we would play OU again...and if OU loses we would play ISU again...assuming we win out...which is NOT, in any way, a gimmie. Have to go earn it.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok

(I think)
You’re forgetting about WVU who would likely be in a 3-way tie with Texas and K-State for 4th. It’s looking like WVU would win that 3-way. (Which doesn’t help us)

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
For WVU to be in the tiebreaker with Texas, you are assuming they and Texas win out. If WVU wins out, they beat OU. If they beat OU, then there is only ISU/OSU left with 2 losses so the tie break would not apply. The only thing we need WVU to do is beat OU. Then it is ISU vs OSU. No need for tiebreak discussions at that point.