2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
First, why would anyone conclude a successful SEC DC would leave his current job for the same job but less money to coach in the B12? Has nothing to do with the supposition we're just little ole Okie State. It's career path and $$$.

Regarding RA, historically everything you read in paper or magazine has been reviewed and corrected by an editor. Now that the internet has taken over news, reporting, opinion, etc..., bad sentence structure, bad spelling and bad punctuation is EVERYWHERE, or haven't you noticed. Sure, RA could do better, but it ain't as bad as you characterize it.
What is his contract worth? Has it been disclosed and/or finalized?
Beats me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
First, why would anyone conclude a successful SEC DC would leave his current job for the same job but less money to coach in the B12? Has nothing to do with the supposition we're just little ole Okie State. It's career path and $$$.

Regarding RA, historically everything you read in paper or magazine has been reviewed and corrected by an editor. Now that the internet has taken over news, reporting, opinion, etc..., bad sentence structure, bad spelling and bad punctuation is EVERYWHERE, or haven't you noticed. Sure, RA could do better, but it ain't as bad as you characterize it.
Beats me

I found where he made 1.5 million at Auburn. So, basically we are going to pay him what we should have paid Knowles? Hopefully, the admin provides some clarity.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Beats me

I found where he made 1.5 million at Auburn. So, basically we are going to pay him what we should have paid Knowles? Hopefully, the admin provides some clarity.

I’d be careful trying to critique what we may have offered Knowles to stay vs what we’re paying Mason. Indications are that before last week there was a maximum available for coaches salaries that would have capped what we could offer Knowles at $1.3mm. I can’t point to known facts, but believe the coaches salary pool has in the last week been increased by the Regents such that we can now pay a coordinator more than $1.3mm. If I had to guess Mason’s salary is in the $1.5mm range and the other coaches are all getting raises. But that’s all just a guess.

Mar 8, 2010
All I know for sure is that we payed Mason what we had to get him to come here and that appears to be a huge step in getting us to that next level that Gundy said was possibly. Accolades to not only Gundy for his vision to make this program elite but also to our new President and AD for joining the team. Feeling pretty good right now about the state of Cowboy football.

Oct 30, 2007

Beats me

I’d be careful trying to critique what we may have offered Knowles to stay vs what we’re paying Mason. Indications are that before last week there was a maximum available for coaches salaries that would have capped what we could offer Knowles at $1.3mm. I can’t point to known facts, but believe the coaches salary pool has in the last week been increased by the Regents such that we can now pay a coordinator more than $1.3mm. If I had to guess Mason’s salary is in the $1.5mm range and the other coaches are all getting raises. But that’s all just a guess.

So, your answer to my question is yes?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
All I know for sure is that we payed Mason what we had to get him to come here and that appears to be a huge step in getting us to that next level that Gundy said was possibly. Accolades to not only Gundy for his vision to make this program elite but also to our new President and AD for joining the team. Feeling pretty good right now about the state of Cowboy football.
I agree, it appears we are moving onward and upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.