Who thinks Yurcich is leaving?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Even if Gundy wanted to move on, he's in a tough spot. If you fire a guy who puts up a top 10 offense every year you better have someone awesome to replace him already locked up. You don't get rid of Yurcich and then start a search.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Good coaches get better offers elsewhere especially if they're at OSU.

All of our better OCs have been offered HC jobs elsewhere. None lasted as long as Yurcich.
And it's not because of loyalty, because coaches everywhere move around to better jobs, better pay and bigger positions or programs.

And as much as we love Stillwater, many don't appreciate Stilly as much as we do.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

All of our better OCs have been offered HC jobs elsewhere. None lasted as long as Yurcich.
And it's not because of loyalty, because coaches everywhere move around to better jobs, better pay and bigger positions or programs.

And as much as we love Stillwater, many don't appreciate Stilly as much as we do.
Every coach who has been here more than three years sucks. If they were good, they would be gone.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Yurcich came in with a thinner resume. It makes sense he had a little more work to do to be marketable on this level.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Yurcich came in with a thinner resume. It makes sense he had a little more work to do to be marketable on this level.
yeah.... either that or OSU with our top-level pay for assistants is not the stepping stone that some of you want it to be forever.

He's at a top school, making top dollar, putting out top 10 statistics annually... WTH?

WE WANT TO BE STEPPING STONE U.

honestly fellas....

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
yeah.... either that or OSU with our top-level pay for assistants is not the stepping stone that some of you want it to be forever.

He's at a top school, making top dollar, putting out top 10 statistics annually... WTH?

honestly fellas....
I think I was just the straw for you. I agree with your sentiment, but you know his resume needed a little more padding than Shippensburg and a year or 2 in Stillwater would provide. He didn't show up with the same cred Holgy and some others have.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Joe bob is great. We consistently have good defensive line play. Our secondary sucks.

Our problem stems more from coach gundy and his stubbornness than any one coach.
but... but... but... our rushing defense is #81 in the country and one of the worst in the conference.

our passing yards allowed is worse, but one could argue that defensive line pressure (or lack of) might have an impact on those numbers.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
but... but... but... our rushing defense is #81 in the country and one of the worst in the conference.

our passing yards allowed is worse, but one could argue that defensive line pressure (or lack of) might have an impact on those numbers.
Our rush defense is bad because our secondary and linebackers can’t provide run support. Tre flowers was a beast back there coming up in the secondary. Now, we have little experience and average to below average play back there.

Oct 30, 2007
Yurcich isn’t linked to these jobs by anyone outside of Oklahoma media. It’s all fake news. Nobody wants him. Spare me the yards per game nonsense. He isn’t a good recruiter, developer, or play caller. He’s. Lousy OC.
https://247sports.com/Coach/Mike-Yurcich-1686/AllTimeRecruits/

I guess Rudolph doesn't count.

Spencer Sanders? CJ moore? (yes I know who his cousin is)
Will give you the recruiting. Rudolph was essentially, other than work by Glass, the same after four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2006
MY still has a DII mentality. Bullet could have had the success the last 4 years with the players we've had and now left. Does "Wait 'till next year" still apply?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Oh I agree with you but I didn't mention the secondary. The secondary coaches suck.
I think it’s a combination of factors. Inexperienced players and a new system doesn’t help. I want to see what happens next year before putting out any judgments of knowles and the rest of the staff. If we see vast improvements then we know it was a player experience issue.

Sep 18, 2018
Gatesville, TX
MY still has a DII mentality. Bullet could have had the success the last 4 years with the players we've had and now left. Does "Wait 'till next year" still apply?
I cannot understand why people think that there is no pressure to win at the D2 level. Having coached at that level I can ASSURE you that you either win or are fired. Bad coaches just exist and it doesn’t have anything to do with level of coaching.