B12 final standings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
If no more games are cancelled, it is impossible for WV to have the same record as KU and OSU.

Here:
http://bball.notnothing.net/big12.php?sport=mbb

The link is also in Post #3 of this same thread, same page as this post.
Thanks, @SlurrrPup! That's been around for several years but for the life of me I couldn't find it this weekend. I remembered it was an ISU Alum that wrote it and I used to find it on their boards but came up empty. It's a great tool for sure.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
We would get the 2 seed.

All tie-breaking scenarios between OSU and KU would come down to records against OU, Texas, WVU or some combination of those 3. We would win all scenarios.

KU is only 2-4 against those 3. We would wind up being 4-2 against the same 3.
So what you are saying is, it is a good thing that 2 of our losses came against TCU would be a positive in that situation

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We would get the 2 seed.

All tie-breaking scenarios between OSU and KU would come down to records against OU, Texas, WVU or some combination of those 3. We would win all scenarios.

KU is only 2-4 against those 3. We would wind up being 4-2 against the same 3.
So what you are saying is, it is a good thing that 2 of our losses came against TCU would be a positive in that situation
Yeah, just like OUs loss in football to KSU instead of OSU or UT helped them with the tiebreakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Our chances of winning the BIg 12 are pretty inconsequential, but what's most important is how we do in March Madness.
Our odds of going to the FInal Four are slim, but a good, long run would really be about the best we could possibly hope for.

This Cowboy team in not Final Four worthy, but it is fun to watch and it restores my faith in the future of Cowboy basketball.
Cade may be one-and-done, but he has shown OSU Cowboy basketball in an awesome light nationally.

I think his playing here under Coach Boynton will open the eyes of many a top recruit who has witnessed the type of play Coach B has instilled. The future of Cowboy basketball is in great hands.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
OU lost so as far as I can tell the worst we can finish is 6th. Not playing day 1 is huge. Sixth would also put us on the same side of the bracket as Kansas but opposite of Baylor

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
So what it looks like we beat WVU we finish 5th. Tech beat Baylor and we lose we finish 6th. We both lose we finish 5th. If we beat WVU and TCU beats Texas we can climb to fourth no matter what Tech does

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
So what it looks like we beat WVU we finish 5th. Tech beat Baylor and we lose we finish 6th. We both lose we finish 5th. If we beat WVU and TCU beats Texas we can climb to fourth no matter what Tech does
Correct. If we win and Texas loses we will play Ou in the 4/5 game

Nevermind I forgot to change Ou to a loss tonight.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
http://bball.notnothing.net/big12.php?sport=mbb
According to this even if OSU, Tech, and Texas all lose OU finished 7th
Yeah I forgot to change Texas to the winner of tonight’s game. Looks like we will either play Texas, tech, or wvu in the first game. An osu and Texas win means we play wvu back to back. Texas jumps to the 3 and Kansas to the 2. A osu and tech win with a Texas loss we play tech. So many scenarios out there. But what is set in stone is Ou is the 7.