Football 2022 ATH Braylin Presley Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
I've heard that he wants to go through the recruiting process. I think that there's a good chance he'll end up here, but I'm not sure what his timeframe is.
If he waits a long time to commit is there a chance we don't hold a place for him due to the RB/ATH that have committed already. Related question, what position is he getting recruited for, only RB or all around RB/Slot WR/PR/KR? Having two guys committed for RB already makes me wonder if we aren't expecting him.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I've heard that he wants to go through the recruiting process. I think that there's a good chance he'll end up here, but I'm not sure what his timeframe is.
If he waits a long time to commit is there a chance we don't hold a place for him due to the RB/ATH that have committed already. Related question, what position is he getting recruited for, only RB or all around RB/Slot WR/PR/KR? Having two guys committed for RB already makes me wonder if we aren't expecting him.
He’s not a 5 star. Most everybody can be recruited over That being said if we can’t hold a place for him it probably means we will have a loaded recruiting class Win-Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 30, 2007
Recruiting class slots are first come first served. Prospects always run the risk of getting an offer pulled if another prospect commits before them. Quaydarius Davis had offers from schools like Alabama & LSU early last year, but he ended up at Kansas because he waited too long to make a commitment.

I'm not sure where Braylin would project to play. My guess is that we would utilize him as a change of pace running back and returner similarly to how we utilized Tyreek Hill. He could always move to the slot like his brother if things didn't work out in the backfield.

LD Brown, Dezmon Jackson, & Jaylen Warren will all be graduating in 2021, so the RB position should be wide open in 2022. We may take more RB's in this class than usual, because we'll need depth.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
Recruiting class slots are first come first served. Prospects always run the risk of getting an offer pulled if another prospect commits before them. Quaydarius Davis had offers from schools like Alabama & LSU early last year, but he ended up at Kansas because he waited too long to make a commitment.

I'm not sure where Braylin would project to play. My guess is that we would utilize him as a change of pace running back and returner similarly to how we utilized Tyreek Hill. He could always move to the slot like his brother if things didn't work out in the backfield.

LD Brown, Dezmon Jackson, & Jaylen Warren will all be graduating in 2021, so the RB position should be wide open in 2022. We may take more RB's in this class than usual, because we'll need depth.
I know it's first come first serve and once someone commits we generally don't continue to recruit for that scholly. I also get that you will probably rarely hold a slot that another position was expecting to use (e.g., pull a scholly that was set for LB to hold for a RB). To me, while he's not a 5 star, he's the kind of guy that just makes things happen and you don't want to miss on.

Good call on having several guys leaving the RB room next year and expecting a bigger class there. I'm used to only seeing 1 or 2 a class.

So just curious if anyone knew how highly our coaches really regarded him and if they were going to try to hold a spot for him (tell other recruits their offer is contingent on him not committing) or just let it play out.

Oct 30, 2007
So just curious if anyone knew how highly our coaches really regarded him and if they were going to try to hold a spot for him (tell other recruits their offer is contingent on him not committing) or just let it play out.
That's tough to say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to recruiting. We took awhile to offer him though, so I doubt that we would hold a spot open until signing day. He'll probably run the risk of getting passed over if he waits too long to commit.

All that being said, I don't expect that to happen. His brother will probably be our starting slot receiver next year and his sister was a member of our track team. Their family seems to have orange blood flowing through their veins. So I expect him to commit well before signing day.

Last edited: