1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Why the hate for Palin?

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by OSU Sig, Jun 10, 2009.

1. current

current Deputy

No, I understand misstatements, I also understand assumptions "If you ask Joe Biden he wouldd screw it up too"

VP question? what was it and what did he say?

Ok Ill give her that she was unprepared. Whos fault was that? How do you do sit down interviews and look that stupid? Besides shes doing the same thing now. ripping off a Gingrich speech?

I was asked and I answered why I dont like her. When she talks I hear an intellectual light weight the party uses to keep the religious right sedated.

2. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

In reading the comments I can see how the media has colored her to be a nimrod, based on an interview. She is not an intellectual light weight but she may never get a chance to show as she continues to be villified by the left. This was my question: If she is such a light weight and such a nimrod, why, after the election has long passed, is the left continuing to pile on, even trashing her family?

3. Slugger926

Slugger926 Territorial Marshal

BS. McCain didn't even try. He had several opportunities to deliver killer blows to Obama that he backed away from. I don't think McCain wanted to win.

4. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

She was unprepared because she entered the race in September. Toss any of the others into the race in September and they were just as unprepared.

In attacking Vice President Dick Cheney, Mr. Biden said the vice president's only role is to support the president and to preside over the Senate "only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit."

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/03/biden-gets-veep-role-wrong/

This from a guy who spent 3 decades in the Senate? And he didn't know the answer to that question?

There was just as much fodder to go after Obama and/or Biden as there was for Palin. Yet the media gave a pass to them while they hammered and went for the throat of Palin.

And Letterman is a complete stupid ass! I wonder if Letterman, since he has involved the family of Palin, thinks his family is fair game to so called "jokes". Letterman's apology was too late and too stupid. If you are going to go after someone's family on national television you should at least check your facts first. Regardless, all the comments about Palin, her family and Rodriguez." were sick and tasteless anyway.

Why isn't Letterman getting the Don Imus treatment?

5. current

current Deputy

because she continues to put her and her family in the public spotlight and based upon whats left of the Republican party will be a contender for the nomination in 2012?

6. Cimarron

That is exactly right. What exactly is the left so concerned about?

7. Cimarron

You mean like being honored by a special needs group (and how dare she take her daughter with her)? Therefore, she and her family deserves that attacks not to mention the sick and perverted jokes of Letterman?

8. current

current Deputy

Id say he is among the people who care about Sarah Palin? I get the impression that any apology would be rejected as hollow though.

The slutty flight attendant comment was out of line, and more importantly for a comedian, not funny.

Im confused about her daughter though, she is 18 and trots her self out in public to promote abstinence only education. How is making a joke about her getting knocked up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line?

9. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

So they will continue to smash her (in case she's a candidate in 2012). That makes it okay for the left to refer to her as a slutty flight attendant, and talk on national tv about her daughter getting knocked up during the 7th inning stretch at yankee stadium by A-Rod?

Then it'll be okay for the right to go after the obama family?

Do you think the right would do that?

10. current

current Deputy

No I mean giving speeches to the RNSCRNCC banquet and honoring Michael Reagan.

Shes a politician, shes fair game. She throws her kids out to promote her policies, they might get thrown under the bus too.

11. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

My question is why any thinking person on the Right would bother defending her?

12. current

current Deputy

PSSSSSSST secret time!

I said the slutty comment was wrong in the post right above yours. Awesome try though?

Yeah, I dont know if its in good taste but when you throw your teen mom daughter on the today show to talk about how great abstinence only education works people are going to make jokes.

DO I think the right would go after Obamas family? If his kids take political positions then yeah I think they might.

13. Cimarron

You mean like a drunk talking about how great AA is?

PSSSSSST, the daughter Letterman was referring too is 14......

Although it doesn't matter how old she is, it was stupid and tasteless. What bothers me is someone tries to defend Letterman.

14. Cimarron

Those on the right have the same question about Obama and Biden for those on the left.

15. current

current Deputy

No the daughter he was referring to was 18, the pregnant one. The joke doesnt make sense otherwise. Seriously this is a case of the socially conservative right seeing what they want to see. More of the liberal Hollywood elite is out to get us and doesnt appreciate our values stuff that she does so well.

And it does matter how old she is. Ones an adult and one is not.

16. Cimarron

Wrong! The daughter at the game is 14.

17. current

current Deputy

Thanks, I Know. It still doesnt mean the joke was about the 14 year old.

18. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

This very statement indicates everything that is wrong with the Right currently.

19. Cimarron

Lettermans lame excuse after the fact is an obvious cover up.

Are you telling me that Letterman is too stupid to know Palin had more than one daughter? After all they have both been on national television. In his zest to be rude, crude and hateful, did he make an error? He has been in the business of making jokes for how many years and he doesn't know to check his facts first? Lame excuse!

What gets me is why anyone is defending Letterman on this one? Is the hate for Palin that great that you give this jerk a pass?

20. Cimarron

Well of course, you are much more correct and intelligent than those of us on the right. And let's not forget more cultured as well, after all you do live in New York City.