2012 Cowboy Football Media Guide - Now Available

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 30, 2008
Dallas, TX
I thought May tore his ACL gonna be interesting after gilbert and brown
I disagree. Jones, Stephens, Griffin, and Peterson all have very solid pedigrees and some of those guys already have experience. We've recruited well at that spot, and May is obviously available to play in some capacity.

If you want to worry, think about what our DE spot will look like if Robinson or Nicholas get hurt. Do you really trust Bean or T Johnson as a DE starter? They weigh like 170 pounds.

IMO, aside from DE, we are STACKED. The depth chart seemingly gets better every year.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I disagree. Jones, Stephens, Griffin, and Peterson all have very solid pedigrees and some of those guys already have experience. We've recruited well at that spot, and May is obviously available to play in some capacity.

If you want to worry, think about what our DE spot will look like if Robinson or Nicholas get hurt. Do you really trust Bean or T Johnson as a DE starter? They weigh like 170 pounds.

IMO, aside from DE, we are STACKED. The depth chart seemingly gets better every year.
Bassett can play. I could also see one of the young guys like Eric Davis or Trace Clark stepping up. Wishful thinking perhaps;-)

Nov 28, 2008
I also feel a bit better since looking at the player profiles and comparing with the 2-deep.

The weights on some of those guys have changed (assuming the profiles are less stale).

In some cases (Joe Mitchell, Cross, et. al.) the change is pretty dramatic.

Aug 17, 2009
Durham, NC
Anyone see that Paulsen isn't even on the two-deep now? Wonder what happened. He's approximately the size of a house. Interesting that a converted LB has moved past him.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I also feel a bit better since looking at the player profiles and comparing with the 2-deep.

The weights on some of those guys have changed (assuming the profiles are less stale).

In some cases (Joe Mitchell, Cross, et. al.) the change is pretty dramatic.
Sounds like Joe Mitchell has gone from 225 to zero as far as we're concerned.

Aug 17, 2009
Durham, NC
Achilles injury perhaps? or maybe ACL - but whatever I think he was iffy to be ready by the start of the season. I remember being really bummed out for him - seems like a really good kid and he seemed to be learning and improving as a CB... Hopefully he'll come back strong and help with depth at some point during the season...
Achilles. What I don't get is Andrae May tore his ACL in April, yet he's still listed on the two deep. Hedgepeth tore his Achilles 10 months ago.... Does not compute