Football 2021 WR Quaydarius Davis

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I would still think we would find a way to get him on campus, but that’s the coaches job so l’ll trust their plan. But it’s frustrating as a fan to to not get talented players that seemingly want to come to OSU when we hear how hard it is to recruit to Stillwater.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I would still think we would find a way to get him on campus, but that’s the coaches job so l’ll trust their plan. But it’s frustrating as a fan to to not get talented players that seemingly want to come to OSU when we hear how hard it is to recruit to Stillwater.
I do not understand how do not have room on the roster, we have a big senior/declaring class, we’re only taking 20 incoming freshman so we’re 5 away from the annual max. We’ve been hit hard by transfers in recent years. I do not understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I do not understand how do not have room on the roster, we have a big senior/declaring class, we’re only taking 20 incoming freshman so we’re 5 away from the annual max. We’ve been hit hard by transfers in recent years. I do not understand.

Incoming transfers also count against that 25 limit and we apparently have 4 that fit into that category according to 247, including two that counted forward from last year (thus only one spot left):

1609786693449.png

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Incoming transfers also count against that 25 limit and we apparently have 4 that fit into that category according to 247, including two that counted forward from last year (thus only one spot left):

View attachment 88103
Even so... one spot left, why not sign a guy rated this highly?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Pretty sure we stopped recruiting him and took another WR in his place when he would not fully commit to us (with good reason based on his previous actions). Thus that open spot is not for a WR.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Kid is a head case....OSU hasn’t been recruiting him for a long time. Everyone has passed on him...his top 3 was really a top 1, which was Kansas. Everyone has pretty much stop recruiting this kid. He does have talent, but the haul we got this class is pretty damn good.

Nov 6, 2010
Pretty sure we stopped recruiting him and took another WR in his place when he would not fully commit to us (with good reason based on his previous actions). Thus that open spot is not for a WR.
I read somewhere we were looking at him at DB, which he seemed pretty interested in. Either way, I just don't think the coaches want the drama, which I can certainly appreciate.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I’d really rather take the strongest overall prospect than take a depth piece for positional value.

Not to call specific people out, but I’m curious when why we took a transfer that was a back up RB at a G5 school right before signing day when we knew a guy like Quay should of been an option since he’d already decommitted.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Kid is a head case....OSU hasn’t been recruiting him for a long time. Everyone has passed on him...his top 3 was really a top 1, which was Kansas. Everyone has pretty much stop recruiting this kid. He does have talent, but the haul we got this class is pretty damn good.
Every good corner is a head case. You have to be irrational to be good at the position. Get the darn talent.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I read somewhere we were looking at him at DB, which he seemed pretty interested in. Either way, I just don't think the coaches want the drama, which I can certainly appreciate.
Tbh, I wanted him more as a CB than a WR because I’d also seen that.

Idk, to be frank I kinda see it as lazy not wanting to put up with a little bit of attitude.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Tbh, I wanted him more as a CB than a WR because I’d also seen that.

Idk, to be frank I kinda see it as lazy not wanting to put up with a little bit of attitude.

I guess time will tell.
Nah not really. I have no doubt our player development is some of the best in the country and losing makes player buy in more difficult. It’s likely we never hear his name again, but maybe we would of if we’d gotten him into our building.

Nov 6, 2010
Nah not really. I have no doubt our player development is some of the best in the country and losing makes player buy in more difficult. It’s likely we never hear his name again, but maybe we would of if we’d gotten him into our building.

I was more referring to the off field issues that are likely. If he gets arrested/suspended at KU, or wherever he ends up, or stays one year and transfers to some Juco. We don't need that at this point, KU does.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I was more referring to the off field issues that are likely. If he gets arrested/suspended at KU, or wherever he ends up, or stays one year and transfers to some Juco. We don't need that at this point, KU does.
Decommitting 3 times isn’t an indicator of future criminal activity.

Nov 6, 2010
Decommitting 3 times isn’t an indicator of future criminal activity.

Look, I don't know anything about the kid and I'm not trying to judge, but there is a reason for all this. I doubt he simply was changing his mind, but rather, I'm more inclined to believe the schools he committed to told him to move on and let him announce it as a decommit. I'm sure our coaches offered him a Dez type plan to get him on track, but for whatever reason, he didn't buy in. Like I said, time will tell, I'll be glad to be wrong on this one.