Football 2013 Recruit- Ranthony Texada

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
O

osupride97

19 offers later and none from OSU. I think he's given up and is leaning towards TCU. Big loss for OSU.

He also just visited Nebraska and is expected to receive an offer from them.

My hopes of him wearing orange and black is fading away.....................

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
TCU is really his best offer so far.

edit: Well, Scout says he has a PSU offer.

May 30, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's weird that we aren't even talking to him though. Lots of good players get late offers, but usually there is a relationship before hand. He's definitely getting some good offers.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
Why? If oSu went after every recruit that some random internet poster wanted, they would run out of schollys and the coaches have a much better idea of what fits their scheme.
Don't understand your personal crusade here.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Why? If oSu went after every recruit that some random internet poster wanted, they would run out of schollys and the coaches have a much better idea of what fits their scheme.
I believe it's because Ranthony is a close family friend and he was heavily interested in OSU and a very capable D1 player but we went with other options. It'd be equivalent to you having a son/nephew/close family friend that was a capable D1 player with Big12 offers but wanted to play at OSU and didn't get an offer. You would be a little upset, I would assume.

O

osupride97

Sorry for getting excited about my alma mater, at one time, being interested in a close friend's son. Geez.

O

osupride97

I believe it's because Ranthony is a close family friend and he was heavily interested in OSU and a very capable D1 player but we went with other options. It'd be equivalent to you having a son/nephew/close family friend that was a capable D1 player with Big12 offers but wanted to play at OSU and didn't get an offer. You would be a little upset, I would assume.
Thank you LakeCowboy. Perfectly said.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
He said he was very disappointed. You have to understand the program needs as well.

O

osupride97

He said he was very disappointed. You have to understand the program needs as well.
And I do understand the program needs as well. Was originally excited that I might have a close friend wearing O&B. Not that big of a deal really.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
There is a thread about a kid named Darren Carrington that could use this type of logical input.

O

osupride97

He chose TCU. At least you will be able to see most of his game with how close he is to you.
Good news for TCU. Glad to see he picked a Big 12 school, at least. I'll still get to watch him every year. Was wishing to see him in O&B, but happy for the kid. He'll do great things.