1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

2017 NWCA Championship vs. Penn State

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Seth25809er, Feb 13, 2017.

1. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Since you've already spent the $20 I'd recommend checking out some of their documentaries. It's honestly the best thing about Flo IMO.

As far as OSU They have one called "The Program" on OSU that isn't bad. "Mocco" is great, and just as a general "wrestling" fan there are a bunch of pretty good ones and all have some ties to OSU.

The one on the Minnesota program is pretty good and J Robison's an OSU grad. "Terry" is really good and it's about an Iowa wrestler/coach, but you get to see Kendall Cross crush his Olympic dreams and go on to win a gold medal.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
    A/V Subscriber

Yeah... about that $20... I hit the wrong dang button... and bought the entire year membership. So, I might take to watching some of those videos this summer during the down time before football. I also plan on watching some of the instructional videos. I'm hankering to help out the youth team in my town next winter.

what an idiot.jpg

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

I travel a lot for work. I've found they can be convenient to have when you're stuck in an airport or hotel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber

Will have to Chromecast it to my TV on Sunday.

6. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

If Gundy in a singlet didn't wasn't enough to convince you to go.

https://www.facebook.com/cowboywrestling/videos/10154989253558554/

• Like Like x 2
  7. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

It is looking like I'm going to have to get there early Sunday to get my secret, close, free parking I've been getting every dual. I already warned the bartender at George's Stables that I'd be there early for breakfast.

• Like Like x 4
  8. oSuAusTex

oSuAusTex Territorial Marshal

I haven't seen it mentioned regarding ESPN showing the Coach Gundy video this morning.

The commentators thought it was cool that a coach from another sport at a university would be promoting another sport at that school. They did not mention he wrestled in high school. (probably didn't know that)

• Like Like x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

There's a lot of discussion in the wrestling world about growth of the sport, promotion, awareness, etc.. Gundy may have done more for the sport in that goofy video than most realize.

There's a legit chance that one of the greatest athletic programs ever sets an attendance record in part because a football coach put a singlet and made a video. That video's everywhere. Even some OSU fans may have not known about this dual. They definitely do now.

• Like Like x 8
  10. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Creator of "Dumbest Post in OP History!"
    A/V Subscriber

The comments sections on all of the Flo articles are incredible. Penn State fans have no respect for us... But it's also painfully obvious that most of the people commenting never made it past 8th grade, let alone to State College.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

Or maybe they actually graduated from PSU and they have that quality of education there.:thumbup:

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber

I'm not going to talk shit about another school's education quality. We aren't exactly Yale.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  13. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber

Yale isn't exactly Yale these days.

• Like Like x 4
  14. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber

Well a degree from Yale will still get you a six figure gig on Wall Street if you shake a couple of hands while you're there. A degree from OSU is awesome... But it will take a few years of sweat (and a lot of tears in my case) to get to that six figure job in Dallas... And when I get called to interview for a new job they still expect me to take a few steps back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

But they have respect for a pedophile enabling coach.

16. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Cowboy

Ya know its funny you mention that, being a native NYer whom went to OSU and then went back home after graduating, when I was interviewing and people saw that I went to Oklahoma State you would think I went to Yale based on their responses, they were so intrigued by it. Obviously, a lot of it had to do with probably them never seeing a school like that for a job in New York but it was an easy ice breaker they asked me all about it. I was competing directly with a girl who went to school at Harvard for a job and when we were in the waiting room and she told me her college I almost just got up and left. They offered me the job and not her, she was clearly super smart but honestly seemed like a robot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LandscapePoke

LandscapePoke Deputy

Just got 2 tickets!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Flo broke down the dual a bit in their podcast yesterday. Sorta interesting from a somewhat unbiased perspective.

They think we have a chance for an upset at 125 and a chance to win 174. The biggest potential bonus pt. match for us is 133 and them is 184. 157 is a big ? and the rest are probably decisions to the favored wrestler. They also think 165 is going to be the best match.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/52071-frl-179-complete-osu-psu-predictions-jordan-burroughs-world-cup-and-iowa

• Like Like x 2
  20. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber

One of the faculty here is a big Penn State fan. He's coming over to watch the match with me.