What is your coolest or most unusual OSU / Oklahoma A&M item in your collection?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Just a diversionary thread for something else to talk about and show off some of the cool collectibles some of you may have. Tell a story about it if there is one.

Note: @casdas is not allowed to participate until the end so he does not hurt anyone's feelings. Just kidding. Hope he posts some stuff too.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
9602.jpeg

A hat I got at a garage sale for a quarter about 2 years ago. Eddie, John Smith, Big Country, and Bob Simmons. Should be from 1995 if I researched correctly. The people who sold it to me said they were signing at Johnson's in Kingfisher when they got it.

Aug 16, 2012
Sure it does because I don't have one. My thread, my rules. I'll allow it. :thumbup:
For real though, the best thing I HAD...my great grandmother gave me a 2x3 black and white photograph of Eaton. She knew him quite well somehow. Nobody knew the exact origin, date or location where it was taken but it was reported to be in Ingalls, in the 30s. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate it the last time I looked for it. Too many moves and when I came to Texas 10 years ago, I threw out a couple boxes that had old trophies/awards from growing up. They were not opened in years and got tired of dragging them around place to place so I chucked them. I am afraid my Eaton photo was in one of the boxes. I suck

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
For real though, the best thing I HAD...my great grandmother gave me a 2x3 black and white photograph of Eaton. She knew him quite well somehow. Nobody knew the exact origin, date or location where it was taken but it was reported to be in Ingalls, in the 30s. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate it the last time I looked for it. Too many moves and when I came to Texas 10 years ago, I threw out a couple boxes that had old trophies/awards from growing up. They were not opened in years and got tired of dragging them around place to place so I chucked them. I am afraid my Eaton photo was in one of the boxes. I suck

Apr 13, 2007
Until maybe a month ago, I had a plastic stadium cup from 1973 or maybe 1974. It finally cracked after all these years. I have had numerous ones since which only lasted a few years.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
All are now with my two sons. One has my Dad's Freshman Beanie from 1938 and the other his student handbook from the same year. One also has my first OSU Football game ticket from 1964 vs Nebraska. It was from when I was in grade school and cost all of $2.00 if I remember correct.

Aug 16, 2012
Ok, so we were in Katy, Texas looking at a property my client wants to buy. Scanning through the pics my wife took and come across this. Not something I own or even real memorabilia, but still seems somehow appropriate. Note this is in a memory care center so I sure hope this is about the resident's grandkid. Regardless, I always like to see random OSU fans in not so ordinary places
2234.JPG

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
I think I've shown these here before but it's been a while. First is an Oklahoma A&M football jersey that I have to believe was worn by Alex Loyd in his senior year of 1949. That was the last year this style of jersey was worn. Loyd still hold the OSU record for receptions in a game, 16, vs Kansas in 1949.

This is a megaphone about a foot tall. The stickers on it reference an Oklahoma A&M College Tiger yell and song. This dates the thing to sometime in the 1920s at the latest. it could be over 100 years old.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well I din't mean to actually post that without the other photo.

I also collect vintage A&M stuff and I've always tried to find something with the Tiger on it. It's really tough, because even when we were the Tigers nobody really like it, so it wasn't used much.