20 yr Anniversary Ideas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 25, 2006
BA
I LOVE Rosemary Beach...my wife and I used to go there and take the kids and stay in carriage houses back in the day when it was mostly still under construction. LOVE that area....but it's gotten really pricy these days. We were in Grayton Beach in March when the big Covid scare started. Wonderful people vacation there and own homes in the area...it's just a bit out of my range, but I can go and enjoy the beach. That's the great thing about travel, if you research and dig hard enough anyone can find great deals on just about anywhere...sans maybe Bora Bora.
The carriage house we are staying in is less than a 5 min walk to the beach and was super affordable (thanks COVID!). This'll be our first time to the area and we've heard so many good things already, we doubt it will be our last.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Our 15th anniversary is next June. We were going to plan something big, but I don't even know for certain if we'll be able to leave the country at this rate. I guess we'll have to wait and book late.
The election (either way) is going to magically cure COVID-19. If trump wins we will have some other crisis like riots and malcontents making noise but the covid will be over. Bank on it. You will be fine, at least I hope so because we are also booked for Africa next August.
Africa is by far the coolest places I’ve ever been. Europe, S America, C America, Caribbean, New Zealand, anywhere in US or Canada don’t come close.
- Tanzania (Serengeti tent safari)
- Rwanda (gorillas in Volcanos Nat Park)
- S. Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe (game lodges)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Africa is by far the coolest places I’ve ever been. Europe, S America, C America, Caribbean, New Zealand, anywhere in US or Canada don’t come close.
- Tanzania (Serengeti tent safari)
- Rwanda (gorillas in Volcanos Nat Park)
- S. Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe (game lodges)

Man I hope we get to go, I've never been on the continent and we are scheduled for August 2021 now...so time will tell. Even our make up trip got canceled this week which was a house on the beach in Florida. I certainly don't blame my in-laws as I think it's wise for them to cancel that because it's 17 of us and that's too much gathering right now, especially since it's against Florida rules as of last week to gather in groups larger than 10. Kind of a bummer, but it is what it is.

Africa trip is hopefully...
South Africa -
Cape Town and areas around it
Kruger National Park area, private game reserve in the area
Zambia -
River Lodge above Victoria Falls
A little shorter on time than yours, but I'm really excited and hopeful that we can at least get it going by NEXT August and that the world is back open by then. But...who knows at this point with things so bleak in the news and media...

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Man I hope we get to go, I've never been on the continent and we are scheduled for August 2021 now...so time will tell. Even our make up trip got canceled this week which was a house on the beach in Florida. I certainly don't blame my in-laws as I think it's wise for them to cancel that because it's 17 of us and that's too much gathering right now.

Africa trip is hopefully...
South Africa -
Cape Town and areas around it
Kruger National Park area, private game reserve in the area
Zambia -
River Lodge above Victoria Falls
A little shorter on time than yours, but I'm really excited and hopeful that we can at least get it going by NEXT August and that the world is back open by then. But...who knows at this point with things so bleak in the news and media...
I've taken 3 different trips. Planning a fourth when the coast is clear.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I've taken 3 different trips. Planning a fourth when the coast is clear.
Do you take special precautions like malaria drugs and shots for things like Yellow fever when you travel to Africa? I've done Malaria drugs in the past for other 3rd world type places...assume South Africa we wouldn't need them but other areas more equatorial we might.
I've also looked at going to North Africa (Morocco and/or Egypt because my wife lived in Egypt as a child) several times and just never pulled the trigger. Went to Greece last May and that was our last international trip. Mexico trip was scheduled for March when all this went down and we decided to cancle...still have a credit with the hotel on Cozumel.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Do you take special precautions like malaria drugs and shots for things like Yellow fever when you travel to Africa? I've done Malaria drugs in the past for other 3rd world type places...assume South Africa we wouldn't need them but other areas more equatorial we might.
I've also looked at going to North Africa (Morocco and/or Egypt because my wife lived in Egypt as a child) several times and just never pulled the trigger. Went to Greece last May and that was our last international trip.
I always do the malaria pre-treatment. Also make sure I'm up-to-date on typhoid, yellow fever and hepatitis.

One very unexpected pleasant surprise when traveling in Africa. No pesky bugs or insects except the tsetse fly. And even that they do a good job of controlling.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I always do the malaria pre-treatment. Also make sure I'm up-to-date on typhoid, yellow fever and hepatitis.

One very unexpected pleasant surprise when traveling in Africa. No pesky bugs or insects except the tsetse fly. And even that they do a good job of controlling.
Traveling in the Southern Hemisphere in our summer is their winter...this is likely the reason? No? I'm sure in rainy seasons it's different just as it is in Central America.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Traveling in the Southern Hemisphere in our summer is their winter...this is likely the reason? No? I'm sure in rainy seasons it's different just as it is in Central America.
Don’t think it has anything to do with the season. Rwanda and Tanzania are just south of the equator. Temps in July max out around 80 daytime, 60 overnight. SA, Botswana and Zimbabwe are a little cooler.