Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Glad some local officials in OK had the foresight to try and prepare for the virus back in February. Too bad Stitt tried to play mini-Trump and dismiss the seriousness of the virus until an uptick in cases forced him to change messaging.

As I mentioned when Stitt first strongly commented on it not being the job of the government to order businesses to close, I wonder if it will cost him at the ballot box for the dismissal and slow response to the impending crush of new cases.
What would you of had Stitt do differently? And if you have some thoughts, what would those actions have done to have any different result?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
At Walmart their avocados are usually about as tender as croquet balls. You buy them, wait a week, and there is a 2 hour window where they are about right, then they rot. It's not worth the trouble, but my wife likes them.
I agree about Walmart’s. I prefer Aldi’s. They keep really well, have smaller pits and don’t take as long to ripen if necessary.

Nov 26, 2006
Haven't seen this posted here, yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c727f6-6dde-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html

Glad some local officials in OK had the foresight to try and prepare for the virus back in February. Too bad Stitt tried to play mini-Trump and dismiss the seriousness of the virus until an uptick in cases forced him to change messaging.

As I mentioned when Stitt first strongly commented on it not being the job of the government to order businesses to close, I wonder if it will cost him at the ballot box for the dismissal and slow response to the impending crush of new cases.

Good read either way and a nice message of community leaders trying to protect their constiuants.
Sorry @NotOnTV. I forgot you only upvote links to alt-right propaganda. I'll remember that the next time I post a well-written article on a small community trying to come together and fight a global phenomenon. Again, sorry that bored you...

But wait. I'm assuming you actually opened the link and tried to read the article. That's probably giving a delusional partisan hack like yourself too much credit. You probably saw Washington Post, got scared, and had to replace your depends.

From here out, and I mean this, after seeing your comments for the last two weeks, just be aware you may comment on my posts going forward, but I will no longer communicate with you. Because you offer nothing to these debates. You are so paranoid and confused and soft-minded that it is a waste of my time.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Sorry @NotOnTV. I forgot you only upvote links to alt-right propaganda. I'll remember that the next time I post a well-written article on a small community trying to come together and fight a global phenomenon. Again, sorry that bored you...

But wait. I'm assuming you actually opened the link and tried to read the article. That's probably giving a delusional partisan hack like yourself too much credit. You probably saw Washington Post, got scared, and had to replace your depends.

From here out, and I mean this, after seeing your comments for the last two weeks, just be aware you may comment on my posts going forward, but I will no longer communicate with you. Because you offer nothing to these debates. You are so paranoid and confused and soft-minded that it is a waste of my time.
Oh noes! What evah shall I do?

EDIT: By the way, the Washington Compost has a paywall.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hollywood Reporter oddly may have evidence that China is lying.

China begin opening all their movie theaters back up but as of today the HWReporter is saying they have without warning and with no reason closed all movie theaters in the country

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Turkey is now rejecting rapid test kits they ordered from a Chinese company. Say their testing show the kits were only 30-35% accurate and is ordering a different type of test kit from a different Chinese company

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
At Walmart their avocados are usually about as tender as croquet balls. You buy them, wait a week, and there is a 2 hour window where they are about right, then they rot. It's not worth the trouble, but my wife likes them.
trader joes has some nice ones and you don't have to touch them because they are all the same ripeness.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Hollywood Reporter oddly may have evidence that China is lying.

China begin opening all their movie theaters back up but as of today the HWReporter is saying they have without warning and with no reason closed all movie theaters in the country
If they are seeing it break out again after everything they've done, that really sucks.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Kansas Sec of Health Lee Norman presser says
Kansas has partnered with a company who has just been authorized to deploy a 45 min test to the state labs

State Health office is running 7 days a week

Said that forecasting COVID-19 situation for current day and next day fairly good predictions but anything 3 days out or more is impossible right now

Said the expected peak of the outbreak in Kansas will occur in mid to late April due to still lacking widespread testing

Said that the states Flu tracker is going up and they fear that COVID-19 cases are being misidentified and added to it and flu tracker will be used to identify where unknown cases are

Said populations centers in Kansas are hardest hit but Western Kansas starting to report cases as well

Said their current modeling shows the state has just enough ICU beds at this time with 35 left over to handle the outbreak but they are looking at alternative care sites if the need to increase capacity

Said shelter in place orders will be reevaluated every 2 weeks but need to be kept in place for now

Said he does not think there is going to be a seasonality with COVID-19

Said state is looking at GPS tracking of cell phones to monitor effectiveness of people movement during shelter in place. Said movement of people down 40% in the state since shelter in place order

Said state is looking at ways to buy, make or create their on PPE for health care workers

Jul 11, 2007
93131 right now. 1382 deaths, 2417 recovered, 2432 serious or critical
At the current rate of expansion, we will be close to a million cases in a week and 10,000 deaths.
Not at all minimizing the impact of someone losing a loved one, but it does appear the death rate is going to drop below 1%.
Nope. Death rate of known cases will increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
be careful with talking about the FEMA Pandemic Crisis Action Plan of 2018. It is only targeted toward a world wide Flu pandemic and nothing like what we are seeing now.

It assumed kids would be the most at risk, it would deal with a situation where a person is only contagious for 2-3 days and would know they were infected no later than 2 days after getting it, it assumed that kids would be the biggest spreaders of the flu due to school etc. It sets up infrastructure, funding etc all based on a world wide Flu
Assumed a R Naught value no greater than 2
Fake news.

No plan is expected to be pulled off the shelf and used as-is. Plans are based on a set of facts and assumptions that are required for planning, and when an actual crisis unfolds those facts and assumptions are updated and the plan is adapted to current circumstances. The 2018 PanCAP was updated and reissued for Covid-19 on March 13th. If we waited until we knew all the facts before we began planning the crisis would be over before the plan was developed.